Rachel's Food Diary! I WILL be a slim bride!

OMG. There's just been a meeting with a supplier at work and he has brought the HUGEST bag of treats in for us all. There's white chocolate cookies *sigh* my favourite!

I resisted though, and took a bag of miniature Malteaster Bunnies!

They're only 3 syns each, and you get a bag of of 5! I'm definitely taking a couple to the cinema tonight as my 'sweet treat' and will keep the rest in my drawer for when i'm feeling like a chocolate hit!

Yum!

I love them, nearly bought some at lunch, but its not good me being in close proximity to them while in work...i'll end up eating about...5

Okay so, tea last night was a stir fry. Cos i never buy the sauces and usually just use soy sauce, i decided to try and make a bit of a chinesey marinade based one one a friend showed me when we went on holiday a couple of years ago! I couldnt remember it exactly, but it tasted amazing. Here's what went in my stir fry...

Lean pork, marinaded in wholegrain mustard,1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn), passata, 1tsp brown sugar (1 syn), soy sauce and a bit of nandos garlic peri peri sauce (0.5 syns per tbsp and i used a tsp...so i'm not gonna count any syns for that cos i also only ate half of the stir fry! It would be like 0.1 syn or something silly!) and salt and pepper. I fried that in the wok in fry light and until it was cooked and then put it to one side. I then fried mushrooms, sweetcorn, cabbage, carrot, beansprouts, peppers, red onion, leeks, courgette, water chestnuts in the wok with soy sauce and a few spoonfuls of the sauce from the pork. I friend some soft noodles and mixed it all together. It was amazing! So much nicer than just using soy sauce! I'll definitely be making it again.

The whole thing was 2 syns, and i had half so just 1 syn for tea :)

I also had a mini malteaster bunny before i left work (3 syns) oops!

So my syns for the day were 5 syns....until i went to the cinema and decided i couldnt resist having a chocolate bar as my friend was there buying 3 cream eggs for herself! So, i had a milkyway which is 10 syns.

So - total syns for Wednesday = 15 syns. So not over my allowance, but still more than i'd have liked and definitely no need for my to have 2 chocolatey treats in a day!

Food Diary for Thursday

Breakfast - Alpen light bar (HEb)

Snack - Apple

Lunch - Chicken Mugshot, satsuma

Snack - Alpen Light Bar (HEb)

Tea - Jacket Potato (1 syn), tuna, sweetcorn and mayo (2 syns), salad.
I'm at work until 7 tonight, and going straight to the pub for a pub quiz after work. I'll be on diet coke all night though! So i've brought my jacket potato etc to work to have for tea, and completely forgot to bring something for lunch - hence only have a mugshot! I've got 5 light laughing cow cheeses as my (HEa) just incase i get hungry :)

So, syns for Thursday should be 3 syns! If i can stick to that, it will make me feel better about having too many syns yesterday :)

Last edited:
Stuck to my food plan completely yesterday (almost!) :). Went to the pub quiz with some friends, and at the end of the night and they always do food. Really bad, fattening, but oh so good food. Usually its sausages, white bread, and curly chips! So, last night i took a packet of the 82 cal skips (4.5 syns). I didnt eat any chips, or anything at all. I just sat quite happily with my crisps which i did really enjoy cos i've been avoiding them since i started on SW. So, syns for Thursday were 8.5.

Food Diary for Friday

Breakfast - Alpen Light (HEb), fat free Apple and Mango yoghurt.

Lunch - Friday is my 12.30pm finish at work. So i'm going to make an omlette i think! So 2 eggs, ham, 42g light cheddar (HEa), sweetcorn and beans. I have a load of free mugshots and fat free super noodles too just incase i'm still hungry.

Snack - Apple, light alpen bar (HEb)

Tea - I'm making a lamb curry tonight. So...
Lean lamb, tikka spice, red onion, peppers, garden peas, passata, 1 tbsp nandos garlic piri piri sauce (0.5 syns). I'll probably throw loads of other spices in there too, depending on what i feel like/what i can find in our cupboard! Gonna get some fat free natural yoghurt to serve, and boiled rice.

I was going to make the chicken satay skewers i keep seeing recipes for on here, but i cant deicide if i think it will be nice or not!

So far thats only 0.5 syns for today....

Hi Rachel, just popping in to say hi and you are doing really well with all your planning! Just wondering if the yoghurt for breakfast is an onken one? Just as these have now changed and are synned, just thought I'd mention it incase it is. x

Oh are you joking? This is the downfall of not going to group! I havent eaten it yet, thank god! Which ones are synned?! Thank you for letting me know :) x

That's okay we've got to stick together! They are all going to be synned if you have a pot with a bubble in the top coner saying 'no longer made with artificial sweeteners' or something like that then they are synned, Im pretty sure vanilla is 5, strawberry is 5.5 and i think apple and mango is about 8 for the whole pot. x

Wow, that is so disappointing! Thank god you've told me, i would have easily eaten half the pot today and that would have been 4 syns wasted on yoghurt when i could have got one of the free mullar lights or something! Guess i'll be stocking up on them from now on rather than the Onken! x

Hang on, mine still says its fat free and made with sugars and sweetners, it doesnt say 'no longer made with artificial sweetners' or anything .Does that mean i can still eat this pot and that its free?! x

Hi! If you have a pot on which has no bubble on the front saying 'now without artificial sweetners' then it will still be the old recipe and therefore still freee. There are apparently a few stockists that still have some left old recipe- but not for long! HTH :)

Okay so food plan has slightly changed for today.

Just put the lamb curry in the slow cooker, all ingredients are the same as before, with a tbsp of nandos sauce for 0.5 syns. I'm only having half, so thats 0.25syns. Almost not worth counting,but i will!

So lunch - i've got home and realised there's 3 Tesco Light Choices sausages which go out of date today, so i'm gonna have them with my omlette instead of the ham, and still have 42g cheese as my HEa and beans. So thats 3 syns.

Tea - i'm thinking i'm going to count my alpen bar as syns (3 syns) and use my HEb as a brown bread roll and make some garlic butter (Lurpack lighter, 2tsp, 2 syns)

Sot - syns for Friday will be 8.25! I might change my mind and stick with my alpen bars as HEb and have another one, but i love naan bread with my curry and seeing as there's no such thing as low syn naan bread (that i know of) garlic bread is the next best thing! :)

Rachel- one syn is roughly 20kcal. If you are counting a quarter of a syn then you are basically counting 5kcal! I know it all adds up but a quarter of a syn really is 'negligble' Let yourself off that quarter, maybe do a few situps to compensate if you feel really bad ;)

Thanks Laura! I know, i'm just trying to be quite strict with myself this week, really want to see a 2lb loss :)

Our curry was gorgeous last night, i did have the garlic bread so syns for Friday were 8!

Saturday

Breakfast - bacon (fat cut off) sandwich on 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEb) with light mayo (1 syn)

Lunch - havent decided yet, i have loads of free low fat supernoodes and pasta n sauce in so might use that. We might be going to the farmers market later to get some nice meats and veg too, so might get something from there and cook it when we get back.

Tea - Having friends over for a takeaway tonight, but me and Laurenporkchop have decided we are going to cook our own low syn chinese feast instead of having takeaway. It will be cheaper (maybe) and healthier (definitely).

So the plan is...

Starter - Duck breast Salad with Hoi Sin Sauce.
Going to roast the duck breast with salt, five spice and a bit of soy sauce. Remove the skin, and flake meat into a salad of lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, and a drizzle of hoi sin (3.5 syns in half a pack of amoy hoisin sauce)

Main - Chicken stir fry with SW curry sauce.
Chicken, beansprouts, mushrooms, peppers, red onion, carrot, sweetcorn, cabbage, broccoli all stir fried with soy sauce and soft noodles. Served with SW curry sauce on top!
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 - 1 tbsp curry powder
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 floz veg stock
2 tbsp sweetner
yogurt 2-4 tbsp

fry onion, ginger and garlic in fry light for 2 minutes, add the curry powder, stir in the toms, stock and sweetner. simmer for 15 mins. take off heat stir in yogurt and blend.

Might make something for dessert as well but we will probably be too full anyway!

Lunch ended up being some ready to eat grilled chicken peices from Asda, mixed with some sweetcorn and some light mayo (1 syn) - sounds gross but its so good! Just like chicken mayo sandwich filler but not in a sandwich! I assume the chicken pieces were free as they didnt have any flavouring on them and were grilled! cant find the exact syns but from looking on here, an educated guess would say they are free! So fingers crossed they are, if anyone knows any different please let me know!

Also bought some ready made Cajun chicken stir fry from the Farmers Cart. Its just chicken with peppers and red onion in cajun spices with a bit of oil! I asked the guy on the counter how much and he said he didnt know, but not much! Its between me and laurenporkchop for tea tonight so if we count 3 syns each for it, i think we'll be okay!

Gonna allow myself my whole 15 syns today seeing as its Friday and i'm not drinking, which i have done almost every other weekend on SW. So far we've got 2 for mayo, 3.5 for hoi sin and 3 for the chicken. 8.5..not bad!

Okay, so, this is what we had for tea last night. Wish either me or laurenporkchop had taken a pic, it was amazing!

Duck with lettuce, spring onion, and cucumber with a tsp of hoi syn sauce (gonna count 2 syns for the hoi sin)
Egg fried rice - boiled rice, fried in fry light with 2 eggs, garden peas and a tsp sesame oil ( 1 syn as i had half)
Cajun Chicken Stir Fry - Cajun spiced chicken (3 syns for oil) peppers, onion, beansprouts, cabbage, carrots and soft noodles with soy sauce all fried in fry light.
SW Curry sauce - Onion, garlic, curry powder, chopped tomatoes, sweetner, FF natural yoghurt.

Then for dessert i had a skinny cow ice cream - 4.5 syns

So - syns for Saturday was 12.5! Very happy with that for a Saturday and for having a chinese feast while the boys all got pizza. The curry sauce was really good as well, definitely be making that again!

Food Diary for Sunday

Breakfast - Bacon Sandwich (fat cut off) on brown bread (HEb) with light mayo (1 syn) and an Orange.

Lunch - Roast Chicken Dinner. Chicken (no skin), roast potatoes, garden peas, cabbage, leeks, carrots and gravy (2 syns)

Tea - Depends on if i feel like eating anything after that, if i get hungry later i might make SW chips with that curry sauce again from last night!

Sunday didnt go to plan at all, because i ended up going shopping to Meadowhall with a friend! So i still had my bacon sandwich in the morning (1 syn) but didnt eat again until about 5ish where we went to a pub in Sheffield (my sister goes to uni there, so met up with her for tea!) and i had a jacket potato (no butter) with chilli and cheese (HEa) and a side salad, with a little bit of coleslaw! No idea on the syns but definitely wont have been over the 14 i could have used!

So its my 'weigh in' day today. I've been trying really hard this week,sticking to my syn allowance every day and having no alcohol this weekend, so hoping for a good loss!

It paid off! 3 pounds off! :bliss:

So happy! Thats just 1lb to go until i've lost 1 stone! Woohoo! :)

So, food diary for Monday

Breakfast - 1 x light alpen bar (HEb)

Snack - 3 x light dairylea triangles (Hea)

Lunch - Left over stir fry from Saturday

Snack - Orange, 1 x light alpen bar (HEb)

Tea - Roast Chicken (no skin) with jacket potato, 2 tsp lightest lurpak butter (2 syns), 2 x light dairylea triangles (HEa), broccolli, mayo (1 syn).

I've also got a bag of skips (4 syns) and a cheapo flump marshmallow (1.5 syns) if i cant resist!

So, at the most today should be 8.5 syns (if i have my skips and flump..which i probably will!)

Back