Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Hi Bee
I've subscribed too under that offer. I think I need to refuel on sensible food at the moment in preparation for going back on exante full time when the weather improves. At the moment I'm so mixed up that I don't know what I want to do. Why don't we both do a stint of calorie counting until the end of March - we can do WW, exante or whatever we feel like but count calories and try to eat healthy? I'm up for it if you are. I really want to get back on 100% TS but have been struggling so much it will probably do me good to have a bit of a change, and it will take the pressure off. Let me know what you think. We could try for 1000 calories a day - or 1200 if you prefer.

I feel exactly like you Lynne, all over the place and mixed up. I am going to sort through all my exante products and will use up the ones that expire soon as part of calorie counting/WW in March. I thought of having a pack of Exante as breakfast and the rest of the day do WW but write it all down and count calories.

I do want to get back to Exante 100% but I'm going home in April which I know will mean normal food. So I thought if I build up a month of good habits and lose some weight, it won't be a massive shock to the system then in April and I won't feel like I have deprived myself and go totally crazy there. And when I'm back, I'd like to give Exante another good go.

How does that sound to you? Fancy joining me? I'm going to weigh on Monday and start WW then. I know that with all the to-ing and fro-ing these last few weeks plus the meds I won't have lost anything so I'm not going to look at it as a weigh in but as a starting point again. I have three meals lined up with friends between tomorrow and Sunday and I know that even with the best intentions I won't stick to any plan. So Monday it is.

Do what ever you need to do Bee :), diet wise.
Anything is better than nothing ;)
WW is a good healthy eating plan that really does help your portion control :), which is good practice for the future :)

I totally agree Marge. It would be all too easy to give up, the way I'm feeling at the moment, I could just slip into old habits that were never really gone. So I'm going to give WW a go until I go home in April, it will give me a more positive mind set. Going back to destructive eating will not achieve a happier me, that's for sure.

How's it going Bee? :)

Not too bad Darcy thank you. I wasn't on here yesterday at all, had a mega long day and it took it out of me. But I do rely on this for support a lot so I'm really grateful that you keep tabs on me.

Glad to see you now have MFP Bee. It will make it so much easier for you to track calories etc.

Have a good day x

I totally agree Marge. It would be all too easy to give up, the way I'm feeling at the moment, I could just slip into old habits that were never really gone. So I'm going to give WW a go until I go home in April, it will give me a more positive mind set. Going back to destructive eating will not achieve a happier me, that's for sure.
No, it wont Bee :). You are quite right to do something that you feel you can achieve :)
You are going to stay here though aren't you ?

No, it wont Bee :). You are quite right to do something that you feel you can achieve :)
You are going to stay here though aren't you ?

Yes!! Definitely. Sorry I've been so quiet the last few days, it's just been mayhem here with leaving the house early and coming home late, it's been crazy so I haven't been able to post. But it'll get better now. I have had a couple of wobbly days, with totm approaching too and a lot of stuff going on. But I'm in a good place in my head and I'm ready to give it a good whirl with WW although I'll be using Exante for breakfasts for sure. Good to have the extra nutrients and I'm so used to the products. Hope everyone else is doing well, I hope to catch up with your diaries soon. xx

Good luck Bee. Happy to see you will still keep us posted on how you are getting on x

Excellent Bee :D
I think using up your products will keep you on track more too :)
Im really looking forward to your WW updates :D

Thank you, yes the basics of what works haven't changed. Plenty of posting, keeping a good record of everything, a case of mind over matter really. And I can see myself doing another TS stint when I come back from my family visit in April, just to put my weight loss hat back on properly :)

Hear hear. Have a good day Bee xx

I'm excited about weight loss again. The last few weeks have been such a bumpy ride with my health and I'm so tired from the treatment, I just want to cry sometimes. But the truth is that I know I have that positive place inside me that's got "determination" written on the door bell. And I am determined to make it work one way or another or both combined :) Just because one thing isn't really working for me at the moment, doesn't mean I'm giving up completely, that would be so silly. and something I have done too many times in the past.

It's all credit to you Bee for realising that it wasn't working for you and then changing it for something that does, I too would have given up but you haven't :)

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive Bee. WW is a good plan, and I'm sure you'll still get good results without feeling like you're pushing yourself too hard when you're doing treatment. Please still hang out here and keep us posted with your progress. Will miss your wee philosophical musings otherwise! ;) xx

Exactly Bee :)
As my mum used to say - There is more than one way to skin a cat ;)

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive Bee. WW is a good plan, and I'm sure you'll still get good results without feeling like you're pushing yourself too hard when you're doing treatment. Please still hang out here and keep us posted with your progress. Will miss your wee philosophical musings otherwise! ;) xx

Aw haha thanks! I've made it my proper first day today with mainly recording stuff on MFP and tracking calories but using the WW basics so I don't just eat low calorie diet junk but be healthy with it. It is rather strange to be thinking food again and a little bit scary too. But what with tracking everything I should see losses.

Just looked at your weight loss SM you're doing so well. Really pleased for your, weight is consistently going down.

I had a bit of a rude awakening this morning. After weeks of messing about between a couple of days on Exante, then low carb, then full blown cake sessions plus starting the meds I weighed in at 14st13lb this morning. Seriously, I could not believe my eyes. And I just thought, right this is IT. How much more damage to I have to do to myself to realise things aren't working. So Day One of the count down before going home is TODAY. Again. Pathetic. But looking back whilst trying to go forward only ends up in a crash so I'm not going to look back and beat myself up. I know what I have done wrong. And the part the medication plays is something I cannot control so I'm not going to worry about that.

Exactly Bee :)
As my mum used to say - There is more than one way to skin a cat ;)

Haha, that always makes me laugh. And very true. I think when you have a major problem with food like I do, the bad habits I have built up over years and years are like deep inroads in my mind. And they completely govern the way I would think, the way I would feel, and then based on those thoughts and feelings I would make decisions. Foodwise but also otherwise. And those inroads are so deep that I can't help but just walk in those paths. And whenever I would start a diet, I would approach it with the same obsessiveness that is part of how I think and make decisions. So rather than trying to climb out of those inroads and level everything and make a fresh start, I start making new deep inroads for myself, "diet inroads", but that means that I just transfer from one obsession to another. And then, when the diet inevitably fails due to self sabotage, I have only one way to go back to. My old binge inroads. That seems to be the T-junction in my head. Either one turning or the other. Neither of them good I'm afraid. I thought this morning what I would really like to achieve as my end goal is not only a certain weight loss or a certain shape or fitness level or improvement to health. Yes, I want all of them. But the overriding thing that would make all of them possible would be to stop being obsessed. Either with overeating or with dieting. But eat and live like a naturally slim person. Does that make any sense at all? Oh dear. Too much strong coffee this morning I think :D:D I better stop now.

Makes perfect sense Bee. If it ain't working try another way. Slower but surer. Keep looking forwards Bee, track your calories & enjoy planning your food , I'm sure that is the road to success for you. Coming on here will be your back up xx

Hi Bee, good luck with WW xx

Back