Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Yes absolutely, it's a bit like going window shopping. When I have no money at all, I stay away from the shops because if I see something I like it's only going to be harder to tear myself away and I'll end up feeling deprived. But if I have some money with me, even if I don't spend it in the end, it just gives you that feeling of freedom to go for it if something comes up.
And that's how I feel about WS at the moment, I still try for TS mainly but it's an option that I keep in my pocket :)

I think with a new month starting tomorrow it's shaken me up a bit into realising that I need to re-focus and I will make it my aim to clock up as many TS days as possible with a few WS should I need them, but not giving in easily. If I give in at the first hurdle and the first craving, what am I going to do if I have a rough day and feel unwell? Need to build up that self-dicipline again or I'll be one boiled egg away from a piece of cake.

I'm with you on that one Bee, use this perfect 4 week month to give it your best shot - just think you could then be starting March a stone lighter - good luck and think positive, you won't fall at the first hurdle you'll jump right over it! xx

Right, so the company that I bought my little useless exercise bike from emailed saying it sounds faulty, they are refunding me and I should just dispose of the bike. No returns. I think I might just keep it coz when I don't change the tension setting and it's just a plain light peddle, it's not effective as an actual exercise but it's movement nevertheless. So I might use it just to get the old hip joints moving after a long day behind the desk. Result :D

Right, so the company that I bought my little useless exercise bike from emailed saying it sounds faulty, they are refunding me and I should just dispose of the bike. No returns. I think I might just keep it coz when I don't change the tension setting and it's just a plain light peddle, it's not effective as an actual exercise but it's movement nevertheless. So I might use it just to get the old hip joints moving after a long day behind the desk. Result :D

Nice one! Sounds like some good customer service, although it does make you wonder how much it costs them to make the bikes if they are telling you to just chuck it! X

Yes absolutely, it's a bit like going window shopping. When I have no money at all, I stay away from the shops because if I see something I like it's only going to be harder to tear myself away and I'll end up feeling deprived. But if I have some money with me, even if I don't spend it in the end, it just gives you that feeling of freedom to go for it if something comes up.
And that's how I feel about WS at the moment, I still try for TS mainly but it's an option that I keep in my pocket :)

That's a very good way to look at it :). I might have to use that myself ;)

Do your WS plan that you had for Feb Bee. It sounded perfect !! 8 days WS allowed in the month. No more, but not a disaster if you only had 6 eh ?;)

That sounds like a really great plan!

Hi Bee, good news about the bike. Your plan sounds well thought through & will definitely help you stay on track. Feelings of deprivation are what we need to avoid so here's to a successful February xxx

Hi Bee great news in the bike and the diet - I have done the same today being the first and am doing the WS - the TS just got too much with no food at all and at least the WS is a bit more sociable as you say you can have a nice coffee here and there as a treat - best of luck x

Yay February is here! *blows off the January cobwebs*

Hope you've had a good one today :)

Hi Bee, glad to see you're still doing well hun. Hope you have a good day hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Bee Hows your weekend going x

Last edited:
Hey Bee! Hope you're having a good Sunday x

Hello Bee :)
How are you doing ?:)

Hi Bee, are you ok hun? I hope you're weekend went well xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey everyone, sorry for being quiet the last few days. Work was crazy busy Friday and I was out and about over the weekend and barely home. Had a great offer through from Exante which I had been waiting for, a pick your own pack coz I wanted to try the new bars, stock up on the curry which I really like and ban ban BAN the spag bol and toffee shakes *goose bumps of disgust*
So that should come tomorrow. I can't believe it's only two months now until I'm going home to visit family and friends. So what I want to do is try and stay off the scales until 28th February. Or 1st of March coz that's a Saturday which is my weigh in day. I want to put the obsession over numbers behind me and focus on what I know WILL work. Clean straight forward Exante, as many TS days as I can manage.
I read one of the success stories on the Exante website and it sounded like the lady who lost 4st in 4 months I believe didn't weigh in at all in that time! There's a thought huh.

Back