Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

HI Bee. Yes, you will be slim and glowing!

Good Morning all, I must confess that I did not have the best of weekends diet wise. I ate way more than I should have done and my only consolation is that I didn't go the whole hog and eat junk food or bread and butter ( the worst thing for me, I literally cannot stop). But anyways, it was not good, and I feel suitably unwell with it today. Then I ended up having a big breakfast, what is wrong with me.
I'm not making excuses, however, I do think it's the tension about this week being so jam packed and then I'm going away Friday morning. Tension and stress are such a big trigger in my life, I'm gonna try and have a clean-ish day for the rest of the day. Rather than being too big on calorie counting, I will make sure that I eat healthily, lots of fruit, lots of water.
Hope your weekends/Monday mornings have been better than mine. :eek:

Morning Bee, hope you have a good one. Well done with reining it in. This diet is hard! xx

Keep trying Bee xx

Morning all, my fellow Exanterians, just checking in to check out ;) I'm having a very busy day ahead with a full day's work and then lots and lots of packing and sorting tonight. So I might not be able to catch up much. But I am very excited about going home, trying not to think too much about how busy it is going to be because as you all know, a visit home is never a holiday :rolleyes: Enjoyable nevertheless, I hope.
I came down with an almighty cold Tuesday night, throbbing head, bad throat, the works. So I took yesterday off, stayed home and ate raw garlic all day (blergh) but you know what? Today, I'm nearly over the cold! I've heard so much about how good this is but always steered clear because of the anti social aspect of this. But being so close to going away, I did not fancy the idea of driving across Europe with a full on head cold so I went for it and it was a revelation. So I'm back in work today, still a bit sniffly and slightly bunged up in the head, but no sore throat, no headache.

I wish you all two successful Exante weeks, will expect you all slim and trim and altogether fabulous when I'm back :D xxxx

Have the most fabulous time Bee xx

Looking forward to hearing what a wonderful time you've had when you get back!

Have a great time with your family Bee.

Don't pick up any hitch hikers cos when they open the door all that garlic you have been eating will knock them for six :D x

I hope your hols are going well :D

Well hello!! How are you all keeping? It's been so long since I've come on here, sorry!! I got back from holiday a week ago and everything is happening here and I don't know if I'm coming or going. I had a great time away, super busy and very sociable but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I have to confess to complete diet ruination. I have thrown myself so hard off the wagon that I landed straight in the bread and butter aisle. And I just cannot seem to face the idea of Exante right now. It's such a tough regime and I know I can do it, but my head won't get into gear. So I have decided to bite the bullet and join SW. I will still use up my Exante products to replace some meals but I need something with group support. Just for the time being. I'm spiraling out of control and I have to stop it.

I hope you are all doing well and still clinging on? Will try and work my way through some diaries asap. But please post here and let me know how you are getting on. Would love to hear from you :) xx

Good luck with sw!
Its good to have another option. Tfr is soo hard and at least this way you are trying to take control again, well done x

Glad you had such a good time Bee.

Well done for taking steps to regain control diet wise & good luck with SW. They have some nice options :) XX

Glad you had a good holiday Bee :)
Enjoy SW :). I take it you will still update here ?:)

Glad you had a good holiday Bee :)
Enjoy SW :). I take it you will still update here ?:)

Hey Marge, oh yes definitely. I need this forum, it's helped me enormously. But when I realised that it had been a year since I signed up and started Exante and since then, with losing and gaining, am only one stone lighter than I was back then, I thought I'm obviously not doing things right and am just swinging between two extremes, the not eating at all or the only eating all the time :eek:

Enjoy your day Bee x

Hey Marge, oh yes definitely. I need this forum, it's helped me enormously. But when I realised that it had been a year since I signed up and started Exante and since then, with losing and gaining, am only one stone lighter than I was back then, I thought I'm obviously not doing things right and am just swinging between two extremes, the not eating at all or the only eating all the time :eek:

Good plan Bee :)
I am now trying a slow paced route this month too :), its got to be better than losing and gaining the same stone eh ?

Hi Bee. I'm glad you had a good time in Germany. I was looking forward to having a serious May attempt at exante with you and so am disappointed you're changing to SW. You have to do what's right for you so hopefully SW will work out well. It's funny how we same to have run parallel over the last year - what with all the gains and losses, my total weight loss is only about a stone too! I'm sticking with exante and restarted yesterday. Don't stay away, I need to have our little chats to keep going! We can exchange notes on our respective diets!

Good plan Bee :)
I am now trying a slow paced route this month too :), its got to be better than losing and gaining the same stone eh ?

I know, it's so utterly frustrating to have lost something like 3 stone over the course of the last year but with gaining and losing only the one stone to show for all the hard work.

Hi Bee. I'm glad you had a good time in Germany. I was looking forward to having a serious May attempt at exante with you and so am disappointed you're changing to SW. You have to do what's right for you so hopefully SW will work out well. It's funny how we same to have run parallel over the last year - what with all the gains and losses, my total weight loss is only about a stone too! I'm sticking with exante and restarted yesterday. Don't stay away, I need to have our little chats to keep going! We can exchange notes on our respective diets!

Hey Lynne! Oh I am sorry to let you down. I feel a bit like I have lost my strength for Exante. It doesn't really fit into my lifestyle and into my head space and I can't see how the next 12 months will be any different from the last 12. I am really struggling with stress at the moment, my health isn't good because I suffer some quite severe side effects from a course of treatment I am on including inflamed joints and muscles. Then my friend's Dad is so so poorly, has been diagnosed with cancer and it's all quite aggressive and is in the brain and the organs and I am re-living a lot of bad memories from when my own Dad died of cancer. I find I don't sleep or when I do, I wake up with a racing pulse which I reckon is anxiety. Right now, I don't feel like I have the oomph to fight another battle on the Exante front.
Sorry to be such a downer!! I just thought I have to do something positive for myself and losing weight is the only thing that I can do to improve my general well being a little, I cannot control my chronic illnesses or what goes on in my life. And I feel positive about SW although I find the group sessions quite mind numbing, I'm not that sort of person (no offense to anyone). But that is not to say that I don't need the support on here or that I cannot lend it either. I'm rooting for you all the way Lynne! It's going to happen this year!
My first weight loss goal (I am back to 15st3 as of last night, can you believe it!!) is a 10% loss which would bring me to 13st10lb. And I am aiming to achieve that in two months. Fingers crossed, peeps!!

Back