150g/5oz button mushrooms, sliced

3 tsp tomato purée (1 syn)

2 bay leaves

2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes

1 tsp dried thyme

1 tsp dried parsley

1 tsp dried oregano

300g/10½oz 'no pre-cook' lasagne sheets

300g/10½oz low fat cottage cheese (i used sainsburys bgty and lifelineonline says its 0 syns)

150g/5oz reduced fat mature cheddar, grated

salt and freshly ground black pepper

To serve

green salad

Preparation method

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.

Cook mince in a large pan until brown all over, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Remove any juice / fat left in pan and discard.

Add the onions, peppers and mushrooms and fry over a medium heat until softened.

Return the mince to the pan. Add the tomato purée and bay leaves and cook for five minutes.

Add the tomatoes and dried herbs and heat to bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for at least 30 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Remove the bay leaves from the mince mixture and spoon about one third of the mixture into an ovenproof dish.

Place blobs of cottage cheese (again totalling one-third of the cottage cheese) on top of the mince, then cover with lasagne sheets.

Repeat this layering process of lasagne sheets, mince and cottage cheese for more layers, finishing with a good sprinkling of cheddar all over the top.

Transfer to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is golden-brown and bubbling and the pasta cooked through.

To serve, cut out squares of the lasagne and place onto plates. Serve with a green salad

Total syns on EE: 1/2 per serving (to be safe) or 7 per serving if not using the cheddar as a healthy extra.

Serves 4 very hungry people :D and it was deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelish!

Last edited:
i like it ! btw if the first dress you like is from the same supplier on ebay it does say returns accepted-maybe worth a try !

in the description it says does not accept returns or exchanges :(

and i changed my mind on the lipsy one i dont like it now :p

i just had an email from littlewoods.. there are none of my dress left in stock so they've cancelled my order and refunded me :(

cant find a single other dress that i like with my size still available :(

If this happens to me rach i believe it wasnt meant to be....& usually end up finding something better than the original idea.
Dont give up hope,im sure you will find something gorgeous! xx

i need it for next sunday though :(

Frock shopping can be blooming stresssful, I was lucky to get something from the 1st shop I went into. I think I was so grateful to find something that fitted and didnt show any of my ample bulges I just went for it. Hope you find something soon Rach x

i feel sick with it.. i swear shopping is an illness because i cant stop thinking about the dress.. i mean, screw all the planning for tomorrow.. i need a dress! :p

new look have sale on their dresses atm hun! 20% off party wear and have amazing choices! just been on and ordered something offline and its actually free P&P atm also :) go and have a little look maybe? :)

sorry to hear the whole things been brought up again! erggghhh!!! wish i could be there next week to hear the live version of the rant... tape record maybe??? haha :D

dont worry about the gain 1.5lbs is nothing!! hope your having a great weekend xxxx

what did you order? ive not seen much i like tbh..

how did everyone see the rant?! :p i edited it pretty quick lol.

what did you order? ive not seen much i like tbh..

i got some skinny jeggings! :D but in there was some nice maxi style dresses on sale and also a red dress like the one im wearing with 20% off and it was only £20 anyway :) depends on what you like though, try matalan also they have nice ones and also very.co.uk or asos :)

OMG wish I hadnt seen mention of the New Look sale-just been on the website and mentally bankrupted myself !!

oops sorry!!! :D ive done the same though... but not mentally hehe one pair of skinny jeggings, two jumpers, two cardys, two vests and one lace xmas dress later ahem good job i got paid on thursday! :p

Hiya rach..
I didnt see the rant and dont know what yer all on bout actually!!LOL...maybe best eh :confused:

Hope you find a nice dress soon chuck...x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back