Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Good afternoon Bee. I agree with Darcy, lovely post xx

I was just looking at my stats, currently I still have 6st4.5lb to lose. Realised that on the next weigh in on 1 March, for the first time in a very long time, I'll have less than 6st to lose. It probably doesn't sound as riveting to you as it does to me. But I was at a point at my highest weight in the past when I had 8+ stone to lose. If you think that at my height 8-9 stone is a healthy weight, I was double my weight for a long time.
And although I didn't stick Exante out last year and had many re-starts and many slip ups, I am 1.5st lighter now than I was when I started Exante and despite messing around, that is still my total loss. That is nearly 25% of what I want to lose overall. So it's quite steady really. As much as I want a faster and more focused loss this year, I'm still pleased with this.
It's funny how a different angle on the same situation can help you rather than make you feel down. This has given me a little boost. Maybe you could try it too :)

It does look alot better when you find a different angle to it. Well done Bee! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Your posts are great Bee - always interesting and often thought provoking :) xx

Your are right Bee. If you break it into percentages you can then visualise the loss as a fairly large chunk out of a circle. Hope your day has gone well x

Yes, today has gone well, it's definitely a sort of re-start for the body with the pounding headaches today. But I do function quite well during the day on my little exante bits, it's the evenings that are my nemesis, mainly because I get so tired and achey it's almost a physical need to eat rather than just an emotional one.
Have had my three packs today and about 4 litres of water, might have a nice hot drink now before bed.

Glad you've had a good day Bee, hope tomorrow is even better xx

Yes, today has gone well, it's definitely a sort of re-start for the body with the pounding headaches today. But I do function quite well during the day on my little exante bits, it's the evenings that are my nemesis, mainly because I get so tired and achey it's almost a physical need to eat rather than just an emotional one.
Have had my three packs today and about 4 litres of water, might have a nice hot drink now before bed.

Evenings are always more difficult. Never been able to work out why though. Perhaps it is tiredness or the association of food with pleasure as in the evening we are treating ourselves to a rest & feel that we should also be able to eat something naughty but nice while we watch TV.

Its nice to see a different angle on it all :)

I really struggle at night. I know mine is mostly habitual, and I am trying this time round to break that habit. :)

Glad yesterday was good day. Hope u have another good day today :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Hi Bee, how has your day been x

Hope you're doing ok Bee x

Hey, had a long day today but pleased to report another 100% TS. So far again I have only had one pack and about to have my carbonara and a bar later with a nice hot drink as a treat :) I have managed fine today despite major totm pain and cravings as well. Funny how on one hand you feel so ill that food seems furthest on your mind and yet the cravings are almost magnetic, drawing you to the naughty things.
Had a lovely catch up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while so it's been a good day. Taking food out of the equation makes you actually appreciate the true values in life.

I was thinking about the evening cravings. Don't you think as well that they are worse in winter? I do think it is partly habit and partly chemistry going on in the body. Darkness makes you feel more tired and especially if you have had a long day. It is a physical reaction to want energy. And energy comes in the form of food. Especially sugar which is any form of carbs. And as the day winds down, you are more likely to have moments of where the mind relaxes and slows down as well, the adrenaline that drives you in the day and distracts you from food diminishes.

Glad you've had a good day Bee - I think you're right about the winter nights, I think we go more into shut down on winter nights and that leads us to want more food, it's the mini version of a hedgehog/bear eating to hibernate.

This time last year i lasted only 9 days for that very reason. I just needed soup and bread! I caved and couldn't get into it after that.
This year i have put it on my list of things to have when I've finished :)

Ur right Bee. We just want to hole up when it's dark outside, when its light at 8,9 o clock in the evening, we feel we can be more active and do things.

Hope u have another 100% TS day! X

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Back