Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Well done Bee..and bring on the 2st mark

Good morning all, I know I shouldn't weigh every day but couldn't resist this morning, and another 0.6lb down which means it's another 1lb until the 2 stone loss! So I'm hoping, with a TS day today and tomorrow, maybe Saturday morning....:)

Last night, I came back really late from a meeting, had a splitting headache and was so hungry to the point of feeling ill with it, that I decided to have another bar and some painkillers which actually did me the world of good. I thought this morning that the extra bar might have had a detrimental impact due to more carbs but it seemed ok.
Never had four packs in a day before but it seemed a safer option than turning to food. Feeling quite positive and motivated again today, have been drinking water like it's going out of fashion and will continue to do so. Fingers crossed people :D

Well done for only 'binging' on an additional bar - far better than turning to food (as I seem to do in those circumstances!)

Keep it up and bring on the 2 stone loss!

Good afternoon Bee, well done. Fingers crossed you hit that 2st by saturday xx

Hi Bee. There's no stopping you now! You're doing sooooo well! 2stone Bee next week!!!!!

Bee...how has your day been...I do hope you get 2st by Saturday

Good morning Bee.

:fingerscrossed: you've hit that 2st mark this morning xx

Hi Bee. Well....... ?

Also wondering how you're getting on Bee! :)

Morning BBC. How are you doing on this horrible stormy day!

Hey good morning everyone! Thanks for checking in on me, I had a very busy weekend and wasn't anywhere near a computer. Friday morning I weighed in just to check and was 13st9lb which is 2st1lb loss! I was so chuffed, did not expect it.
Saturday went ok, however, Sunday.....I had a few friends over for coffee in the afternoon, some of them really needed cheering up, lost wife and mother not long ago, I might have mentioned this on here before. And there was tons of cake and one thing led to another...and yep, I totally went for it. Unfortunately, I sort of carried on this morning with left over croissants and a brownie *major facepalm*. So I'm just gonna write that off and go back to 100%. I'm staying the weekend with my low carbing friend and have been really up front with her about sticking to Exante/a low carb diet and it's no problem so I'm determined to see the next two weeks through without a glitch.
That's my goal. 2 clean weeks.
In 2 weeks' time, I've got some friends staying with me for a week and I've got the time off from work too and I will do my very best to be as good as possible. But they are toast eaters and it will be a very sociable week with lots of other people. So my goal is for that week not to gain any weight.

So the next three weeks are: 2 clean Exante weeks, 1 tidy week with no gain....oh dear. Sounds so higgledy piggledy.

Sounds pretty organised to me. Well done for planning ahead! Well done on exceeding the 2st milestone too! Fingers crossed for 100% TS for the rest of today and the next 2 weeks.

Thanks Lynne, I hope I'm still there after the cake feast I had. Will see. Sometimes I wish that I could just take 6 months out of my life and focus completely on the diet with no distractions, interruptions etc. But then again, all these interruptions and challenges are real life, aren't they. So basically along the dieting journey, you teach yourself how to cope and deal with them. All part of the process.

I guess it's about facing food challenges sensibly without going overboard - not my forte I'm afraid!

Bee well done on hitting and passing 2 stone

Thank you Shrimp :) I must say I feel quite hung over today, I did have some more naughty stuff yesterday and in the end I got so annoyed with myself I grabbed the nearest thing I could find which turned out to be my heat protection hair spray and sprayed it all over the leftovers and chucked them.
So today I'm drinking more water than ever to flush my system and might hold off on the weighing for a day or two.

I guess it's about facing food challenges sensibly without going overboard - not my forte I'm afraid!

No, same here. Another thing to learn and adjust. It's the going overboard for years that has eventually led me to nearly 16st so I am trying very hard to differentiate between a "night off" from the diet and then carrying on 100% again and a self destructive binge that takes me back to old patterns. Difficult process.

Thank you Shrimp :) I must say I feel quite hung over today, I did have some more naughty stuff yesterday and in the end I got so annoyed with myself I grabbed the nearest thing I could find which turned out to be my heat protection hair spray and sprayed it all over the leftovers and chucked them.
So today I'm drinking more water than ever to flush my system and might hold off on the weighing for a day or two.

Well, that's one way of doing it! Your posts do make me laugh sometimes! Hilarious!

No, same here. Another thing to learn and adjust. It's the going overboard for years that has eventually led me to nearly 16st so I am trying very hard to differentiate between a "night off" from the diet and then carrying on 100% again and a self destructive binge that takes me back to old patterns. Difficult process.

It is so difficult but I certainly find it easier with exante than other diets like WW and SW. I guess we've just got to keep practicing and eventually we'll get it right. It really annoys me that I'm still having to work towards my pre Philadelphia weight just because instead of having sensible time off in Turkey I went totally wild, eating and drinking way overboard!

It is so difficult but I certainly find it easier with exante than other diets like WW and SW. I guess we've just got to keep practicing and eventually we'll get it right. It really annoys me that I'm still having to work towards my pre Philadelphia weight just because instead of having sensible time off in Turkey I went totally wild, eating and drinking way overboard!

I agree that I find it easier on Exante than other diets, and I have tried a lot of them, more than once. I think once I'm at goal I will find one that suits me but as far as the weight loss process is concerned, Exante is so straight forward and quite honestly cheaper too :)
My sister is doing SW but she hasn't got anywhere near as much to lose as I have, two stone max after two pregnancies which is pretty good going anyway. But added to that, she hasn't got the problem with quantities that I have. So on SW she has the "free" foods to fill up on and I have been there before myself. And it's the pattern of overeating that I need to change. And you can overeat on healthy stuff too. Even if it's something as harmless as cucumber or carrots, but it's a psychological crutch always having to eat something. And that's why I have never succeeded on those diets, my pattern never changed, just the food I would abuse. So gradually the diet would stop working for me and I'd give up. Wow, mega rambling again.
Anyways.
Don't forget Lynne, that your health problems have been a major set back. Especially if something renders you immobile for some time. So don't be too hard on yourself. Thing is you know Exante works for you and I have no doubt you'll find that zone again and lose a lot quite quickly. It's peaks and troughs all the way (i.e. life).

Back