Ramdom question!! Does lemsip cold and flu tablets have syns/calories???

pesty

Fighting the bulge
Hi,

Ive had a horrible cold and have been taking lemsip cold and flu tablets.

I lost 1lb at WI but was expecting a bit more as i worked my butt of last week. My friend (also on SW) told me that i may not have lost as much because cold remedies have lots of calories in them.

I thought this was only in their liquid form?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks
Pesty
xx

i think some medicines do but they are normally considered free as its important to have them if you need them,so as not to put people off

In capsule form they're free but the hot drinks (Lemsip etc) have 2 syns each. Yeah it sucks but if you're really feeling bad you'll easily sacrifice 2 syns!

Get better soon, no doubt you'll have a fab loss again next week, all the best,

Thank you for your kind words!! Hopefully im on the way up - ive spent the last 2 days sleeping and eating SW soup and casserole lol i could have 7 sachets a day then!! lol

Oh I wish I could take them. I would willingly sacrifice any number of syns right now for a nice hot Lemsip and honey. But some of the pills I take have a bad reaction with one of the ingredients in Lemsip and other similar things, so I have to suffer in silence. Well, not exactly in silence - I think they can hear me coughing and sneezing in the next county!!

You know hot sugar free lemonade (heat in the microwave), with a squeeze of lemon, gives you that lovely Lemsip feeling without Syns or reactions. Take with paracetamol
If you like it with honey (yuck) it may be worth the Syn values!

Well, not exactly in silence - I think they can hear me coughing and sneezing in the next county!!

Haha that made me laugh!!! Sorry you cant take anything - hope your feeling better!!

I know what you mean, im having to share a room with my mum at the moment as my sister has come home with the new baby and ive kept them up all night!!! I would feel bad but its normally them keeping me up! One plus side to illness - REVENGE!! HAHA

I like hot diluting orange when I am bunged up along with some co codamol hope u feel better soon xx

Haha that made me laugh!!! Sorry you cant take anything - hope your feeling better!!

I know what you mean, im having to share a room with my mum at the moment as my sister has come home with the new baby and ive kept them up all night!!! I would feel bad but its normally them keeping me up! One plus side to illness - REVENGE!! HAHA

Yes, quite a lot better, thanks for asking!

Back