Rachel's Food Diary! I WILL be a slim bride!

Which recipe are you using for tills masala? The only SW version I found looked a bit complicated!

I dont follow the recipe exactly, the first time i did it, it curdled as well. I then tried marinating the chicken in tikka curry powder and yoghurt and grilling it, and it still kind of curdled under the grill! So, this is what i do..

Coat diced chicken breast in 2 tbsp tikka powder, 1 chilli, 3 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper and leave to one side.
Use fry light to fry 1 diced onion until it just starts to soften and then add the chicken and fry until browned.
Add 2 more tbsp of tikka powder, fry for a minute or two and then add passata (i usually use 1 carton for 2 people), 1-2 tsp sweetner, and 200ml chicken stock.
Leave it to simmer for 15-20 mins, check for spice and sweetness etc and adjust if needed. I then take it off the heat so it cools slightly (but still hot enough to eat) and add about 4 or 5 tbsp of FF natural yoghurt or fromage frais, but i guess you can add as much as you like depending on how creamy you want it!
I take the fromage frais/yoghurt out of the fridge before i start cooking so its not really cold when i put it in the curry, otherwise it cools it right down, and if you need to heat it up again it might curdle. Its apparently adding the cold yoghurt/fromage to the hot curry that makes it curdle so if you take it off the heat for a few mins it wont curdly at all and its delish :) xxxx

Ooo, thanks lovely. Think I'll put that on my menu for next week :)

So yesterday ended up being -

Breakfast - None as had a lie in

Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese (HEa), diet coke at the pub

Tea - SW Chicken Tikka Masala, boiled rice, mini poppadom crisps, a fat free yoghurt dip that Laurenporkchop made (FF natural yoghurt, diced cucumber and red onion with mint sauce mixed though, sounds gross but its soooo good), and another dip with diced tomato, red onion and cucumber. I had a chapati as well and some mango chutney, and about 4 mikado daim sticks for 1 syn each, but all in all i'm still well within my syn allowance for the week and dont think i went over too much on syns for the day!

Food diary for Sunday ended up being -

Breakfast - 2 x alpen light bars (HEb)

Lunch - Pasta with bolognese and 2 light laughing cow triangles (2.5 syns)

Snack - Sugar free jelly (0.5 syns), 3 mikado daim (3 syns)

Tea - Sausage casserole (3 light choice sausages, mushrooms, beans, sweetcorn, green beans, peppers, red onion, passata) with jacket potato, 1 tsp lightest butter (1 syn)

I'm going to treat myself to a Highlights 'Fudge' hot chocolate made with milk for my HEa.

I'm going to try and do the same again with 5 syns max a day (even though i havent been 100% successful with that, but still been well within my weekly syns regardless!) because we're having a 'Bridesmaid Sleepover' on saturday night, just as a bit of a bonding sesh as all my Bridesmaids dont know each other really well! Really excited about it and i'm having a day off SW for it, so keeping the syns low Mon-Fri :) xx

Ooo, your tea yesterday sounds lush! Looking forward to trying that next week.

Also your bridesmaids sleepover sounds like so much fun!

Woohoo well done that's brilliant! Xxx

Woo, well done on club 10! Fab!

Thanks Girls :) I'm really happy!

Food Diary for Monday

Breakfast - Bacon Sandwich (got up for work early!) - fat cut off bacon, 2 x wholmeal nimble bread (HEb), 1/2 tbsp light mayo (1 syn)

Lunch - Left over sausage casserole (2 light sausages, beans, mushrooms, sweetcorn, passata, green beans, peppers, red onion) (2 syns)

Snack - Strawberries

Tea - Smoked bacon, leek and mushroom pasta bake with cheese on top (HEa)

Syns for Monday - 3 syns

Well done on your club 10 that's amazing :0)
nat x

Food Diary for Tuesday

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Left over pasta from last night

Snack - Strawberries

Tea - Peri peri chicken thighs, SW wedges, coleslaw (2 syns), corn on the cob, cheesey garlic bread (On wholemeal roll HEb and light cheese for HEa and 3 syns for lurpack lightest butter)

Oooo yeah tea sounds absolutely lurverly! Xxx

I've just got a new phone so thought i'd have a go updating minimins on here!

So, food diary for Wednesday was..

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - 4 x ryvita (HEb), light laughing cow (HEa) and cucumber
Tea - Chilli with SW wedges and jalf fat sour cream dip (2 syns)

Food diary for Thursday:

Breakfast - banana, alpen light (HEb)

Lunch - left over chilli and wedges, other alpen light bar

Tea - Jacket potato, beans, salad.

Had a horrible day at work today so hoping i dont go home upset and moody and crack open the easter eggs! Hope everyone's had a better day than me! X

*hugs* Hope you manage to resist too much chocolate and you're evening is better than your day!

Back