RachieB's Diary

Chinese is a tricky one, though meat without sauce sounds safe enough. What exactly did you have? They use a lot of flour in frying, and hidden sugars, so maybe that was what did it.

Hi rosebug. I had spare ribs with chilli (there was no sauce) and I had fried veg, chicken skewer satay. The worst thing is my mood swing and sugar cravings have returned which, co firms low carbing is the way forward I've just got to get a loss registered on the scales.

Xx

Ahh, the spare ribs, even the dry ones, at most chinese places are glazed/marinated in brown sugar. I bet that will be it. The veg and chicken might even have had something added to boost the flavour. Still, it's definitely not the worst thing you could have picked, and if you're only -just- over the ketosis limit I'm sure you'll get back into it really really quickly.

Thanks RB I think u r right. I am just panicking because I can't understand it all at the moment and reading peoples diaries of what they eat, I am definitely eating too much!!! I have decided to make plan of eating every night for the following day and then see how I get on at my wi on Saturday. Hope I am boring people with my desperation to lose weight. I am avoiding my family in order to prevent the criticism and looks they give me when I have gained weight in the past xx

Thanks again RB ur a star ;) xx

To assist me in keeping to the WOE and lose weight I would like to declare what I shall be eating tomorrow

B - 2 scrambled eggs 1 carb free sausage (asda 97%pork sossie)
L - salmon and prawn salad 2 cups with salt pepper and Mayo
D - cheeseburger pie and cup of veg with Mayo
S - cheese strings x 2; Atkins bar
W - tons
E - walk to shops before lunch 1.5 miles

Good morning Jim, how are you this morning? Did u have a fab wkd?

Well Day 8 in induction and I woke up feeling hungry. My plan of 2 scrambled eggs and 1 carb free sausage didn't exactly go to plan. I had an extra sossie and then an hour later ate 2 day break bars. Oh well...I am okay now and will follow plan as much as possible. I put the hunger down to the hidden carbs in the chinese... will source an alternative next time lol!!

Really need a job and a mental distraction to thinking about my weight all day xx

It was nice and quiet thanks love, crap weather though :(

Ohh yes, but hey at least we have green and pleasant lands (when its dry lol!!) xx

Ah, you're just up the road from me, so you had the same weather Rachie :D

Hello Rachie!
Good to hear you feeling a little more positive ;)
I few stumbles at the beginning will just help you to learn exactly how this WOE works and what does and doesn't help you. Stick with it girl! x

Thanks J, I was just chatting to my partner and my blood sugar has dropped from 5.2 to 4.7 even after eating which I am really chuffed about. I find that eating carbs (i had too many on Saturday even though I tried to chose carefully at the chinese meal) caused me to be very tired irritable and emotionally low. Yesterday and today back on close monitored carbs and I feel so much better and my sugar craving as a result of eating carbs is disappearing. Woo-hoo!!!

How are you today J? xx

Good thanks! I find exactly the same if I go off track. It really affects my mood. I'm much more chilled out on Atkins!! And virtually no PMT which is good for everone!

Yes I will second that!! I noticed that about day 5 I was chilled, could cope with most stresses and not feeling that I had had my nerves severed. As today has progressed I am slowly returning back to that state thankfully. I will ask my OH if he has noticed a change (I bet he has but too scared to say lol!!!) xx

Yes - remember to tell him up front which answer you want lol :)

oh yes must tell him up front so that he doesn't feel like a bunny in headlights when the answer he gives is not the one I was hoping for hahahaha xx

LOL, poor bloke. Morning Rachie

Morning J and Jim. How r we all this morning?

Right well fab news. After the disaster of choosing hidden carbs at the wkd, I am back in ketosis whoop whoop. Really chuffed and I think planning what to eat each day helps, so here goes. Day 9 in the Big Rachie House;

B - chocolate mim with cream
L - salmon prawns and boiled egg with 1 cup of veg
D - chicken breast stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon with cauli mash and sprouts 1 cup of each
S - cheese strings x 2; atkins bar; 2 squares of green and blacks choc.

I have allocated 3 meals and 3 snacks so as to listen to my hunger signals.

Does this sound too much food? Xx

Back