RAMADHAN CHALLENGE

same here missyl got 5 left from last year planning to start tommorow will let you know how i get on....

hi all - just to let u know I weighed in today and have lost 5.5 lbs :D am really happy. Not as much as last time but I am happy nevertheless. How is everyone?

actually I just realised my CDC weighed me two weeks ago and I had gone up to 235.5 and now I am down to 228 so i have actually lost 7.5 lbs woohooo :) I can't miss out those 2.5 lbs. gold dust!

I lost another 1lb this week. i know its crap but i am near the end so think it slowing down, plus i havent been great this last fortnight.

Tahira - can you update the stats for me please? ta

wishing you well today!

Hi All,

Apologies for not posting recently, I but I fell off plan and in a big way - huge in fact, name a take away and I've prob eaten it in the last week - have felt pretty rubbish about it all and didnt want to bring my crappyness to you guys who are all doing so well. Have got up the nerve to go back to my cdc, who was brilliant bless her, told me thats past and today is today - am still struggling to get back on it but I AM GOING TO DO IT. Have missed catching up with you all, so am back with a vengence and a new determination. If you'll still have me?

K

xxx - P.S well done on all your losses - am feeling very proud of you all

Hello honey, dont worry you're not the only one!!! I havent posted for a while because I did the same thing and felt really embarassed :wave_cry:
Anyway, I'm back on it like you, and we've still got another 20 days to target, so lets put a line under our naughtiness and move on!!! :)

Cheers Sam, wish I could say I enjoyed falling off the wagon - but I didn't. Am gutted about putting the weight back on - not all but most of it - so here we go time to shift it again and hit target - 20 days and counting eh !! x

Hi all hows everyone getting on.i have updated the figures, was planning to start my catch up fasts from last year yesterday but slept in in the morning so i have started today, i had 1 litre of water a bar and poridge this morning, planning to have soup and a ss plus meal. will let yous know how i get on.while i am fasting doing ss plus rather than ss. working this weekend 1 till 9.:cry:

TAHIRA - 25 POUNDS (-10=15 to go
LEEDS123- 8 POUNDS(-2=6lbs to go)
NABEELA - 21 POUNDS
KAZSKI - 21 POUNDS
SAM 786 - 14 POUNDS (-6= 8 to go
TINLEY - 11 POUNDs(-2= 9 to go
QUEEN - 30 POUNDS(-12= 18 to go
LALLIALI - 28 POUNDS
GRIMSKUNK- 30 POUNDS
DIDZZY - 28 POUNDS
LISA - 14 POUNDS
MISSYL - 28 POUNDS
MARSIPAN- 25 POUNDS
LAILA - 14 POUNDS (-7.5= 6.5 to go)
SARA- 25 POUNDS

Hello - to those of you who have falled off - well lets say I am in the same boat with you. BUT - this is what I think is the problem. we are seeing it as a 'CHEAT' and its not. My CDC was telling me, how falling off things is real life and if I don't get used to it I will never achieve anything so I have to just keep going, because a little slip now and again is better than giving up.

SO - what I say is that we do a little memory wipe...yes physically sit there and wipe your hard drive and start again. bzzzzzzz...yes now we are all clean again and we can keep going.

The problem isn't the falling off, it is our minds making us feel guilty thinking we can't do it.

Today I am doing SS again, to get me back into the 'zone' and I know my stomach is going to hate me for it again, after treating it with naughty things but its a price I have to pay!

So all you lovely ladies who have been hiding away from the board, don't do it, I did it for so long and it's just not worth it. DRAAAAAG yourself back onto your plan and keep going darlings!!

Ditto everything you've all said, i've not posted in the last week, I only started a couple of days ago, couldn't get into it. I have lost 4lbs according to my scales but will wait until I see my CDC on Tuesday for my official weigh in results. Keep going everyone!!

hi for all yous planning on doing ss or ss plus during ramadhan.i fasted today and all went well drank just over 1 litre of water in morning,a poridge and a bar,at night had chiken and mushroom stir fry and choc tetra. im actually really full might try doing ss tomorow rather than ss plus really struggled with last tetra.

hows everyone today, even if you fall of the plan still come on here we can all help each other. we are all human falls happens just pick yourself up and start again.

hi for all yous planning on doing ss or ss plus during ramadhan.i fasted today and all went well drank just over 1 litre of water in morning,a poridge and a bar,at night had chiken and mushroom stir fry and choc tetra. im actually really full might try doing ss tomorow rather than ss plus really struggled with last tetra.

Hey hun, well done for getting through your fast on CD and eating helathy. The only thing i was concerned about was drinking all the water but i think you got everything covered :)

xx

concerning the water in the morning can only manage 1 litre the most but at night sipping away till 12 i can do 2 litres plus.....

Today is my first day doing just SS & fasting. At Sahur (the time you wake up at night to eat) I had 2 milkshakes, and drank similar amount of water as Tahira. The thing is, strangely I don't feel hungry at all. But I do feel tired/a bit weak. It's my first day back on the diet, so maybe that's it. But I'm not sure.

I was going to break my fast with a final milkshake and more water, but I think I might have a small meal as I dunno if I'll have the energy without it.

I'll see how the rest of the week goes.

Oh and I'm avoiding people like the plague, because I know my breath smells horrible! lol

hope all goes well missyl ive kept 2 fasts so far done ss plus for both,during ramadhan ive decided im going to do ss plus instead of ss.

Hi ladies,

Hows it going. My stomach is hurting like mad, I am not actually hungry but my stomach just hurts! anyone know why this is? Is it because my stomach is shrinking? eugh not nice. I am still sticking to SS+ 100%, you all seem to be doing so well. How much longer till this challenge ends, I have checked the scaled only lost 1lb this week so far but weigh in is thursday. When do you wll weigh in?

Speak soon

Laila

Hi Guys

I hope you don't mind me asking but I would love to hear your thoughts on ramadan and what it means to you as an individual. My HQ is in the middle east - a great number of my colleagues are muslim. It would be great to get a better understanding of this and other aspects of Islam - to get a better understanding of what is important to my colleagues and so that I do not make any faux pas by accident.

Thanks

xx

Helloo Toots!

Well Ramadan is the 9th month of the Islamic calendar and muslims abstain from food, drink and sexual intercourse from first light to sunset. During that time we fast to remember those who have less than us, pray more and read the Qur'an. We also visit friends, family and open our fasts together at sunset, focusing more on our families and even our neighbours. We are also told of the health benefits of allowing the body to 'take a rest' for a period of time every year.

For me personally, during Ramadan I feel much closer to those people who are starving around the world. As much as it sounds like a cliché it gives me a chance to experience how they must feel on a daily basis, with one difference, I get to eat food in the evening however many of these people don't. Also, on an empty stomach you do feel like you can think a little clearer, even though in the first few days it can be quite difficult, you get used to it.

Ramadan faux pas - I don't think there are really any faux pas apart from don't waive a sandwich in front of someones face when they are fasting, they might start looking at you like they want to eat you. :p

Pregnant women, the elderly, sick and those who are travelling do not have to fast. Also when women are on TOM they don't have to keep their fasts either, but have to make them up later.

If your colleagues seem a little cranky, don't take it personally they don't mean it. I am usually quite silent the first few days and some people get headaches as well the first few days, so you might see a few people looking like zombies. By the 3rd or 4th day people get used to it.

A little overview of our beliefs:
-we believe in the One God
-we believe in Angels, who are honored creatures
-we believe in all the books that were sent down
- we believe in all the prophets and messengers, including Adam, Jesus, Noah and the final messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him)
-we believe in the day of judgement
-we believe in divine predestination (Al-Qadr)

Islam is built on 5 pillars:
-the declaration of faith
-prayer
-fasting
-zakat (support of the needy)
-pilgrimage to mecca

Apologies for the long post, wanted to answer all your questions :rolleyes:

If you want to know anymore just let us know, muslims love talking hehe :p

Peace :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Laila. I appreciate it - it is nice to hear about someone's religion from them rather than a book/google as you get the passion and the human aspect

xx

Back