Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

You are doing so well!

how are you feeling this evening?

Good afternoon, hope you're well and managing to stay on track. Hang on in there Bee xx

Hi Bee. How are you? I'm back after a massive lapse so hope we can both motivate each other to stay on track!

Hey everyone, I had a rough few days unfortunately, and friends invited me out for a meal so I ended up having a Chinese and was home ill yesterday and what with wallowing in self pity a bit I ate a fair share of crisps and bread. But no more. Felt rotten for it last night, not just mentally, but physically, so I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.
But, a new month, a new start. I am so determined to not give up on this. I've got a few challenging days ahead with a day all over the place on Friday where I will probably have to tell people I'm on a diet so they don't force lunch on me and a meeting on Saturday which involves spending 6 hours on a coach as well so it's gonna be tough. But I thought if all else fails, I might do a WS day on Saturday, and not take it as an excuse to eat more junk.

Hi Bee. Glad you're back. I need my diet buddy back as I've really struggled since getting back from holiday. I've also been poorly and I'm not a good patient - once on Christmas day I laid on the settee feeling sorry for myself and cried all day because I had flu. I'm on day 3 of my restart so let's both have a real crack at it this time!

Couldn't agree more Lynne, I will get those 28 lbs off by the end of the year that I put down in the challenge. And ideally, I would love to be below 12 stone by then....just the thought of it is wonderful but quite far away. So my aim for now is to make it through this week and the difficult weekend without a glitch.

Let's get cracking! I'm doing OK so far today. have had a porridge so far.

I just realised from our statistics that we started practically at the same time and have lost (and gained and lost again) the same amount and have the same goal weight, so that's quite helpful really for motivation, being on the same level. Having said that, I have a fair bit more to lose but I'll get there eventually :) I might be going home to see my folks in February time and my secret dream is to be a lot nearer the 10st by then, that would be so awesome.
Have been meaning to ask how your mum is now? Is she back to normal after her surgery?

Hi Bee. All the more reason for us to encourage each other to persevere. Where do you live now and where do you count as home. (I live in Derbyshire but Morpeth in Northumberland is home to me. My mum is fine after her operation. I visited just before I went to Turkey but haven't been since. I didn't dare tell her that I was going on holiday again and am waiting for my tan to fade before I go back. I think I've said before my mother isn't the easiest person to get along with and disagreements with her are best avoided! She's called Constance which I think really suits her!

I'm from Germany originally but my home now is Wales, has been for a few years. Most of my family still live in Germany so I don't see them very often and it would give me a major boost to turn up there a lot thinner than they remember :D
I'm glad to hear your mum's recovered. There's always that element of inherent guilt over doing anything remotely "selfish" like a holiday for example, it's like that with me anyway. So I can understand why you didn't tell her about your holiday although of course I don't know if that was your reason :)

Ladies you are both doing so well. I am sure you will both drop some ponds over the autumn

Thanks Shrimp, I do hope so. It's hard to get back into the swing of things, when I first started Exante, I was so careful to not deviate from the plan at all. And I think once you have had a break from it and starting to recover it's easy to get complacent and thinking I've done it before, I'll do it again. But I just want to get on with it now, the whole stalling and starting thing is no good, doesn't get me where I want to be.

Morning Bee. I could have written that last post! You and I are in exactly the same place.

Last edited:
Good afternoon Bee. Wise post above hun. I think we all get complacent with this diet from time to time, thinking we can just have the odd days off and it won't hurt.
But each time it's so much bloody harder to get back into it.

Hope you're having a good day. You're sounding very positive, good luck xx

I could have written it too.
Why is it so blooming difficult ? :(
Lets keep tryjng :)

Good Morning, oh my word, I'm so sleepy, haven't had any coffee in a couple of days due to teeth whitening in progress. It's much crutch so I've been finding it quite hard without it. But managed a 100% day yesterday so I'm quite pleased with myself. Weighed in this morning just to check and found that I'm the same weight as my last weigh in so it could have been worse.
I must say though I don't want to give myself any excuses for having yet another day "off" thinking that not too much damage has been done. Fact is that if I had stuck to Exante in the first place, I would have lost weight instead of being grateful for not having gained so I really have wasted time. I'm going to save those excuses for when it really counts like big events or a much needed holiday, not for a lazy day at home that ends up with my hand in a packet of doughnuts :rolleyes:
No more excuses!!

I bought some really cheap jeans on the sale online and they arrived yesterday, only £10 which I thought was quite good for a pair of jeans. And they are amazing, all soft but strong material. And they are a "skinny" shape which I never really dared to wear but I'm wearing them today and I'm feeling quite good in them. In the same way that loose clothes remind you that you've lost weight, these now remind me that I can wear these and feel confident in them. Quite a happy bunny.
And how pathetic would it be if I bought another pair a size smaller? Just something to aim for. It's hard for me to find jeans that I don't have to alter coz I'm such a shortie :eek: And these were a perfect fit.
Oh, I'll just order some more :D:D

Forget my last post, I was obviously very very lucky! Just tried to order another pair and they are only left in a size 6 which is ambitious considering I'm an 18 at the moment...ah well, at least I've got the one pair.

OMG Bee! Now that is some incentive - you'll have to join every challenge on the challenge board. I've set myself a cheeky 31lb for August.

Haha, now I must admit I didn't go for the size 6 jeans. But I'm quite determined for this month now to lose about 10lbs which would bring me so much closer to my end of year target. So I guess at the end of this month I'll be upping my total target loss as well.
I know it's achievable and just to imagine stepping on the scales in a month's time and seeing myself close to the 12st mark is quite exhilarating. And what is a month. It's going to fly by. So if I manage day by day, hour by hour, to stick to 100%, that chance is well and truly mine.

Back