RachieB's Diary

Morning Rachie:)
Hint of sunshine today so that always puts me in a sunny mood:D have a good one

Afternoon all. How are we today? Just woke up from my power epic sleep!! I knew after being hyper this morning that I would crash and burn.

Am really chuffed that slept and not ate. Doing this WOE-ing is helping me to take care of myself, something that I've never done xx

That's good news Rachie, you have to take care of yourself first then everything else has a chance to slip into place
I could do with a power nap now lol shame I have to work till midnight

ewwwww Kal, hope your shift went ok? I managed to polish of a whole bag of thorntons diabetic toffees last night and then about an hour could have powered a wind turbine for a month!! Anyway, note to self that I need not eat the whole bag but they were vey yummy.

Today has started very slowly as I am coming down from the interview and lack of news from previous interviews. I am trying not to panic about money as my OH is a student and therefore we are living of think air at the mo. Some money is coming in to pay bills etc so we aren't desperate yet.

I just don't understand why I can't get a job. I have qualifications that are required for the positions I am going for, I can get an interview and then nothing. I then think well I am qualified and capable of doing the job but then it must be my personality as on paper all is ok. This is a very difficult pill to swallow (at least it is carb free lol!!!!) I do have a business that I can start but I don;t have the self confidence to develop it as there are more capable and qualified consultants out there.....

Anyway I am totally rambling this morning and delaying the cleaning out of the shed - yuck!! Bet press on as the skip is due to arrive and OH will sit and play on iphone all day if I don;t move (he is procrastinating too.....maybe not such a pro-active combination lol!!!)

xx

Gosh with the reaction I have to polyols if I'd managed a full bag of diabetic sweets I think all my insides would have fallen out of my bottom.

Re: jobs- I'm sure it's nothing to do with your personality, it's just that there are a glut of equally qualified people stuck in the same position as you so the competition is x-factor fierce. Definitely know what you mean with regard to it being tough to survive as a student. But you'll get where you need to be, asap I hope.

Oh Rachie I do so understand, I spent 4 months out of work late last year - but something will come up, hun, it will, just keep focused and keep plugging away! Feel free to PM me anytime xx

Thanks RB. I have now no food with polyols apart from Atkins bars which I can stomach on one per day. I am going to try and go clean and green as possible.

Did u notice that polyols cause boosting afterwards? Xx

Not sure what boosting is?

Polyols are fine for some people it seems like though IMO they must be wired like the terminator. Those diabetic sweets gave me stomach cramps and had me running to the loo. Atkins bars don't have nearly the same effect on me personally but do on others. V. Odd.

Hahaha RB I meant bloating sorry sweetie xx

I just lots of wind and strange noises but I am concerned that they will affect my weight loss. Xx

They affected mine, I think (always hard to be sure exactly what it is) but I don't think they affect everyone.

Morning Rachie, hope you are having a good saturday :)
And staying off the bars/sweeties too!
Xx

Hi Rachie. Hope you have a good weekend:)

Oh Rachie I do so understand, I spent 4 months out of work late last year - but something will come up, hun, it will, just keep focused and keep plugging away! Feel free to PM me anytime xx

Sorry Lady F I didn't see your post. Yes I will PM you if I can work out how to do do it lol!! Hope you are okay?

RB and sorcha, thanks for the moral support. I sometimes feel like I am flogging a dead cat (I am a cat lover btw)

I think I am approaching my TOTM which, is the first on Atkins. I am a little nervous about the effects as my TOTM can vary depending on whether I have lost or gained weight. (very light to very heavy respectively!!) Therefore, I can't stop eating the bars today. I set out not to bother but I think it was because I didn't have a clean brekkie and so note to self to each bars as a means of last resort esp the cappuccino nut yikes!!!

Kat1e...not doing so well in the bar stakes...not going to buy them again so that I am not tempted esp pre-TOTM week Hope you having a fab weekend? xx

I think I am approaching my TOTM which said:
Totm for me too:( Thats why I made a choc Mim and must say it has helped:)

When i was on LL, I found my periods did get better ( always have suffered from heavy/painful periods) and when I started eating rubbish again they got worse, so Im hoping that cutting the carbs will help. I've also bought a bottle of coke zero so i can have a glass or 2 as I do crave sweet things and figured it was ok to have that now a nd again:)

Hope you have a good week and forgot to say well done on your 2lb weight loss!! Thats great! I always lift a bag of something that weighs 2lb/or a kilo( usually a bag of sugar) just so I can 'feel' what 2lbs of fat weighs! Its very encouraging:)

Morning sorcha,

I had a funny day yesterday. A mixture of frustration, sadness, despondency and boredom. The weather was bad here and so the plans for disposing of the shed have been put back until this evening. My OH decided to do some college work, but I couldn't bring myself to work on my interview presentation. I felt like a whinging teenager. I ate too much G&B chocolate which probably chucked me out AGAIN.......:eek:

No job, no money and no end in sight for my weight loss. i am so trying to be positive but I don't want to be; I am not positive about my job interview on wednesday either:sigh:

I have decided to look at my calories that I am consuming. I am an emotional eater and therefore have a sort of 'free will' is not good for me when I am at home and trying to find the illusive positivity which, I think i hoovered up the other day lol!!!

Anyway I hope you are having a fab Monday....:)

Thanks for listening xxx

There's roughly 2 carbs in 2 squares of a g&b 85 percent dark bar. You might not have knocked yourself out - do you have ketostix? I give mine to someone else to give me in daily (or less often) rations as I know I'd end up eating the lot, left to my own devices.

I know the no job, not feeling like you'll get one / be slim etc thing, I have it all 'the time. I've heard the thing to do is 'fake it till you make it' so pretend you're confident and real confidence might follow. Good luck with the job hunt xx

Thanks RB, Inside I feel so yuck, but when interview or CV stuff has to be done I am a true follower of fake it til I've made it lol!!!! Checked my sticks and it is very pale but I am well hydrated. I did eat a lot of the stuff yesterday and no carby stuff stuff so I am hoping the damage is minimal.

I have set up a rota of meals and snacks so that I know that I won't go without food for too long xx

Back