Raspberry Leaf Tea

kellymarie3488

Silver Member
Hey ladies just wondering if any of u have used RLT or those that are pregnant are planning on using it? I used it with my daughter and im pretty convinced thats why i had such an easy labour and birth but i dont have anything to compare it to either!? xx

I drank 40 cups of it!!

Don't know whether it did anything as I also had 5 sweeps and ate 9 pineapples... BUT I did have Alyssia on her due date and could have gone 2 weeks over - so I WILL be drinking 40 cups with the next one!!

Xxx

i will drink it but am waiting until 37 weeks to start. i don't know an awful lot about it, but that's when people seem to start drinking it...?

I took the tablets rather than drinking the tea and think i took them from 36 weeks, my daughter was a week early but what they say the RLT dosnt bring on labour but is does ready your body for labour strenthing your uterus muscles making the contractions more effective and softens your cervix making labour faster. I mite try the tea this time as i will be through summer and ill cool it in the fridge...mite be quite refreshing!? xx

All the evidence based research I've read says 32 weeks is fine. I've started taking the capsules now, just 1 400mg tablet a day for a couple of weeks and I'll start upping it at 34 weeks until I'm taking 4 a day.

It won't trigger you in to labour!

i think us ones that were taking it and had our bubs before EDD were just lucky! i really do think it works tho and ive if it dont help its full of vitamins and minerals so cant be bad! xx

i was so paranoid about this bump staying put early on i don't want to tempt fate and have her come early, ha. although saying that. ask me again at 41 weeks :D but i will be happy taking it from 37. just in case :)

so do any of u ladies that have now had your babies think the RLT helped? xx

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but I didn't take it with any of mine and I've had 3 the first came on her due date 2nd was a day late and 3rd came 2 days early! They come when the're ready! well that's my opinion anyway x

Its not meant to make baby early or on time just strengthen your contractions making your labour shorter and make your belly go back faster once u have had the baby and full of vitamins and minerals alos. My first was 1 hour from active labour and 4 hours from my waters breaking 6 days early. x

I will be taking the capsules in the next few weeks, might start around 34 weeks and then up the dose every week or something, I think anything is worth a go! x

I used the capsules, from waters being broken to pushing I was about 2 hours, pushing took 5 mins or so. Did they work, I'm not sure but I used RLT with all my pregnancies, the only 1 which was long labour (11 hours) was my first - which I think is to be expected, others ranged from 3-7 hrs.

I used the capsules, from waters being broken to pushing I was about 2 hours, pushing took 5 mins or so. Did they work, I'm not sure but I used RLT with all my pregnancies, the only 1 which was long labour (11 hours) was my first - which I think is to be expected, others ranged from 3-7 hrs.

I have had very similar experience to this, as far as I was aware it helps predominantly with the pushing stage, and even in my 1st and longest labour the pushing bit was the easiest bit and only took 10 mins max each time. Can I just ask if there is any difference between drinking the tea (yuck) or taking the tablets and do they come in different strengths? I have always drunk the tea which is disgusting by the way and will consider taking the tablets this time if they work just the same?

I took the tablets with my first and my active labour was about an hour and 3 pushes and she was out! that was with me starting with 1 tab a day at 32 then increasing untill i was on 6 a day that was with 400mg strength tabs, from holland and barett. xx

Thanks for that, will def be taking them from 32 weeks and sooo glad I don't have to drink the disgusting tea (or maybe it was just the way I was making it LOL)

Back