Raquel's daily diary.......my new life starts here!

Honey, please don't beat yourself up... you hadn't had many cals at all up until then, I bet you are still under 1000. Big hugs and back on that wagon... I've been guilty of much worse!

xxx

hi racquel, how's your day going today?
hope it's been a good one
xx

Hope you're OK honey... thinking of you.

xxx

Hey all

Thanks for the check up Lelly

Day has been ok....

So far
Breakfast - pear and soy milk coffee
Lunch - lettuce and celery and cd bar
Arvo snacks - pieces of choc (ok not on the plan I know!) apple and a pear.

Plan for diner - tofu and stir fry veg, strawbs and froz tetra or cappucino shake

So yeah, being the lovely teacher as I am decided to do something fun with my kids this arvo. Our end of year performance is Willy Wonka, so I decided to tell the kids that Willy Wonka had created 5 new chocs and we had to decide the best one - be taste testers in his factory, comment on them, do a class tally on the best and make a graph on the computer. The chn had a ball and I - having no control, joined in and taste tested too - Did not binge though and not feeling negative like I normally would as I did not go overboard or do anything I'm ashamed of.

Anyway - looking forward to another day of 1000cal. Really interested in Skinny Bit"£ that I have been reading, very interesting

Raquel xoxoxxo

So dinner last night, I was so stuffed and bloated I could not fit im strawb and my last shake. Gonna try harder today to spread it out properly and eat more regularly. Feeling positive! Busy night with running a club then tutoring 2 boys. Will post later on. Have 2 lovely day, looks like a warm one :)

Morning Racquel, the choccy game sounded like great fun, wish i had teachers like that in my day!!
Have a great day hun!
x

Well done on the choccy will-power, wonder if I will ever get there... too scared to 'test' it! Your menus with all that gorgeous fruit have me wanting strawbs and peaches and pears... sigh! Perfect summer eating.

xxx

Hey all, really good day so far. Nearly 2.5 litres water down already. Went for 3km jog with colleague at work, did not kill me as much as I thought, turns out im fitter than what I thought I was. Tomorrow we are gonna extend it to 5 km. And have worked out our route already. A lot More productive way to use my lunchtime I think. Anyway, food so far. Breakfast- pear and soy milk coffee, lunch- lettuce, apple and shake. Planning to eat another apple now on way to tutoring, am so hungry so need to ward off that craving! What a lovely day. I hope everyone had a nice one.

Grrr... So the story with me and the scales is that I got to an addiction poin with them, weighing obsessively! So my boy hid them. Last night I got him to get them from their hiding spot cos I had not weighed im a while. Now I have got myself in a bit of a mood because I have lost nothing, possibly even put on 1lb- hard to tell as my scales are not digital. So this weight is putting me just on and slightly above 10 stone. So basically, im having a sook and hoping that this will keep me motivated. Can you lose weight on 1000 cal? Bit bummed cos I felt good this week in myself.

Hon, you WILL lose weight on 1000, and part of that is the extra carbs & cals rev up your metabolism a bit. When I slowed down or stalled, moving up the steps/cals always 'jogged' things but it did take a week or so to happen, as your body adjusts.

I am a bit scared to say because I don't want to upset you hon but I am quite worried you are not eating anywhere near 1000 cals, it is mainly soy latte, lettuce, apples & CD products? You DO need a small carb like rice, pasta, potatoes or sweet potatoes, and maybe more protein also? I am the world's worst person at adding up cals so I might have this totally wrong, but I know I ate more than you are on 1000 when I was at that point. I am just worried that you haven't actually increased cals & your body feels like it's starving & so is hanging on to every last fat cell. Does that make any sense? If I have this all wrong and you are eating more than you are posting, then please ignore this... I am just a bit worried for you hon.

xxx

hiya hun, you should still lose on 1000 hun, as katy says make sure your getting your cals in, enjoy the 1000 programme it's great,

hope you have a fab weekend

xx

Hey everyone, the maintenance thread seems busy busy this week which is lovely. Katy, I do agree that I am possibly not eating enough, more so for the first 2thirds of the day, then I get so hungry I eat what I feel like, or non 1000 plan but still reasonably healthy. The weekend was so busy but good. Pause food choices ok, had my first break at 4pm, so was starving, but did not do too bad. Sunday I was at a festival all day, had a couple of drinks and was not unhappy with how I ate but did not eat according to plan. Yesterday ate reasonably well, I had some tortillas with humous with my boy at hyde park instead of a second shake and fruit. Hope that evens out calories a little. Anyway, think I might have a tuna salad for lunch, and a smaller portion chicken quorn salad for dinner. Maybe I am better to split my protein portion? Make me less hungry? Anyway off to catch up on newbies threads.

Hi Hun

Well done on getting your head into the right place.
You will lose on 1000, just got to keep perservering and battling through (which I know is hard sometimes too!)

Make sure you do eat all your calories though, you still need the carb option to bump it up to near 1000. I kept forgetting my carb portion for a day here and there in the last week and thinking that may just be a reason why my loss was so bad. Looking at your plan for today, you def need a carb for tonight or lunch hun.

Hope you have a lovely day.

Claire xx

Hi there, I have been hovering around maintenance for a while and have just started my own diary.... my hubby is Australian and my inlaws came over yesterday, they are currently in Manchester with hubbys brother and girlfriend and we should be seeing them soon...
You have done really well with your weightloss, well done... I hope to be at goal soon but am losing motivation quickly, stupid really when such a small amount to goal. I read your maintenance diary with great interest as I will need all the help I can get once I get there... have a great day.....

Hey all, today is going quite well so far. So far - breakfast- museli and soy milk. Lunch- lettuce, small tin tuna and balsamic vinegar. Snack- cd bar. Have not had enough water, but it is now 6, normally this is around the time I cave and eat things I should not, so so far so good. What a brill day in london today, loving it! Anyway, will post again in morning how night went. Thanks for reminder alex, always forget carb. Green eyes, welcome! Although I am on maintenance mines not a good thread to read for inspiration, but maybe you can learn from all the mistakes I make! Wish I could !

So, last night was ok. I had half a small danish, but did not have last shake. And then for dinner, it was 10 by the time I ate I was ravenous. I had quorn, sprouts and zucchini, couscous and some tandoori curry powder. Was Yum. Feeling positive for the day, planned meals. Should be another hot one!

Sounds like you had a good food day AussieRaquel, definately hot here again today. Looking forward to moving up to 1000 as I love couscous, can see me eating that often....

Well I had a weird afternoon today, food wise. Breakfast- museli and soy milk, coffee. Lunch- lettuce, tuna and balsamic vinegar. Afternoon- packet of unsalted raison peanut and milk choc peanuts. Now I now it was not on the plan, but I felt like them and made a choice to have them. Well, strangely, I was so sick after work - vomiting and all- from the peanuts! Not sure if it was the weather, or my stomach was angry with me for eating them or what. Anyway, havent been able to keep anything down since. Tried to cook and eat tea, but could not do it. I am really shocked that I got sick from something so small, I normally before cd would have been able to eat double that. Anyway, lesson learned! Stick to the plan raquel! Haha.

Hope you are feeling better today hun! i think this weather is making everyone feel a bit strange, we're not used to it over here!

Have a fab day hun!

x

Hope you have recovered now and are feeling better, could have just been the weather, my little boy was sick Sunday morning after having football trained in the sun on Saturday, at least that was what I put it down to as no one else was ill.

Back