Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Thanks Scotminx, just had my last pack and am now well and truly wrapped up in a blanket nearing the bed :)

Just had a very disappointing discovery on the Tesco Clubcard Exchange, I wanted to exchange vouchers to get tokens for the car ferry to Holland, I always go that way when I drive to Europe to visit family. Not having much money, it's always a major expense and I only do it about every 18 months.
Was pleased to find that £10 vouchers would give you £30 tokens. So I merrily enter all my vouchers, all consisting of small amounts, £2 here and £3 there, adding up to £10, only to find that they only accept vouchers in values of £5. Well, as a single person on a small income, I don't spend enough to rack up £5 worth of points in a quarter so I'd never get vouchers of that value. I found that so disappointing, seeing as I had in fact spent enough with Tescos, be it within a few months or a year, to accumulate £10 worth.

I wrote them a rather lengthy email complaining about that. Not that it will make the slightest difference. :mad:

Thanks Scotminx, just had my last pack and am now well and truly wrapped up in a blanket nearing the bed :)

Just had a very disappointing discovery on the Tesco Clubcard Exchange, I wanted to exchange vouchers to get tokens for the car ferry to Holland, I always go that way when I drive to Europe to visit family. Not having much money, it's always a major expense and I only do it about every 18 months.
Was pleased to find that £10 vouchers would give you £30 tokens. So I merrily enter all my vouchers, all consisting of small amounts, £2 here and £3 there, adding up to £10, only to find that they only accept vouchers in values of £5. Well, as a single person on a small income, I don't spend enough to rack up £5 worth of points in a quarter so I'd never get vouchers of that value. I found that so disappointing, seeing as I had in fact spent enough with Tescos, be it within a few months or a year, to accumulate £10 worth.

I wrote them a rather lengthy email complaining about that. Not that it will make the slightest difference. :mad:
Maybe's not. But it kept you busy and out of the kitchen ;).
I do hope that you do get a positive reply from them though :)

You're quite right Marge, at least it kept me busy :D

And just had to laugh about a dopey ebayer, I asked to give me feedback because I hadn't received any on a purchase I made so they emailed me back saying "valued customer". Don't give me feedback, enter it on ebay :rolleyes:

6lb already is such a good incentive ,I don't know why we are all so good at attempting to sabotage ourselves. Stay with it Bee, you'll be so happy tomorrow that you did.

Good night...and well done for avoiding temptation

Sweet dreams Bee (hopefully non food related, lol)! Here's to another 100% day tomorrow - lets do this :)

Well done Bee have another great day x

Good afternoon Bee. Well done for yesterday and I hope today's another 100% one! xx

Hey everyone, today's gone really well again. I was out and about all day and drinking enough was a bit of a challenge. But I start my day with a pint of water and a pint mug of herbal tea so I guess I was already floating :)
I always keep a bottle of water in the car so I drink that when driving home, that's done with too. So I must have had at least 2 litres by now. And stuck with the black coffee although it was tempting to have it with cream. But that will be my absolute-emergency-or-else-I-will-fall-of-the-wagon treat. I'm keeping myself busy now with some housework and catching up on here, then shower, then soup and bed :)
Had some good news today in that I have finally managed to persuade my doc to refer me for an MRI, my back has been bad on and off for a long time and I am convinced that I had a prolapse about 8 years ago, went into A&E by ambulance at the time as I was completely unable to walk and in so much pain I couldn't breathe. But they didn't even examine me, told me I had a bad back and sent me home with painkillers.
I hope the MRI will at least give me a proper diagnosis and then I can take it from there.

That's great news Bee! I really hope you get some answers and can start moving forward after the MRI. Oh, and well done on another good exante day!

Thank you :) It's quite empowering to go through the days on Exante, some easier than others, and look back and think, I have done it. I have managed it. Just one day at a time. Although I do keep my long term goals in sight, right now my first goal is getting to the first official weigh in on Saturday. Then my next big goal is to start exercising again after week two. Then to complete January with 100% TS.

You will be in the 14's in no time Bee, carrying on like this ;)
Well done :D

Thanks Marge :) Inofficially, I'm already in the 14s coz I've been sneakily weighing myself although I know I shouldn't really. But won't change my stats until weigh in on Saturday. So far, I've lost 7lb since restarting WHOOP :)

I just realised I have no choice but to be absolutely 100% tomorrow. I started ticking the days I've done 100% on my kitchen calendar. And I accidentally ticked the Thursday earlier. So now I have to do it properly tomorrow coz I have this thing about tidy calendars. Can't cross out the tick again :)
I find it quite motivating to see the ticks accumulating coz my re-start wasn't as planned, I was two days behind it due to pigging out :eek: So I want the stats to change with every day so that the proportion of my good days totally and utterly outweighs any slip ups.

You are doing great and weigh day will be here before you know it!

I don't know where to start you are doing so well. Love the tidy calendar thing! Sounds like me lol. Well done on your huge loss that is brilliant Bee. I'm naughty and keep weighing and recording the results. Big big well done, our weigh in is not far now. One whole week will be ours x

Glad to hear you had a great day, Always good to be able to see the progress you are making in a visual way like you are doing on the calender. Did you injure your back before it started playing you up Bee?

Maybe you should put that tick for the following day every day ;-) you're doing fab hun x

Back