Raffle prizes!

Years ago, when we used to get a weekly password (for access on-line), that was used as the inspiration for the raffle. eg. one week the word was 'Orange', so the basket contained orange sugar free cordial, oranges, orange sugar free jelly and an orange chocolate options. You could try going through the rainbow!!! Don't forget if you have an awkward colour, you could include measuring jugs/tea towels/mugs, etc that match the colour.

You could have one raffle of a spice rack, some empty spice jars, blank labels and a couple of packets of spices. (If you do a couple of groups, you could bulk buy some spices and split them between your groups.) This would work best if you printed out a recipe from the Curry Heaven book to go with it (as it would work as a tie-in and might encourage more book sales!)

The egg you drop into the pan with the eggs so you know when it changes colour your egg is cooked with half a dozen eggs.

A pineapple corer with pineapple.

A six pack of diet coke/fanta zero etc.

A skipping rope (or something else linked to body magic) and deodorant.

Voucher for a free gym/swim.

An ex consultant often used to pick a recipe out of the latest magazine and then bring the ingredients to make it,in a cool bag!) for the raffle prize.

Thanks for all your ideas, I've done a lot of these already, so I know I must be on the right track!
What would you like to see, things that haven't been done before?

Personally, I'd LOVE a Body Magic themed raffle e.g., a exerise DVD, a pedometer, a water bottle, small gym towel etc. sadly, my C doesn't really push Body Magic so I doubt it will ever happen in my group but it would be fab if it did!

Mystery raffle went down really well. They loved ready steady cook!
One girl who won literally jumped up and down when she won prize.

I'm just going to get the raffle prize from Aldi in a minute for my group tomorrow night.
I'm doing a mystery raffle. Then will let the members play Ready Steady Cook with the things in the bag!
Would love to hear your ideas what I could put in there, and also what would you like to see in the raffle every week?

I love the raffle :)
I'd like to see things that will help me on my SW journey (obviously).
Things like new syn free/low syn foods, healthy extras, snacks, herbs/spices and a cheap rack (these are a bargain from lidl and aldi), ingredients to cook a new meal, SW cookbooks, a free week at class or a few quid to spend on the class sw shop, if there is a SW feature on the site or in the latest mag it's nice to have something that relates to that.
In our class we have also had things like measuring spoons, measuring jugs, water/sports bottles to encourage us to drink more water etc and sometimes we've had Tupperware tubs ideal for our lunches and to freeze leftovers.
Sometimes the C will put in little pamper packs too which have cream, body wash, sponge in which is a nice change too.

I'd love to hear more ideas too xxxx

I'm just thinking it will be good to start preparing members for the summer and days out, half term and where they could be by the end of the summer if they keep going to group./what will happen if they give up? Lunches are always a bit tricky, but new book coming out and will tie in with that. X

As the weather is getting better, how about recipes for BBQ food, Burgers, Kebabs, KFC style Chicken drumsticks etc....

If you go to places like Aldi and Lidl they currently sell some great plastic BBQ stuff too.
Yesterday I saw trays, bowls, plates and cutlery and it was really cheap.
Along with maybe a disposable BBQ.
You could pick up some nice meat seasonings too for all the meats xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love the raffle :)
I'd like to see things that will help me on my SW journey (obviously).
Things like new syn free/low syn foods, healthy extras, snacks, herbs/spices and a cheap rack (these are a bargain from lidl and aldi), ingredients to cook a new meal, SW cookbooks, a free week at class or a few quid to spend on the class sw shop, if there is a SW feature on the site or in the latest mag it's nice to have something that relates to that.
In our class we have also had things like measuring spoons, measuring jugs, water/sports bottles to encourage us to drink more water etc and sometimes we've had Tupperware tubs ideal for our lunches and to freeze leftovers.
Sometimes the C will put in little pamper packs too which have cream, body wash, sponge in which is a nice change too.

I'd love to hear more ideas too xxxx

we were told raffle prizes had to be food optimising or body magic related so there shouldn't be any beauty products in a raffle prize. Not sure the fellas would appreciate them! The raffle should/could be used for food talk.

I change the raffle every week and its either a recipe ingredients, cook book, speed foods, staples, healthy extras, fruit and veg to name a few.

we were told raffle prizes had to be food optimising or body magic related so there shouldn't be any beauty products in a raffle prize. Not sure the fellas would appreciate them! The raffle should/could be used for food talk.

I change the raffle every week and its either a recipe ingredients, cook book, speed foods, staples, healthy extras, fruit and veg to name a few.

It was only at Xmas when she did that as we had extra prizes compared to usual :)

Had a slight change of plan this week!
Was in town this morning, and saw loads of lovely fruit and veg at the market.
So I've gone with a summer fruit theme and salad, with some large mushrooms and vine tomatoes and new potatoes,
and putting them with the chopping boards with pics of fruit and veg on.

Decided to have the lunches bbq's and picnics all in one next week.
Have found some bbq gloves, a toasting thingy and disposable bbq, which I will put with some peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms next week and the bbq frylight.
And will go on the hunt for some lunch/picnic things next week.
Maybe a recipe from the new book coming out.
I think that will all tie in nicely together.

I would love to put some pics up, Little hip, but I'm no good at technostuffy! xx

Apparently in sainsburys picnic section they have sandwich boxes with an ice pack made into the lid sounds like a good idea

Apparently in sainsburys picnic section they have sandwich boxes with an ice pack made into the lid sounds like a good idea

They are fab, they have them in Asda too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back