Rach's Weight Loss Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Thanks Rach.

I'm amusing myself looking at wigs on ebay and wondering whether to keep my hair short and have some wigs instead - not sure I'd have the bottle to go out in one though!

you totally should! The Metro centre has an amazing wig shop.. i would love to change hair colour for the day! I've also spotted coloured contacts at £30 for the pair plus all the solution etc and they last upto one year - so thinking when I hit 1stone I might go chocolate brown (instead of mousey brown) with some fabulous green eyes instead of my storm grey/blue ones :D

if you get the proper ones they look incredibly real and they dont slip about - my friend shaved all her hair off to raise money for Cancer Research and she went strawberry blonde with long ringlet curls and she looked fantastic - you never would have guessed it was fake!

Ooo, I'm very tempted - I'm looking on ebay just for fun and I've put bids on a couple of cheapos just to see if I would dare.

There are loads of nice ones. Ooo I could be someone different every day!

you totally should! The Metro centre has an amazing wig shop.. i would love to change hair colour for the day! I've also spotted coloured contacts at £30 for the pair plus all the solution etc and they last upto one year - so thinking when I hit 1stone I might go chocolate brown (instead of mousey brown) with some fabulous green eyes instead of my storm grey/blue ones :D

if you get the proper ones they look incredibly real and they dont slip about - my friend shaved all her hair off to raise money for Cancer Research and she went strawberry blonde with long ringlet curls and she looked fantastic - you never would have guessed it was fake!

I sooo want to try coloured contacts!You'll have to let me know if they are any good xxx

I sooo want to try coloured contacts!You'll have to let me know if they are any good xxx

My sis has some, and she says they make her eyes water (but shes only tried them once) so i asked my friend Kels who wears normal ones and she said her eyes were the same when she first changed from glasses. Next time i go home I definitely think I'm going to get some.. they look so good - my sis has the really blue ones.. not so they look ridiculous but just so they offset her pale skin and dark hair - she looks really good :)

oh and just randomly changing the subject.. went to see Ghost Town last night - sat with my diet coke and my smuggled packet of Walkers Baked and almost choked on them I was laughing so much! Absolutely love Ricky Gervais.. cant wait for his Science tour - I'm so going :D

Last edited:

I really want some for Christmas! Where are the ones you mentioned from? I really like my eye colour (brown) but I'd love to see what I look like with green eyes.

Is your hair like it is on your avatar? Because it looks lush just how it is. I had 3 inches taken off mine (was around your length) so it just reaches my shoulders now, and now I think its too short haha - never satisfied!

Pretty much! That picture was taken about 10 months ago but it's similar length still now. It was blow dried there, I'm usually too lazy and it's not as "smooth" looking :D I haven't had it cut for ages though because it's so expensive and I'm being stingy! :) It really needs a trim, it's getting a bit wild. I was thinking of getting my hair cut chin length when I'm slimmer in the face but I think I'd probably cry. It would take a year to grow it back that long :rolleyes:

In your avatar is your hair plaited at the front? I love that look but can't do it.

I really want some for Christmas! Where are the ones you mentioned from? I really like my eye colour (brown) but I'd love to see what I look like with green eyes.

theyre from a little gothic shop called Arcadia in Darlington - he does the usual clothes, jewellery, piercing etc and does the coloured contacts as well - he does all the strange coloured/ shapes ones as well as the just normal colours.

Pretty much! That picture was taken about 10 months ago but it's similar length still now. It was blow dried there, I'm usually too lazy and it's not as "smooth" looking :D I haven't had it cut for ages though because it's so expensive and I'm being stingy! :) It really needs a trim, it's getting a bit wild. I was thinking of getting my hair cut chin length when I'm slimmer in the face but I think I'd probably cry. It would take a year to grow it back that long :rolleyes:

In your avatar is your hair plaited at the front? I love that look but can't do it.

i cant do it myself either :( I basically had to tilt my head upside down and get my sister to do it for me. It looked pretty good on the day of my friends birthday.. i think I totally looked the part haha :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50787&l=a9ac7&id=659764257

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50788&l=30459&id=659764257

like you i love dressing up so it was absolutely fab! :) i will keep an eye out for colour contacts other places for you as well.. hopefully ill find a chain of shops that do then rather than just the one..

also on the hair front.. befriend a hairdresser! most of them do cheap haircuts for their mates - i know two from work and they both do my hair (depends on who's free when) for £10, when i would have to pay £32 in Regis in Metro Centre :)

I love the photos! You have the cutest nose! I notice noses because I don't like mine, lol. The clothes are awesome, where was it you did that?

Yeah, Darlington is a bit of a trek :p I really need to visit my friend in Sunderland so if I don't get any I can always make I detour if I can't find any others. I know specsavers do some though, they are just more expensive. I love little gothic/hippy shops.

My cousin is a hairdresser but she hasn't worked as one for a few years and she's ok, but not as good as professional shops. I might get her to dye it for me though, she prefers colouring over cutting and it would be much cheaper.

I love the photos! You have the cutest nose! I notice noses because I don't like mine, lol. The clothes are awesome, where was it you did that?

Yeah, Darlington is a bit of a trek :p I really need to visit my friend in Sunderland so if I don't get any I can always make I detour if I can't find any others. I know specsavers do some though, they are just more expensive. I love little gothic/hippy shops.

My cousin is a hairdresser but she hasn't worked as one for a few years and she's ok, but not as good as professional shops. I might get her to dye it for me though, she prefers colouring over cutting and it would be much cheaper.

thanks very much.. I think! :) it was at Lumley Castle which is absolutely beautiful - I explored as much as I could before I got reprimanded for trespassing in bits i wasnt allowed in.. oops :rolleyes:

Those photos are fab. I LOVE the outfits!

thanks! I felt so special all day - I had the proper hoop skirt underneath to make the skirt flow outwards.. it wasnt too bad apart from we were ferried from Cramlington to Lumley Castle in the worlds smallest mini bus, and it took 30 minutes just to get everyone on the bus as we couldnt fit on in the skirts! Also, going to the toilet in the stalls was pretty difficult as well haha! :D

Carrie (the one in the red) who went as Anne Berlin made her dress herself. She sewed/glued every bead on by hand and it took her over a month to make! It was absolutely stunning. Mine was just a rental and I did shed a tear when I had to take it back haha! :p

Well anyway, I'm really not tired so might as well update. I'm just sat here sipping on my new found love - Cadburys Highlights Dark Chocolate. Its the first hot drink I have ever liked.. Its not amazing or anything, so I think it must be because its the first year I've been so cold, and putting my hands around the hot cup is extremely satisfying!! :p

was talking about weightloss at work (gave my "Aunty" Carol a hug as she specifically forbade anyone on deli to tell me there was chocolate on the go, as I had mentioned I was having a day where I felt I would eat anything if it was put in front of me) and it was mentioned that people say 1stone is a dress size, but the truth is 10lbs is.. so anyway, it was on my mind when I got home and so i tried on my Dotty P's size 20 jeans that I bought and forgot about.. until they were too small.. and they fit! :D So I am no longer a 22 on the bottom but a 20! Really chuffed! I dont have an 18 top to try on.. so I am going to go shopping tomorrow in Asda and try one on just to see lol. If i like it and buy it thats just an added bonus! :)

Food for today (yesterday):

B - 2 scrambled eggs (made semi WW/semi Gordon Ramsay.. saw him put chives and creme fraiche in on Jonathan Ross the other week.. so as I'm not on Core I substituted water for creme fraiche and it was still pretty good! :)) on a slice of toast (4)
L - one carton of Covent Garden Chilli Bean Soup (5) - would be lovely for a quick chilli just made with some rice as its really thick!
T - Innocent Tuscan Bean Stew Veg Pot (6 i think.. must re-find the list.. could be overpointing by a whole half LOL! :p) - was actually really nice, and the size of the pot really misleads you into thinking it won't be enough, but they are incredibly filling and 3 portions of your fruit and veg in one pot! :D

and my cadburys drink (1/2)

also, went to a new pub for the pub quiz tonight, and was mortified when they brought out a free plate of food for each table - chips, sausage and a massive mountain of cheese! However, I managed to avoid it as I went to the pub with 3 lads, and so bet them they couldnt eat it all in under a minute. Worth 30p to get rid of it :p (we're students.. and cheap to bribe haha!) getting good at this damage control lark i think :)

this morning I tried on my xmas party dress that I managed to pick up the other week (oh, it was so expensive.. a whole £9! :D haha). There were two in the shop - a 24 which was miles too big, and a 22 which was too small - so I went for the 22 and my plan was to fit into it for November 9th which is a workmate's 60th birthday - tried it on this morning after the excitement of fitting into my jeans and I'm GUTTED. :( / :D / :( It's far too big! I have no chest so it fell straight down to my waist.. so I'm incredibly pleased but now I have to go find another dress.. which would be great but I bet I wont find one as nice looking or as cheap! :p

anyway.. went to Asda this morning and there wasnt a single car parking space - the car park was absolute chaos and i was really worried I was going to get bumped so in the end I ended up going to work (when i'll be there later) because I was desperate for cat food (not for me lol :p)

Options sachets were on 5 for £1 so I picked up this new white chocolate and raspberry limited edition and going to make it up now, so if it's nice I'll pick some more up before they disappear or go expensive. Also, i slipped and bought some muller corners. They were giving them out free in Metro Centre a few weeks ago and they now have Black Cherry and Dark Chocolate muller corners and they are to die for! *drools* Going to point one up now and have it as my lunch-pudding haha :)

Rach just seen ur pics..ur soo pretty hun! Love the picz looks like u had a great timex

aww thank you :D *feels dead chuffed*

Love the photos! Well done on dropping that dress size even if it is a shame about missing out on your xmas outfit ... but hey you've got a good excuse for some well deserved retail therapy shopping for another one!

Hi Rach. Wow, great to be too little for your clothes even though you won't be able to wear your lovely dress now. Can you alter it or have it altered?

How many points are the dark choc and cherry Mullers? They sound lovely.

Love the photos! Well done on dropping that dress size even if it is a shame about missing out on your xmas outfit ... but hey you've got a good excuse for some well deserved retail therapy shopping for another one!

thank you for making me feel a whole lot less guilty about the retail therapy.. does that mean as well as a dress I get to buy the co-ordinating bag, shoes and underwear? :D PLEASE SAY YES!!!

What a wonderful problem to have! :D I hope you find a dress that fits ;)

thanks v. much Anna! I hope so too :)

Hi Rach. Wow, great to be too little for your clothes even though you won't be able to wear your lovely dress now. Can you alter it or have it altered?

How many points are the dark choc and cherry Mullers? They sound lovely.

I looked into it today and would cost £25 - i can get a whole new dress for that from New Look! The muller corners are 4points, which is much better than the 5.5 it is for my next favourites - the extra sickly jaffa cake ones! I have 3 DC+C muller corners left.. (they are on 4 for £1 in sainsburys - how good is that?! :D)

plan for tomorrow is to either have one for lunch-pudding or one for breakfast.. will see if I am in the mood in the morning :)

oh and I tried the WW Korma sauce you said was lovely and it really is! I was pretty skeptical that any curry sauce at only 2pts a portion could taste nice but it is YUUUUUUUUUUMMY :D

going to tuck into my white chocolate and raspberry hot chocolate now.. :D

thank you for making me feel a whole lot less guilty about the retail therapy.. does that mean as well as a dress I get to buy the co-ordinating bag, shoes and underwear? :D PLEASE SAY YES!!!

:thinking2: Aww go on then lol

yaaaaaaaaaaaay :D thanks Mummy Jax ;) haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back