Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Tbh what I do is bring my pilates dvd and when there's a quiet moment I just start doing it. It's standing pilates and it's only a twenty minute run altogether but once you're warmed up you can do all the individual sections with a little break inbetween. And then when I'm warmed up and sitting at my desk again I do stuff like lift my legs off the ground and do like an abs crunch type exercise. I don't know if it does any good but it makes me feel at least like I've done something.

I can't do anything like that. In my old office I had my own office. At the moment I have to share an office and all the rooms in this office have glass panels in the doors. The staff might get a good laugh if I did though!

Hey everyone, yes I have had a good day, decided on another WS day, amazed how quickly I fill up, that's a good sign. And I really noticed when I wore another coat this morning how much more loosely it fits. So that's a great motivator and in the week ahead I'm going to be 100% TS.

As I said before, I'll be on my own in the office so I'll be far away from all temptation, nothing will be offered to me and I can drink as much water as the tap has to offer.

Btw the muffins were ok. They were not brilliant because I didn't have a muffin tray but had to make do with cupcake cases. So they were ok in that they set but they were more like slabs of cold custard in texture. Nice to have something to eat rather than drink/spoon. Must get a tray but i've been looking and all I have seen were quite pricey. Tricky when you live out in the sticks.

Hope you've all had a good day :) xx
The chocolate muffins I did were a bit like that too. Maybe that's why I didn't rate them either. I think the different varieties cook at different times.
I love the feeling of feeling full on next to nowt :D

I know I relish those days when you feel quite full and satisfied all day on very little, other days I'm ragingly hungry. But today's going well so far, work's quite stressful but I'm trying to keep my focus on doing one bit at a time, I do have the tendency to look at the whole mountain of work and freak out. So I'm ignoring the pile of stuff behind me and just pick one thing off at the time.

I'm so cold today, the weather is quite nasty here too but I always feel colder when in ketosis. And I don't mean just the days of getting into it, just generally. My hands are blocks of ice, I think they need to be wrapped around a mug of hot water :D off to the kitchen hehe

I'm the same Bee with the cold. Always freezing. At the weekend at the OH's parents I was freezing but he was sweating all night apparently, even when the duvet wasn't on him. Hands were blocks of ice driving home too. Can't fit any more layers under my winter coat at the moment though so must stick to Exante so I can warm up a bit more when outside!

Bee you are doing fantastic! I am going to read your diary when in need of boost. I really like your method of Exante, and your attitude and staying power.

I lost nothing last week, and I ran away, eating my body weight in carbs for what feels like forever - almost gaining a whole STONE in the process. Seems absolutely silly now reading your approach! You talk such sense.

Very well done you're doing so well x

Hey Minnie, aw you're a sweetie, thanks, I'm actually quite frustrated with myself because I can't seem to get away from Working Solutions at the moment. I'm not too tempted by the carbs right now but have to have some protein every day. I have to put a stop to that again because it's the top of the slippery slope for me.
Well done for coming back Minnie, I've missed you. Don't worry about your carb-mania, I know it's easier said than done. And I have been there before a couple of times now since originally starting Exante. And you know, I do wish I could go back in time and do things differently. But we can't. So looking ahead and dealing with today and every day to follow is what is in our control. If we beat ourselves up about the past, we'll be constantly looking behind and that can't be good. Imagine a driver going forward but turning around the whole time, how long would it take to crash!
And the weight you've gained will come off quite quickly. Give it a week and see how much better you'll be feeling. I'm not the one to talk really, I'm still trying to lose my December gain (which was actually more like a November/December gain :eek:) and the last few lbs before getting back to my then weight are hard to shift at the moment. But we'll get there :)

Hi bee, looked at that site for Saints & slimmers. The meals look like proper meals & a nice range, 460 cal's . Had to laugh though cos I occidentally put in saints & sinners & got adult only come up lol . I was saying to Minnie that we have to find a plan that each of us can stick to otherwise we are just banging our heads against a brick wall. Glad today is going well. One job at a time at work is the only way to go xx

Hi bee, looked at that site for Saints & slimmers. The meals look like proper meals & a nice range, 460 cal's . Had to laugh though cos I occidentally put in saints & sinners & got adult only come up lol . I was saying to Minnie that we have to find a plan that each of us can stick to otherwise we are just banging our heads against a brick wall. Glad today is going well. One job at a time at work is the only way to go xx

Saints & Sinners pahaha!! Yes, their website (the diet website that is now!) is a bit all over the place coz they have so many products. They have normal diet ready meals which aren't Exante type meals. But they have a VLCD section which works on the same principle as all the other VLCD, on 600 kcals/low carb. So I might try that out for a change.

Right, I've done it, ordered a mini exercise bike. Should get it tomorrow, exciting! No excuses not to exercise hehe. Even if it's just fifteen minutes here and there in any one day, it can make a difference. I hope.

Yay you can use it while watching the TV Bee. A liitle bit at a time is best x

Bee I'm so with you on the being cold thing, I'm permanently freezing with hands like blocks of ice - I keep driving my hubby and son mad by shoving my hands up their tshirts shouting "give me heat!", I think they're ready to send me to the asylum :D

Well done on getting the exercise bike, enjoy the pedalling!

It is cold at the moment anyway. This diet doesn't help :(
Ohhh :D
An exercise bike :D
Sounds like a good thing for you Bee :D

Yay, the bike was delivered today, haven't unpacked it yet but it'll hide away quite neatly at home which is great. Will see that I give it a whirl tonight. Feeling rather stressed today, work is hideous at the moment, I'm quite a thick skinned person but someone actually managed to make me cry today. Still feeling wobbly, wonder from one week to the next if the company is going to survive.
So I decided on yet another WS day. It's annoying me slightly that I can't get away from it at the moment but I am a stress eater. And when I get under pressure as I am at the moment, the first thing I want to do basically is stuff my face so I thought that way I can have some food but still stick to low carb/exante. Am going to try very hard to get back on TS tomorrow though.

Oh Bee sorry to hear work is not great it's awful especially trying to do this diet with stress - the first thing I would normally reach for is chocolate as I have done since Jan - I have changed to WS as I got to the point I just needed food and That seems to be helping - hope work settles down for you and you get to enjoy your cycling on your new machine x

Don't turn to food....you are doing so well. Don't let work effect all the good you are doing.

get on the bike and take it out on those pedals

Don't turn to food....you are doing so well. Don't let work effect all the good you are doing.

get on the bike and take it out on those pedals

What Shrimp said. Sorry to hear work is so stressful... see if taking it out on the bike helps at all. Will be rooting for you to be back on the TS wagon soon ;)

Back