Rachel's Food Diary! I WILL be a slim bride!

Yesterday i ended up having about 9 syns. 5 for the white sauce on the lasagne, 2.5 for a meringue nest and i'll count 1.5 for the tiniest drizzle of strawberry sauce i had! Speed and Superspeed foods were - Lettuce, Carrots, Onions, Cucumber, Melon, Courgette, Aubergine, Peppers, Passata, Tomatoes, Spinach, Strawberries.

Food Plan for Tuesday

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Roasted new potatoes left over from last night, with lots of lettuce and 2 tbsp light mayo (4 syns)
Snack - Melon and Grapes
Tea - Going to a friends tonight, she's making the diet coke chicken with SW wedges and hopefully loads of salad/veg so we've got some superfree/speed foods in there! I'm taking some strawberries for dessert for some superspeed :)
I'll probably have to ketchup or mayo with tea so hopefully today shouldnt be any more than 6 or 7 syns. We'll see!

Thought i'd attach a couple of pictures from Saturday night, so you can all see one of the main contributors to the 2lb gain... ;)

Attachments

• 254.jpg
    254.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 282.jpg
    282.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Leah - if it's any good tonight I'll ask my friend for the recipe she used and post it on here for you :)

Thanks Lauren (and thanks for the dress haha) I can't really tell but I obviously see myself every day! Hoping I'll notice a slight change when I try some wedding dresses on Saturday compared to when I tried some on last year - eeek :)

Update for food today - got really hungry this morning and had 28g Weetabix Mini's to munch on as a snack as my HEb :) xx

Also - i've changed my targets around a bit to make them a bit more reachable, i think i was over-estimating my willpower with them before :)

Dunno if you kno but you can now have 30g for a heb now and also the cheese allowences have gone up :) xx

Also how did wi go? X

Ooh no I didn't know that, that's the downside of not going to group! What's the new cheese allowance? WI wasn't good, I put on 2lb but at least I know why I put it on (way too much naughty food, takeaway and LOTS of alcohol) but I'm drawing a line under it and back on plan 100% to hopefully lose at least 2lb by Monday!

I'll put it all on for you when I get back x

30g of cheddar
30g double gloucester
35g edam
30g emmental
50g feta
75g medium fat soft cheese
45g mozzarella
30g parmesan
30g red leicester
45g reduced fat cheddar
85g ricotta

The grab and go still the same
The Kerry low low is 60g for a hea
Xx

Thanks!

Well, today didnt go exactly as planned. Tea at my friends was diet coke chicken. This consisted of chicken, diet coke, peppers, onions, passata, mushrooms and I had it with some lettuce too and microwave rice (0.5 syns).

My friend is supposedly doing SW but she isn't exactly very, erm, good at it. She usually STS or gains an I've never understood why. Her weigh in day is tomorrow and she bought 2 garlic baguettes for tea and put a whole one EACH on our plate. I hate stuff like that, it makes me feel really awkward saying I'm not going to eat it cos I don't wanna make her feel bad about herself! Cos of my gain this week though I just took 2 peices from the baguette (still 10 bl**dy syns I ate out of guilt!) and put the rest to a side.

Dessert was strawberries, meringue (2.5 syns) and squirty cream (0.5 syns) so syns for tuesday are 17. Hmph. Syn free day tomorrow to compensate.

Food diary for Wednesday

Breakfast - Weetabix Mini's (HEb), banana, vanilla mullar light

Lunch - Pasta with passata, red onion, spinach, courgette and lean bacon.

Snack - Strawberries

Tea - Spag Bol. Trying to get more superfree and speed foods in so I'm using extra lean mince, aubergene, courgette, peppers, red onion, garlic and spaghetti. Serving with salad too and some cheese on top for my HEa. This might change though cos i'm having pasta for lunch so might not feel like spag bol, so i'm gonna have a look for some SW recipes with mince on here. If i cant find any though, this is what i'll be having :)

Edit: Tea is going to be chilli now! So pretty much the same ingredients just with kidney beans and baked beans too and served with a jacket potato or wedges instead of spaghetti! yum!

Last edited:
What about your b? Make sure you get that in you need your daily fibre x

Thanks Sarah :) Do you know why they changed it at all?

A whole garlic baguette each? That's prob why she isn't doing well on SW if she eats large amounts of synful food all the time. I would have done the same as you too Rachel and eaten a few pieces to make her feel better which is a shame really as we shouldn't feel pressured to eat something because someone else is. The rest of your food looked really good spesh with all the superfree and you didn't go over much on your syns yest (at least you didn't eat the whole baguette) so I'm sure you will see a good loss this week :)

xxx

Yea they changed it only a month ago. It's 30g for cereal yea. They changed it to be more specific so it was fairer I suppose. It's not a lot extra but its a few scrapings of cheese more x

Fingers crossed Leah! I know, i feel bad criticising but she's been going for about 6 months at the very least and hasnt lost anything. I did say to her yesterday 'oh i'm only going to have 2 slices cos they're 5 syns a slice, and we're having meringue and cream for dessert' but she just shrugged it off, but then she moans about not losing and asks why i lose most weeks and she doesn't. She goes to group though, so she must see she's kinda not got the hang of it? Who knows!

Here's the recipe she used for the diet coke chicken anyway, its really simple!

Diced Chicken Breast
Peppers
Red Onion
Mushrooms
Passata
Diet Coke
Five Spice

She just fried the chicken and veg in fry light with seasoning until it was pretty much cooked, then added half a carton of passata and a glass (one of those coke glasses, coincidently!) of diet coke and 1.5 tsp of five spice and left it on a low heat to simmer until there wasnt too much liquid left. It goes kinda sticky and quite sweet and tastes really chinesy (cos of the 5 spice i guess haha!) it was really nice, definitely try it! I'm thinking about doing it in my slow cooker one night next week, not sure how it will go though but i imagine it will be okay! xx

Tea was a gorgeous chilli, followed a gordon ramsay recipe for Chili Con Carne and just took out the tomato puree - that was the only synful thing in it anyway! I had 2 tsp of reduced fat sour cream and chive dip. Not sure on the syns but think its only 1 or 2 per tsp so a pretty low syn day :)

There is a few things changed nothin major just niggley things forgot about that. And also muller yogs were a syn at one point now there free again. Dunno if you know. I go to class so I can pass these things on to you. Like I didn't know you had to have at least 6 to 8 drinks a day. I just cannot get them down x

Back