Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Yes I know you're right *sigh*

It's a shame that I'm in such a bad place in my head at the moment. Actually couldn't sleep last night fretting over this, I know it's pathetic but I feel like such a non-starter. Like I'm driving on the motorway in second gear and everyone zooming past.

Hi Bee. Hope you're feeling better. Look after yourself and have 5 packs if you need them! You'd still lose weight because 5 packs are only 1000 calories! Seriously, 4 packs is good.

This is a fair point Lynne. I had considered going back to calorie counting while I'm on the meds but I guess for now I could do that but just use the packs instead. That way I know I get my nutrients and am not tempted to go overboard once I'm on conventional food.

I'll give it another fortnight with the option of 4 or even 5 packs and will see how I fare. A lot of the packs expire soon which annoys me a bit but I'll sort through them and put the ones aside that have a longer shelf life.

And I caught another mouse, this time with peanut butter. Due to sleepless night I got up at 4am and when I got downstairs I heard all this scratching noise coming from my utility room. And indeed, there was a very lively, quite happy looking mouse cleaning peanut butter of its tail. I didn't have the heart to leave it in there for another 3 hours until I would leave for work so I got my boots and coat on and took it for a spin up the lane to release. Glad I wore leather gloves because at first it was very tentative coming out of the trap and then it shot out and jumped on my hand. Made me squeal slightly. But no harm done. The thing I really find hard is cleaning out that darn trap, they do make such a mess in it and it nearly makes me throw up, I'm rubbish with this sort of thing, cleaning up poo *blergh*

Glad I wore leather gloves because at first it was very tentative coming out of the trap and then it shot out and jumped on my hand. Made me squeal slightly. But no harm done. The thing I really find hard is cleaning out that darn trap, they do make such a mess in it and it nearly makes me throw up, I'm rubbish with this sort of thing, cleaning up poo *blergh*

Squeal lightly. Bee if that had been me I would have woken the whole neighbourhood up!!!.

You are very kind to these creatures :)

Sticking to the packs, however many, is the best way to go Bee cos as you say it will make sure you get all the nutrients you need. I really hope you start to feel better & then start to feel more positive about things soon xx

Thanks Susie, I'm sure I will. I'm not doing too badly really, it's just that these meds knock the stuffing out of you and it's very hard then to look beyond the moment when you're feeling like something scraped off the back of a tractor. I was on this treatment before, about two years ago, and they were tough six months. Life of course carried on as usual but it was a lot harder.
The treatment started sooner than I expected, I had hoped that I wouldn't have to go on it until after coming back. But there we are. I need to alter my view slightly. I've got plenty of stuff to keep me busy and very much looking forward to going home and see my folks in April. As much as I would LOVE to be thinner then, the main thing is that I'm going to see my family whom I haven't seen in over 18 months. And I will work hard to look after health and diet until then and try and lose some weight. But at the same time, I'm not going to allow my weight to spoil my time away. Looking forward to something is part of the joy of life and allowing this to impact on that joy would be self inflicted and unnecessary punishment for something that is not really within my control right now.

Absolutely Bee. Your weight will not having any bearing on how much your family are looking forward to spending time with you so no point letting things impact on your visit.

We are our own worst enemies in that regard, we deprive ourselves of special moments because of the way we feel about our weight & the way we look. All pointless at the end of the day.

Take one day at a time Bee, you can only do what you can do.

What a lovely time you have to look forward too x

Good advice from Susie. You need to concentrate on getting yourself well Bee. The main thing will be to enjoy seeing your family again. And getting well includes eating well so you can't have an eating binge! We can count calories together. I found it much easier today and I had less than 1000 calories so should lose weight.
Loved your account of catching the mouse. I couldn't kill them so would have to use humane traps too. Like Susie, I would have woken the whole neighbourhood if the mouse had jumped on my hand. I scream when the cat brings them in!
Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Look after yourself and stay strong!

Absolutely Bee. Your weight will not having any bearing on how much your family are looking forward to spending time with you so no point letting things impact on your visit.

We are our own worst enemies in that regard, we deprive ourselves of special moments because of the way we feel about our weight & the way we look. All pointless at the end of the day.

Take one day at a time Bee, you can only do what you can do.

What a lovely time you have to look forward too x

Thanks Susie, very helpful post. And I agree, when I look back I have often spoiled otherwise happy times because I'd be frustrated about my weight. And yes, my weight is a problem and I need to work on it. But when you're in a happy moment that you could just enjoy, my weight isn't going to change miraculously and it's my choice then whether I allow myself to be happy regardless. It's a bit like anger or resentment. It ends up hurting me rather than the object of my resentment. So what good does it do.

Good advice from Susie. You need to concentrate on getting yourself well Bee. The main thing will be to enjoy seeing your family again. And getting well includes eating well so you can't have an eating binge! We can count calories together. I found it much easier today and I had less than 1000 calories so should lose weight.
Loved your account of catching the mouse. I couldn't kill them so would have to use humane traps too. Like Susie, I would have woken the whole neighbourhood if the mouse had jumped on my hand. I scream when the cat brings them in!
Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Look after yourself and stay strong!

Thanks Lynne. I was a bit all over the place food wise yesterday, I think being sleep deprived over years of poor sleep (due to fibromyalgia) and then a completely sleepless night from Sunday to Monday dropped me into a bit of a hole yesterday. And although I slept much better last night, from sheer exhaustion probably, I'm so mega drowsy today, can barely keep my eyes open.

What I decided to do in the spur of the moment was to join WW online. I know it seems a bit radical and strange but it was on offer on that lovely voucher website for half price, £14.50 for 3 months membership. And I thought all I want is some clear ideas again on how to organise my eating, not counting points but just doing their simple food plan. I'll be writing things down and counting calories. But I know from counting in the past that I would end up eating a lot of processed "diet food" rubbish that was low in calories but really not good for me. And I don't want that coz right now my body needs looking after so badly. And although I know that Exante products give you the nutrition you need, I need fresh fruit :D

Anyway, that's my plan. It rarely works out as I plan it but right now I need all the crutches I can lean on (no offense haha!) and the reassurance that I'm doing what's best for my health for the next few months. I'm going to sort through my exante stuff that's got a longer shelf life and put that away for when I'm off treatment and will do half exante, half ww, calorie counting (that would make it a third of each surely *head scratch* )

Phew, you must be exhausted just reading this! You best have a little lie down hehe. I'm just living up to the title of my diary really.

Good luck with WW Bee, I really hope that it suits you and that you feel better for doing it - it's a very good plan to change a diet and choose one that is better for you.

Worth giving it a go Bee. Some of the meals are quite nice. It would still be good to keep track of the calorie count so that you don't get side tracked. x

Hi Bee
I've subscribed too under that offer. I think I need to refuel on sensible food at the moment in preparation for going back on exante full time when the weather improves. At the moment I'm so mixed up that I don't know what I want to do. Why don't we both do a stint of calorie counting until the end of March - we can do WW, exante or whatever we feel like but count calories and try to eat healthy? I'm up for it if you are. I really want to get back on 100% TS but have been struggling so much it will probably do me good to have a bit of a change, and it will take the pressure off. Let me know what you think. We could try for 1000 calories a day - or 1200 if you prefer.

Do what ever you need to do Bee :), diet wise.
Anything is better than nothing ;)
WW is a good healthy eating plan that really does help your portion control :), which is good practice for the future :)

I couldn't be bothered with catching one mouse a day, which is why I used bait. I just wanted rid of tgem ASAP !
None have ever come back into the house for me to dispose of. Maybe had they done I would have a different opinion :)

Have a good day Bee xx

Hi Bee, how you feeling today x

Hi Bee. How are you today? Hope you're OK.

Back