Ramblings of a Bee on Exante

Well done on your loss hun :) It'll come right if it was the veggies filling you up - on the upside the veggies should help you :sick0019: too! lol

Like you say 9lb is excellent. Stick with what you are doing cos its working well for you Bee xx

Well done on your loss hun :) It'll come right if it was the veggies filling you up - on the upside the veggies should help you :sick0019: too! lol

paha, yes definitely! Life has become so much easier hehe.

Weigh in this morning at 14st5lb so my 2lb loss from a few days ago is still there but haven't lost anymore. I'm quite happy with that, it's 9lb down in two weeks so I can't complain. I do feel like I have actually lost more but I had a massive vegetable dinner last night so I wonder if that might have affected my weight this morning simply due to the volume of it, not the calories. Might take another peek in a couple of days.

You're doing really well Bee, as mentioned already the veggies will keep you going ;) xx

FAB! FAB! FAB! On a roll Bee!

Well done Bee :D

Thank you thank you :) I've only got two weeks until I'm going away and my plan is to lose another 3-4 lb until then but have my current weight as my "top" weight for when I come back. I have to be realistic, going home for two weeks and having lots of catching up meals with friends and family will mean I will gain a bit. But at the same time, I do aim to be sensible. And being the only big one in the family (so unfair huh) makes me think if I eat what everyone's eating and no more than that, I should really be able to more or less stay the same? Or is that wishful thinking...

What I would say is enjoy your holiday but don't go mad? Logically after denying yourself on exante, any food will feel like a treat so treat it as that and have a little less? When I ate last week, I would have the big juicy steak but then only salad with it (although believe me I wanted all the trimmings like everyone else!) but I didn't feel like I was overly missing out cause the steak filled me anyway. You can always pinch one of someone elses chips and onion rings - cause one is better than one portion! lol

I hope that makes sense instead of me sounding like a rambling loon (like normal!) lol x

Just eat sensibly Bee & remember how hard you have worked to get to this stage. That way you will still have fun.

You must be so excited now Bee. I remember when I went to visit my sister in Australia. I was so excited all my plans to sleep on the plane went out the window. Took the next 2 days to get over it xx

Hola Bee. How are you doing? Have you started packing yet? I never pack until the last minute!

No I haven't started packing yet, I have planned some outfits but because I'm taking the car I can just chuck in whatever really. It's only ten days till I'm leaving and I'm so mega busy until then, it does freak me out a bit, very little time to sort things out.
Dietwise I have been managing alright, had a bit of a foody weekend but not overboard. I have been baking that blasted banana loaf which I tweaked ( I never stick to recipes) and it is rather good though I say so myself. The trouble is, it is very bread like and I cannot be around bread. On Saturday afternoon, I made a loaf and literally ate a third of it straight away. I didn't eat anything else that day so calorie wise I should be ok. I'm taking it easy, just filling up on veg and bits of everything else, but in moderation. And my jeans are quite loose and I generally feel alright in myself so it seems like I'm going in the right direction.

I'm glad I've been managing to stick to healthy eating, I've been feeling so rotten with the treatment I'm currently on, comfort food seems to be the obvious choice for temporary relief but I do know that it would just make me feel worse. Physically and emotionally. So that's a no no. Hope you're all getting on well, sorry for being so quiet on here.

Sorry Bee, is that the banana cake recipe I posted? it was orginally called banana bread by the way, but the name put some people off as they think it will be like a white tin loaf with banana in and thats not good lol I change the recipe all the time by the way, with flavoured yogurts, various fruits, coconut and chocolate - rarely seems to go wrong too and I always get a moist yumminess out of it. Likewise I try not to make it though or I eat it lol Bet you are looking forward to your break now though? :)

Yes it was your recipe ;) I worked out by the way that, making it as per instructions with the quantities stated, the whole loaf comes to around 1600cals which isn't too bad really coz a couple of slices are very filling and basically replace a meal.
I made it with zested orange, lime and lemon peel and almond essence, it was amazing, very moist. Made quite a few batches to give to friends who were all raving on about it.
I will make it as travel food for the journey, I am very much looking forward to it now, cannot wait for the break and change of scenery, I love travelling and driving and it's been a while since my last road trip (a package holiday to portugal doesn't count!).

Hi Bee. Sounds like you're doing well. Not long till your holiday now! Keep eating the healthy choices and you'll be slim and glowing when you go xx

Haha aw Lynne, you are an optimist, aren't you hehe! Well, just a flying visit here but just to update my weight, I forgot to weigh in yesterday, weighed in at 14st2lb this morning so another 3lb off. I'm so chuffed, cannot put it into words really.

Well done Bee, a good loss there :).

I love the sort of holidays where you can just chuck everything in the car. You are going to have so much fun catching up with your family :greenapple: x

Back