Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Good Morning all, hope you're all doing well, and fully on track.

I've managed fine since starting SW on Tuesday, I think once I'm through the first four weeks, I will be having one or two days of Exante a week for a boost. My knee has been playing up badly these last few days and it just hit home how much those poor knees have had to lug around. Although my weight isn't the cause of the knee problems but a bad fall down a flight of marble stairs eleven years ago that left me with a shattered cartilage, it certainly isn't helping. I had an MRI on my knee back then and the doctor said that I wouldn't have to worry about an operation on it for 20 years or so. But I just thought, blow, more than half of that time has passed now. I'm not getting younger or thinner. And only one of those two I can try and remedy. So here's to absolute determination people!!

Feel free to post me despite me being an exante deserter at the moment ;) maybe not in the same boat, but certainly going down the same bumpy rough river. Need all the help I can get. xx

Hi Bee, losing weight will have an impact on the knee so you go for it.

How are the SW meals. Are they still red & green days x

Hey Susie, sorry, late reply, my weekends are usually when I have no time for posting at all, out and about all day.

SW still have the red and green days but I'm not doing them, they have another programme which is so much easier and straight forward. I can't believe I have done a week of it already. Today I'm doing an Exante day actually, I came on my TOTM this morning and feel like a balloon. So I didn't feel like food this morning, more like throwing up. So doing Exante will make me feel a bit lighter hopefully.

Plus, it's weigh in tonight. Wish me luck, peeps :)

Best of luck Bee I have also joined SW and am doing the extra easy one - I find it great and I'm never hungry although I do find I need to plan my food - exante is great for that no planning involved - I'm on week 2 of SW I just needed a change from exante as I was not loosing or gaining just TS and bingeing which isn't good - best of luck with SW x

Hey Tigs, my partner in crime :) I am totally with you, I needed to break out of that cycle that left me feeling totally punished. Will need to pick your brains a bit but will send you a PM rather than have a big food talk on here ;) I have a diary in the SW section as well now if you want to pop by. It is definitely more time consuming which Exante really was not. And it was handy. I still have quite a few packs left so will do a day here and there of Exante thrown in, like an occasional 5:2 diet. But overall, I'm feeling less frantic or panicky about weight loss now, I need to be calm and steady so that I don't throw in the towel if things don't go as I expect them to, but just plod on.
How much are you planning on losing?

Great Bee I'll have a look for your diary I've not even been on the SW forum here I just use the books I got at the meeting but try and stay on here to catch up with everyone and also keep my old diary - PM me no probs on food talk I do love the amount we are able to eat it's great - my weekly food shopping has started again :) I started at 11.11 and in the first week lost 6lbs so I'm 11.5 now - I'm hoping to see 11 soon - my goal is 10 so I'm working towards that - all the best with it x

Ok, so I lost 2.5lb this week. I'm pleased with it, not as much as I had hoped but then I'm having the mother of all totm this week so I guess a lot has to be put down to that.
I'm having a squeaky clean week plus lots of water, it was really odd being on Exante yesterday. In a very strange way, it was a relief because I didn't feel like food anyway so I just had two packs during the day and a normal dinner in the evening.
Right, onwards we go.

Well done Bee on your loss and great progress on Exante. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Hi Bee..how are you doing?

Hi Bee..how are you doing?

I'm alright thanks Shrimp. I'm getting used to the fact that of course the weight loss on a normal food diet is a lot slower and I don't get that almost instant "slimmer" feeling that I had on Exante. Which is fine, I am reconciled to that, it's just that I know that after 10 days on Exante I would feel a greater impact than I do after 10 days on a food diet.
Nevertheless, I'm feeling a lot better for it, what with all my annoying health issues I find I sleep better now and the fruit and veg I eat do me good. So all in all, it's the way forward I think.
This year is the year when I want to be in single figures stone wise. For the first time in I don't know how long, probably since my teens. Cannot. Wait. :)

Hey bee how is everything?

Xx

Bee that sounds like such a good idea. A food diet does help educate you from when you get to target! As you say Exante is great for a big quick impact...but I did find I went back to old habits quickly

Hi Bee. Sounds like you're doing well with SW. I don't have the willpower to do SW. Am currently doing a mixture of TS, WS and calorie counting but seem to have a new start every day! Have been gin awol from here quite a lot which hasn't helped me stay on track either. Last year I really valued my posts with you. I hope you keep posting regularly so that we can keep up the exchanges!

Hope you're doing well on SW Bee I will look for your diary in the SW forum - so far I'm finding it great and cooking loads so everyone in the house is eating healthier - hope you're having a great weekend

Hey bee how is everything?

Xx

Things are going well thanks, I'm finding my feet again in the world of food :) But I do find it difficult to re-wire my brain because a whole year of being on and off exante has imprinted the idea on my mind that eating equals falling off the wagon. And I'm struggling a bit with that at the moment so I'm trying to fret less and enjoy more :)

Hope you're doing well on SW Bee I will look for your diary in the SW forum - so far I'm finding it great and cooking loads so everyone in the house is eating healthier - hope you're having a great weekend

Yes, there is much to be said for cooking the same for the whole family, less work and definitely healthier for everyone. I did have a really good sociable weekend and apart from two handfuls of popcorn (which I dutifully counted of course ;) ) I stuck to the script. How are you finding portion control? Do you keep a food diary at all?

Hi Bee. Sounds like you're doing well with SW. I don't have the willpower to do SW. Am currently doing a mixture of TS, WS and calorie counting but seem to have a new start every day! Have been gin awol from here quite a lot which hasn't helped me stay on track either. Last year I really valued my posts with you. I hope you keep posting regularly so that we can keep up the exchanges!

Lynne, I definitely don't want to slip off the radar and although we might be taking different vehicles, we are definitely on the same road aren't we. So whatever we can do to support each other, we should do.

SW has changed a lot by the way, I don't know when you last looked into it. The whole thing about red and green days is still there if you want it but they have an alternative plan which I am on that is so much easier. Tbh, I must be a total thicko coz I don't quite get the red and green concepts :D

Bee I feel so much better I don't understand red and green days I never did when my colleagues in work were doing SW years ago - but the extra easy option is great for me and it's even better that I don't ever have to know about red and green days :) :)

Last time I did SW I did the easy option too. I never understood the other 2 either - perhaps noone really does!

Back