Raffle prizes!

littlemissslim

Silver Member
I'm just going to get the raffle prize from Aldi in a minute for my group tomorrow night.
I'm doing a mystery raffle. Then will let the members play Ready Steady Cook with the things in the bag!
Would love to hear your ideas what I could put in there, and also what would you like to see in the raffle every week?

I suppose it depend really on how much money you have to play with. Our c normally gets prizes between £7 - £10. :)

Don't worry about the money! Just your ideas! I've got lots, just want to hear what members want!

I think it'd help if you could do lower cost version of popular things, that way members can try then free if they win and it helps them cut cost of there sw shops.

Plus educates everyone on what the lesser brand options are.

Like buy a box of Alpen lights and a box of the Aldi version.

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

Also I'm assuming your a consultant I don't go to class but I wondered if this idea is something you are allowed to do.

When I started slimming world I cleared out all the stuff that I wouldn't now eat or use my syns on out my cupboard I filled a huge black bag and I binned it of food.

I've just watched an American programme and they box all there's up and give it to the local food bank. We have food banks in uk.

I feel awful that I binned all mine, perhaps it's something you can do with your members? And also go through some of the common items to the rest of the class as to why there high in syns like wraps I always thought they were healthier to bread and there not really. But I have no idea why.

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

I've got rice, leeks asparagus, tin of beans, lemon, garlic, stockpots cauliflour fat free fromage frais and large flat mushrooms and recipe inspirations herb kit for one bag.

2nd bag dried noodles, soya sauce, can of kidney beans, eggs, beetroot, peppers, spring onions tomatoes, green beans , lemon and garlic, baby sweet corn and a different inspirations herb kit .

I think that will go down well!

Have done foods on a budget, store cupboard staples, picked a recipe out of the magazine, 'B' choices all recently xx

I say - keep doing what you're doing - it's awesome! I would just love someone to hand me the ingredients to a SW recipe! I am always mega jealous when someone wins fry lite, once there was a salad spinner that looked great. Last night they raffled off old Slimming world recipe books, I thought that was brilliant even if it was old.

I hate when the prize is cups or tumblers... my cupboards are mismatching enough thankyouverymuch.

When the Asian cook book came out our raffle prize was the book,wok, and chopsticks, and yes I was a happy bunny as I won it! :)

I had a wok with ingredients for a stir fry!

These are all great ideas, don't stop.
Have also had coffees, tea and a SW mug with options hot choc satchets in.
A recipe folder,
weighing and measuring with set of scales, a tub with screw top lid for milk, and measuring spoons, SW chips,
body magic prizes, dvd with pedometer and books for exercises
grow your own herbs,
ingredients for homemade soup.

I like to make it interesting and a bit different every week so it doesn't get boring, but also to get members talking about how they would use those things at home in different ways. xx

littlemissslim I wish you did my group!! Think the utensils are a great idea, they really are invaluable i.e. scales, measuring spoons, a container for milk, I also like the idea of a wok or good pan. Frylight should also feature regular also as that is a real staple, and if you can make a few like recipe booklets with different recipes in to stick in every week give members a bit inspiration - don't forget about any old members though i.e. Red and Green menus - us old SW'ers always get forgetten about since EE was introduced!

When my C was on holiday our stand in had all different packaging on the table where people stand around waiting to be weighed - that was great because it is the one thing you look at when you are standing waiting! All the packets/tubs/cartons had the syn value or FREE wrote on them, I thought it was a brilliant idea as it was things that I would never of thought to buy but then never I realised they were free! I started to bring my own packets in for her as well. Just gives people some new ideas. Now we are back to a boring table of recipe books....

Ah, now the 'interest table' is another thread! I do that with empty packets of food as well. Also have old Sw magazines, and members can write out recipes from them if they want to.
And different visuals every week.
I do include the original and green plans, there is a vegetarian in my group, so I make sure she doesn't feel left out or forgotten.
I have fry light and quark on my new members table!

Ah, now the 'interest table' is another thread! I do that with empty packets of food as well. Also have old Sw magazines, and members can write out recipes from them if they want to.
And different visuals every week.
I do include the original and green plans, there is a vegetarian in my group, so I make sure she doesn't feel left out or forgotten.
I have fry light and quark on my new members table!

Can you not do my group pretty pleaseeeee :flowers: ;) it's great that you do so much for your members! I have stopped going to group as it was so boring! I Will have to check the table thread out I haven't seen that one!

Idea for raffle prize print a sw recipe from website and gwt the ingredents to make it xxz

I've got some chopping boards with pictures of fruit and veg on, which I'm planning for one week with fruit and veg! Maybe a peeler to go with them.
I've done herbs and spices.
Any thing different? I've got a baking dish to fill with ingredients for another week - ideas for that?

Our consultant did a choc themed basket one week with options and a mug, curly wurlys and other choccy bits in it. Also a soup one with a soup recipe book, fresh chilled (from asda) potato and leek soup mix, and a clip top cup (also from asda) to keep your soup hot.
What about a basket of ingredients to add into meals that people already make to change the flavours, i.e. Some worcester sauce, some different herbs and spices, chinese 5 spice, a bbq grinder, you can pick up loads of these sort of things from B&M for a pound or less.
Also thought the post about foodbanks would be worth doing, so many families out there at the moment that could do with some help x

Back