Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

I'm counting calories at the moment which I started on Friday. So far the calorie counts haven't been that good but I was actually 3lb down this morning. I got quite a lot of walking in today ( have done 15572 steps so far ) so hopefully the weight won't come on again overnight. I'll probably go back on TS in April. Until then I'm trying to eat sensibly and have been eating things on the WW site. I'm not doing WW points or anything though - just counting calories on MFP. My sister and her husband are doing WW in Philadelphia!

That makes it so much easier Bee if you don't feel under pressure :)
Keep plodding on with what you're doing :)
When is your next WI ?
Or are you waiting until you go away ?
:)

Its not good when you pressure yourself. Very few people at all know I am dieting too - I can't stand the looks you get when they haven't seen you in a week or two - the look up n down in a 'I thought you were on a diet' kinda way.... its like they expect you to half your body size overnight! So much so only a select few who I know won't judge me no matter what - less pressure on me then :)

Keep at it Bee if its working for you :) Hope yours friends Dad is sorted soon x

I'm counting calories at the moment which I started on Friday. So far the calorie counts haven't been that good but I was actually 3lb down this morning. I got quite a lot of walking in today ( have done 15572 steps so far ) so hopefully the weight won't come on again overnight. I'll probably go back on TS in April. Until then I'm trying to eat sensibly and have been eating things on the WW site. I'm not doing WW points or anything though - just counting calories on MFP. My sister and her husband are doing WW in Philadelphia!

Sometimes making that plan of starting Exante or something else at a certain date can take the pressure off a bit, gives you time to get your head into gear again.
Funny that your sister and husband are doing WW as well! I think I will cancel my membership as soon as the three months from the offer are over, I have found it useful to use it for guidance and structure and I do use the message boards a bit too. But other than that, unless I switched to counting points, I don't have much use of their website or the app.

That makes it so much easier Bee if you don't feel under pressure :)
Keep plodding on with what you're doing :)
When is your next WI ?
Or are you waiting until you go away ?
:)

No, my weigh in is tomorrow! I'm cautiously optimistic :) Have been feeling much better this week, had this one big loss at the beginning and my loo and poo habits have been so much better, I feel human again (you really wanted to know this didn't you. Thought so.).
Update on the rapid lash: Unless this is the placebo effect and it's all in my head, I think I can already see a difference in my eyelashes. They seem fuller and less fragile. Whoop!!

Its not good when you pressure yourself. Very few people at all know I am dieting too - I can't stand the looks you get when they haven't seen you in a week or two - the look up n down in a 'I thought you were on a diet' kinda way.... its like they expect you to half your body size overnight! So much so only a select few who I know won't judge me no matter what - less pressure on me then :)

Keep at it Bee if its working for you :) Hope yours friends Dad is sorted soon x

Yes, I agree. I never make a big deal out of dieting. Whenever someone would offer me something to eat, I would just casually say I don't fancy anything, don't feel like it, blabla, rather than saying I can't.
And if they persist or ask me if there's a reason, I say something along the lines that I'm finding I feel much better and sleep much better too cutting certain things out like refined sugars. And just leave it at that. It's not really anybody's business. And at the end of the day, I find if I don't make a big fuss about saying no, it rarely leads to a big drawn out discussion. I just politely refuse :)
My friend's Dad is poorly. I think about him all the time, so worried, he's been like a Dad to me especially since I lost mine. And he's in a hospital that's a good hour's drive away from here so I won't be able to go as often now. But will again tomorrow night.

Such a beautiful, sunny day today. The weather in itself motivates me to make more of an effort diet wise. I think darkness and cold and wet equals need for comfort and if you have a problem with food, then that's the comfort you get. But light, bright fresh days don't really make for a big need for comfort and I feel that straight away.

Sometimes making that plan of starting Exante or something else at a certain date can take the pressure off a bit, gives you time to get your head into gear again.
Funny that your sister and husband are doing WW as well! I think I will cancel my membership as soon as the three months from the offer are over, I have found it useful to use it for guidance and structure and I do use the message boards a bit too. But other than that, unless I switched to counting points, I don't have much use of their website or the app.

Same here. I might see if there are any good recipes to print off first.

Such a beautiful, sunny day today. The weather in itself motivates me to make more of an effort diet wise. I think darkness and cold and wet equals need for comfort and if you have a problem with food, then that's the comfort you get. But light, bright fresh days don't really make for a big need for comfort and I feel that straight away.

The weather motivates me too Bee. It is so much easier with longer, brighter, warmer days.

Yes, I agree. I never make a big deal out of dieting. Whenever someone would offer me something to eat, I would just casually say I don't fancy anything, don't feel like it, blabla, rather than saying I can't.
And if they persist or ask me if there's a reason, I say something along the lines that I'm finding I feel much better and sleep much better too cutting certain things out like refined sugars. And just leave it at that. It's not really anybody's business. And at the end of the day, I find if I don't make a big fuss about saying no, it rarely leads to a big drawn out discussion. I just politely refuse :)
My friend's Dad is poorly. I think about him all the time, so worried, he's been like a Dad to me especially since I lost mine. And he's in a hospital that's a good hour's drive away from here so I won't be able to go as often now. But will again tomorrow night.

I'm the same Bee and don't mention the diet and if they do persist my fall back is that I'm cutting down and not doing snacks, that usually works okay x

Love this! Lovely positive post and so true :D

This summery weather is also a taster for what we feel now, and what we could feel like in a few months - even better!

You're doing so well Bee, good luck for WI xx

Love this! Lovely positive post and so true :D

This summery weather is also a taster for what we feel now, and what we could feel like in a few months - even better!

You're doing so well Bee, good luck for WI xx

Thanks ED, feeling stronger and more ready to do well these next few weeks and start working on some good new habits. I felt so wobbly and fragile before and everything seemed a major effort diet wise. Now I'm thinking I actually need that energy to get me through every day and food should be my fuel for it, not take centre stage. I got into this really emotionally strenuous place in my head where all I could think about was doing well with my diet. Whilst that is important, it can't take precedence over giving full attention to family and friends and life's responsibilities. It has to become part of life's responsibilities, taking care of myself whilst taking care of those I love.
(Blimey, I should make cheesy wall calendars)

Bee you are doing smashing :)
A good frame of mind will keep you going :D

That's great Bee :D
Looks like you have found your mojo :banana dancer:

Well done Bee. What a brilliant result & a great source of motivation. So pleased for you xxx

:wow: thats brilliant!! Well done you - really chuffed for you! :D

Back