rats?

weemissnaughty

Silver Member
Hiya just a wee quick question - does anyone have pet rats? I was looking at some today and REALLY want them (by the time i'd thought about it and decided shop where i am getting the cage had shut!) does anyone recomend them as pets? or NOT recomend them lol?
xxx

My middle daughter has two rats. I was very wary of her having them as we have had hamsters in the past which were so noisy at night. The boys, as they are collectively known, are better than I thought they'd be. They are very gentle when you handle them and taking food from you. They love running around the sofa from person to person. I'm very impressed behaviour wise but they stink. I think it's because they're boys and their wee is stronger smelling. My daughter is really lax with cleaning out their cage and so her room is smelly too. But we're all happy.

I had a pair of rats some years ago,they are great pets,in comparison to other rodents they dont bite, and they are very intelligent.

you can teach them tricks.i taught mine to run along a tight rope,beg for food and use a swing in their cage :D

they are sociable too,i suggest you handle them a lot and get them used to you, i have heard of pets rats that havent been handled,basically left in a cage and have turned very anti social and a bit aggressive, almost like reverting to a wilder state :rolleyes:

enjoy your ratties :D

xoxo

Back