Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

You're going at it great guns, keep it up! I'm also loving your water intake - it clearly helps - nice reminder to us all to drink up!

I've been freezing too, and saw that others have been as well. We're obviously in the fat burning zone!

Did anyone see the food unwrapped program on channel 4 earlier?

Hi Bee. Good work. You're coasting! You'll soon have a stomach the size of a tennis ball!

Can you believe it, I gave myself a pep talk in the mirror this morning!

Told myself with a very stern face and fierce eyes (my friends say I can make them do anything looking at them like that): You want to lose weight? Do you?? It's going to be tough. You still want to lose weight? Then suck it up!!

I still feel slightly shaken by it, goodness, I can stare if I want to!
I reckon the taking to yourself has worked Bee, as you seem to be in the zone now :D

Did anyone see the food unwrapped program on channel 4 earlier?

I did. Very interesting eh ?
When I started seeing the manfriend a couple of years ago, who is diabetic, I started really reading the labels of stuff properly. And from that, I have discovered, in short, that its better to have the full fat version of everything, but in smaller portions :) (A lot of low fat /diet products seem to increase sugar in their products, bad for diabetics !!)
Which ironically, the advertising guy that did the chicken bagel thing, was basically saying just that eh ? If you want to reduce weight, reduce portion sizes.
What did you think your self Scotminx ?

Good Morning! Ah, another day of gales and pounding rain. Good, I worried that things might have drastically changed overnight :rolleyes:

Ok, again, sounding like a broken record, I couldn't stay away from the old scales this morning. Another 1.5lb down from yesterday. It's looking good so far hehe. I can't wait to get back to where I left off before, the scales just tipped below the 14st then and I'm desperate to get back there and get cracking. This is basically just dealing with the aftermath at the moment, once I get to where I was, I can carry on losing :)

I think I ended up having something like 5 litres of fluid intake yesterday if I count the two coffees I had. I didn't even realise but was so cold when I got home, I had a massive mug of bouillon and another of herbal tea. Plus a pint of water. I'm swimming :D

Ah and had the spaghetti bolognese. There seems to be nothing, no herb or condiment, that would make this stuff taste any better. It's horrid. Will see if I can shift them rather than eat them ;)

Good morning Bee, fab water intake! I do think that's the key to this diet.
I need to up mine after yesterday, my kidneys suffer too if I don't drink enough.

Well done on the weightloss again too. Have a fab one xx

Good Morning! Ah, another day of gales and pounding rain. Good, I worried that things might have drastically changed overnight :rolleyes:

Ok, again, sounding like a broken record, I couldn't stay away from the old scales this morning. Another 1.5lb down from yesterday. It's looking good so far hehe. I can't wait to get back to where I left off before, the scales just tipped below the 14st then and I'm desperate to get back there and get cracking. This is basically just dealing with the aftermath at the moment, once I get to where I was, I can carry on losing :)

I think I ended up having something like 5 litres of fluid intake yesterday if I count the two coffees I had. I didn't even realise but was so cold when I got home, I had a massive mug of bouillon and another of herbal tea. Plus a pint of water. I'm swimming :D

Ah and had the spaghetti bolognese. There seems to be nothing, no herb or condiment, that would make this stuff taste any better. It's horrid. Will see if I can shift them rather than eat them ;)

What day are you on now hun? And how much have you lost in total so far? I'm swimming as well lol. I seem to feel thirsty every second of the day lol x

Oh my that is incredible weightloss well done! Very well deserved, you are doing so well. I watched a Tv programme the other day about foods and it was horrifying. How over the years 'they' have turned food into a mass of man made chemicals and how bread isn't really bread anymore. Makes you think.

Have another great day :) x

Oh my that is incredible weightloss well done! Very well deserved, you are doing so well. I watched a Tv programme the other day about foods and it was horrifying. How over the years 'they' have turned food into a mass of man made chemicals and how bread isn't really bread anymore. Makes you think.

Have another great day :) x

Yes, bread is quite a horrific thing these days. Makes you wonder why so many people can't handle bread anymore when it used to be such a staple. I used to live in Germany where they do amazing breads and I never had any issues with it, it seemed a lot more wholesome if that makes sense.

I'm doing alright so far, just realised that not a single calorie has crossed my lips since getting up this morning, have had 2 litres of water, a pint mug full of peppermint tea and a black coffee. Time now for first shake though I think :)

What day are you on now hun? And how much have you lost in total so far? I'm swimming as well lol. I seem to feel thirsty every second of the day lol x

I'm only on day 4 today of my restart, I started on Saturday. Since Saturday, I've lost 6lb already so I'm looking forward to the first official weigh in on Saturday. The first week's loss is always the best.

On my previous exante journey last year, I lost two stone in about 3 months, it was a steady loss, nothing amazing, but it was coming off. And I really noticed the changes in my clothes, oh my word.
I went from 15st10 to 13st10. And then I sort of let go of the reins as it were. I faffed a lot with doing partly low carbing and partly exante, interspersed by phases of carb eating. That went on for months and then I had a final blow out month last month, the whole hog. And I weighed in again at 15st3. Which was disappointing but I wasn't really upset, I knew what I had done to get there.

And now I know what to do to put it right again. I'm so thrilled to be in the 14s again within days of starting so my goal is to be very close to the lower 14s/upper 13s by the end of this month.

It's funny, I don't find it difficult to drink a lot being on this. It seems I am more thirsty and being so empty on exante means there's actually room for all the liquid ;)

You are doing well Bee. I hope to be following you closely soon :p

I am sure both you and vee67 will have a good weight in

Thanks Shrimp :)

Yes Vee, the first week is so tough, it better be a good loss :D

What is wrong with me right now, I've been really focussed and right at this moment it's all I can do to stop myself fantasizing about food! I don't want it, not really, it's a physical and emotional craving. But my mind actually says no. Hard though. I might need some tough love peeps :D

Get in the bath !!! Clean your body and your mind of all bad thoughts ;)

Haha, thanks Marge. It would be great if we could just wash off those thoughts. Maybe a symbolic handwash might do the trick (I only have a shower).
I'm going to have my last pack now and will take it out of the kitchen with me, watching something comforting and I shall not return to the kitchen until the morning. It's not a safe place.

I felt that way last night Bee. Today is much better and I'm in ketosis, maybe the cusp of falling into ketosis brings it on. My weigh in is also Saturday, my first :) You're doing well keep going x

I did. Very interesting eh ?
When I started seeing the manfriend a couple of years ago, who is diabetic, I started really reading the labels of stuff properly. And from that, I have discovered, in short, that its better to have the full fat version of everything, but in smaller portions :) (A lot of low fat /diet products seem to increase sugar in their products, bad for diabetics !!)
Which ironically, the advertising guy that did the chicken bagel thing, was basically saying just that eh ? If you want to reduce weight, reduce portion sizes.
What did you think your self Scotminx ?

I came to exactly the same conclusion Marge, and wasn't terribly surprised tbh, except for maybe the bisto vs Tesco light lasagna! I guess it just shows that reading labels is important. I also thought the detox chat was interesting but not entirely surprising, and the stuff about being "skinny fat" as well (I.e. appearing slim but having fat around your organs by eating lots of refined sugar and bad fats). Just goes to show the importance of lifestyle change and maintenance long after we're done with exante!

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Stay strong Bee - it's not worth it. Keep your eye on the prize and enjoy your early night :)

Back