Raquel's daily diary.......my new life starts here!

That thali sounded fab.... sigh!

xxx

Oh what's thali? It sounds nice.

Congratulations on the 7th anniversary Raquel! xx

Just wanted to say hello,now i have 5 mins spare! Sounds like you are doing so well. I love the way you have something 'off plan' yet can still get back on top of things and not let it turn into total derailment- a lesson i am trying to instill in my head at the moment for the times ahead. Its so useful to see how others cope......Hope you have a good day xx

Hi everyone

Blah....thats sums up how I'm feeling right now....

I feel like I;m in a constant struggle with my body, my mind and my eating.

One minute I;m great, next minute I'm eating a calorie packed mince pie and a coffee with cream! (I think you guys put mince pies in my head by the way hahaha)

Anyway, I am getting annoyed cos even when I have really good days, calorie controlled, healthy foods, feeling satisfied, the scales are not budging.....I guess thats good cos I'm maintaining..but I dont really want to be maintaining at this weight, 5 kgs lighter, yes, but not where I am now.

I know half my trouble may be lack of water, maybe i;m confusing thirst with hunger.....secondly, this weather, so depressing. And lastly - as mentioned before, I'm an emotional eater.....soon I'm going back to aus, leaving all my new friends behind, leaving knowing I might never walk through this market, that street, go to these shops, see this park etc....and its making me feel a bit numb....a bit depressed.....so what do I do to make me feel better, eat a mince pie. Only it doesnt make me feel better, only worse.....

ahhh.....this is so frustrating.

You girls are all so motivating, yet I still feel in conflict with everything

Big hugs Raquel, not having such a great day myself, and know how you feel. It's crazy that no matter how much we know about emotional eating, it still feels like we are switching off all logic and being taken over by an impulse bigger than we are... hard, so hard, to step away from that pattern and use the things we have learned.

London is fab, but Aus is too... see how you feel when you return. And if you want to come back here, you can... in the age of Facebook etc you can keep hold of your London pals and keep your options open about the future. But so many fab things about going home, surely... and the weather is only one of them!

Take care hun and keep smiling...

xxx

Last edited:
Aww Raquel, I understand exactly how you feel about the scales not moving down, but you are doing very well to maintain you know, that's just great.

The move home will be unsettling, but as Katy says you'll be able to keep in touch with everyone on line....it's a big change though, I do understand. x

Thinking of you, hope you feel more in control again soon, must be so hard when life is otherwise so stressful xx

Hey Racquel, How are you doing hunny??

Hope you're getting on ok and not feeling too down!

Hugs to you
xx

Hi trying hard to get in the right frame of mind.

Today food wise was good
Breakfast: Museli, tub of organic strawberry yogurt and tinned strawberries in light juice.
Snack: Banana and alpen light bar.
Lunch: Smoked salmon and light soft cheese sandwich (grain bread)
Cappucino and biscotti
Dinner: 1/2 carton soup with wholemeal pita (toasted)
Dessert: Piece of ww carrot cake.

In all around 1200 cals, which I am happy with. Feel good, not hungry.....trying to be positive but feeling a bit stressed still and it is impacting my perception of how I look and feel in regards to my weight.

Oh well, hoping that tomorrow goes smoothly eating wise like today.

Thanks for the messages

Raquel that's fab... love the menu too... you are doing great. Day by day is the only way to do it.

xxx

Hey Racquel, well done on the great day!
agree with Katy, one day at a time and all that!
Have a lovely day!
xx

Hey everyone

Thought I better check in and write on here.

Still not feeling the best at the moment, but I had not forgotten about minis and check everyones diaries every morning, just not feeling like posting, sorry

Feeling pretty poo at the moment, going home next sunday, spent day packing and sorting out my things, really hard to decide what I want to keep and what I dont after settling here for nearly 2 years.

Eating wise, I am all over the place, no plan, no routine, eating for comfort, and feeling crap about how I look and feel, but know now there is more influencing the way I am feeling than just my food.

When sorting through clothes, found a dress I wore only 4 months ago, a size 12 which does not fit properly, that makes me sad......I know its only a case of getting back on track for a month or two to get back into it, but my mind is not calm enough to do that at the moment.

Feeling in a rut still, but know that once I get home, settle, into a routine, back to my gym, etc....that I will be fine. Just in the meantime, I get embarrased to go out, see anyone, cos I dont feel good in myself. And also am meant to be visiting my old work, where this time 5 months ago I was a stone lighter, now - I feel like they will be thinking told you so, knew she couldnt keep it off, etc.

Give me a couple of weeks and I should be back on here properly and settling into a normal routine, sorry for my absence, I havent been a very good minis friend ...

Hey Hunny, poor you...you must be feeling all over the place at the moment with preparing for home, its so understandable!
Go easy on yourself you have had a rollercoaster of a time since finishing your job with all the travel and temp job, as soon as get home as you say you'll be back in a routine and things will calm down with food.
And don't worry what people think of what you look like hunny, if they are people who care about you then they won't be looking at you like that...would they? and if they are not then their opinions don't count at all!!

Do all the things you want to do before you go and don't put off seeing people you really want to see as you might regret it when you're back home and then are too far away to do it.

We'll all be here to help and support you when you're there too hun, we're not going anywhere...gotta love t'internet eh!

Cheery up now hun and look forward to being home amongst the family and friends who miss you!

xx:hug99:

Raquel, please don't feel that... you're lovely and have been a fab support to many of us. We have all had major wobbles hun and lots of us have hit the depths with those struggles. Wish i could send you a big hug and do something to make you feel better. I can see that the leaving is making things impossible just now, you need to go easy on yourself for a little while.

Please keep posting, don't vanish. You can't fail if you keep on fighting.

The threads are quiet today but I know I'm not the only one who will feel this, and who will want to help... hang on in there. You can do it.

xxx

Aww hun, feeling for you. Sounds like you've got loads of reasons for getting a bit derailed. Hope things settle down quickly for you, and you can start to feel focused again on yourself. Hugs xx

Raquel, can't add anything to what has already been written, but echo what everyone else has said. Thinking of you and sending hugs,xx

Back