Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Hi Bee

I had a bad weekend too - but my 'falling of the wagon with a resounding thump' day was Sunday. Like you mine was filled with carbs - in the form of pizza. Back on it today. Have had a litre of water and a coffee (need to catch up with you!) and am thinking of getting my first shake of the day.

Like you, I'm trying not to beat myself up about the off day too much. In fact this morning on the way to work I was thinking about one of your posts from a week or so ago, where you were talking about habits. Exante was, and needs to become, my habit. Sunday was a blip. So I now need to prove to myself that I can get back in the habit. :)

Have a great day. We can get ourselves back into ketosis.

Thank you Twinkle and BG, yes I'm totally 100% back on the wagon, I'd like to think that I didn't really fall off but momentarily lost grip as the wagon was carrying its way on to my weight loss goal :p
In a way, this is actually true. Exante, done properly, is like a vehicle that gets you to where you want to go. But you need to be on board. I briefly disembarked and got right back on it. So the journey continues.

Your so right Bee. One day out of the month is not worth going back to day one for. We all have those times which are so difficult to over come. Just think of all the times you resisted, they far out way what happened on Saturday. To much self criticism is not always productive & you have been strong enough to get straight back on track today. Well done for doing so cos it would have been much easier to carry on eating.x

Welcome back Bee - don't feel like you need to slip in the backdoor or come here hanging your head in shame - all these negative feelings don't do anyone any good. You are human, you had a bad day, but what makes this time different is that you picked yourself up and got straight back on the wagon. Also, think of Saturday as a learning experience - looking back now, what lessons did that teach you to help you move forward with your journey? Susie is also spot on in referring you back to your comments about exante becoming habit. Hang in there and you'll be ticking those days off again in no time :)

I love seeing your method of Exante, so true! Glad to see you're remaining positive xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good to hear you jumped straight back on

Hi Bee. You're a trooper! Straight back on your exante journey - well done!

Very well done Bee.
Getting back on the wagon so quickly just shows you are in the zone. I would have gone into carb meltdown :eek:, because I am only one day in :eek:
Any gain will be gone so soon you probably won't even know you had a gain !!

Where is the telling off and the tough love people!! Haha. I do appreciate your positive comments. I am hoping very much that I can still have possibly a tiny loss this week, weigh in isn't until Saturday. So maybe 1 or 1.5lb please? That would be marvelous, thank you :D
I didn't manage my walk last night after all, ended up staying on a bit longer in work and that extra half an hour meant I came home in complete darkness. Living on a dark lonely country lane, I didn't really fancy risking my life with farmers speeding around corners in their indestructible land rovers. Whereas I am quite destructible ;) Will try again tonight.
Yesterday was a good day but a strange one too. I had one pack at 1pm and work was so busy all day that I didn't have another. When I got home I noticed I still had a few eggs in the fridge so ended up making an omelette. When I got up this morning I realised I had only had one pack yesterday and the eggs. Really weird, I did not feel like eating all day. Maybe because work is so stressful at the moment and not in a good way.
And then....big sniff.....I broke my favourite ring yesterday. It slipped of my finger as it was quite cold and hit the tiled floor. It was made of glass and I bought it in Portugal. I spent an hour online then trying to find it again but it must have been some local craft. I just wanted to cry. I found all pieces apart from one and it must be tiny. If I find it, I can maybe glue it back together. But oh, I could have kicked myself.

Oh Bee, I'm so sorry about the ring :bighug:

I know how it feels - I broke a beloved little glass kiwi ornament that I bought in New Zealand. Cried for hours.

.......but do you know, months later I found the exact same kiwi on eBay, and was so thrilled. You never know :)

Oh Bee, I'm so sorry about the ring :bighug:

I know how it feels - I broke a beloved little glass kiwi ornament that I bought in New Zealand. Cried for hours.

.......but do you know, months later I found the exact same kiwi on eBay, and was so thrilled. You never know :)

Thanks Darcy, that's definitely given me a bit of a boost. It sounds so pathetic to be upset over an object like that but it's just what it means to you. I found this website where people from all over the world sell their jewellery and there is some amazing stuff out there. It's just ... not the same :)
But over time, if I can't replace it, I might come to terms with treating myself to another pretty ring from there hehe. My friend who came with me to Portugal suggested we go back there asap :D :D now there's a thought. Much easier to do than go back to New Zealand. How fortunate to have found it again on ebay!

Thanks Darcy, that's definitely given me a bit of a boost. It sounds so pathetic to be upset over an object like that but it's just what it means to you. I found this website where people from all over the world sell their jewellery and there is some amazing stuff out there. It's just ... not the same :)
But over time, if I can't replace it, I might come to terms with treating myself to another pretty ring from there hehe. My friend who came with me to Portugal suggested we go back there asap :D :D now there's a thought. Much easier to do than go back to New Zealand. How fortunate to have found it again on ebay!

Going back to Portugal sounds like a brilliant idea. Perhaps that can be your reward for getting to a certain goal....?

How's day '2' (that isn't really day 2) going for you?

Sorry about your ring hun :-( glad you had a good day even if it was strange. Have a good day today and I'll be hoping for a loss for you this week xx

Today is going well actually. I'm barely hungry now, it's 2pm and I haven't had my first shake yet. But about 3 litres of water plus two coffees. I reckon I'll have my shake soon just to get started. But I'm pleased that despite the slipup I'm still feeling completely in the zone, it's not as much of a struggle as I feared it might be.
Maybe my extremely low carb day yesterday sent me back into ketosis, who knows. Ha and meant to mention, a friend brought over some crisps and started eating them and left the bag. So I promptly sprayed them with kitchen cleaner and dumped them. Can't be too careful right :D

Good Bee, that's the only way to deal with a packet of crisps lol. Sounds like you are on a roll so no reason not to see a bit of a loss by Saturday :fingerscrossed: Certainly sounds like you are back in ketosis. x

I love the crisp abuse lol. Glad today has been gentle with you and that you're still in the zone xx

Nice to hear that today has been easier on you Bee. Great strategy with the crisps! Love it :D

It would have been just too easy to put them to one side and tell myself that I wouldn't touch them. Coz I know when this sort of stuff is in the house, it only takes a weak moment when nothing else seems to matter and my hand's on the wrong side of the bag. So they ended up smelling of peony and peaches hehe.

Back