Re starting after putting on 2 stone, need support

sez666

lose lose lose
Hiiii all,
I Started Cambridge diet in August 09 and within 6 months i was down to my goal weight 10st 10lb and i thought i would skip the rest of the steps and go straight back on food in moderation, but unfortunatly soome of the weight creeped back on and i am now 12st 12oz and absolutly mortified after paying all that money,
so i restarted on Tuesday 15th and so far i am doing brill, I have tried restarting b4 but i found it really hard,
Its now Sunday night and i have stuck to the ss+ 100% and I really want to get to 10 asap,
I am Turning 30 this July and would be very happy to reach 10st well before then.
just getting a bit bored with the shakes, has any body any good ideas that could make me stomach them??:D

Welcome back hun, I did exactly the same, skipped the all important working back up the steps part thinking I'd be fine alone. I'd gained a stone then went back to it but a holiday in the US and Christmas meant I gained another 2st 5lbs so I right there with you fighting it off lol.

I've now got 2st 9lbs to get to target again. Good luck and pop over and have a browse of my diary if it'll help, there's a few of us regulars on that thread.

I can't post a link to it but if you look in the CD Diaries Section it's Operation Showgirl - Stand Up And Finish What You Started.

Good luck you can do it!!!!!

Welcome back hun, I did exactly the same, skipped the all important working back up the steps part thinking I'd be fine alone. I'd gained a stone then went back to it but a holiday in the US and Christmas meant I gained another 2st 5lbs so I right there with you fighting it off lol.

I've now got 2st 9lbs to get to target again. Good luck and pop over and have a browse of my diary if it'll help, there's a few of us regulars on that thread.

I can't post a link to it but if you look in the CD Diaries Section it's Operation Showgirl - Stand Up And Finish What You Started.

Good luck you can do it!!!!!
Thanks hun, I am not alone then i see lol
I think its so hard restarting but if we stick together i think things will seem a little easier, I have 40lb to lose so am hoping it wont take forever!!

I have done exactly the same. I did keep it off for nearly 2 years, but a nasty divorce etc saw me revert to all my nasty habits again. I to, have 40lb to lose and my goal is the end of May. I am sure its possible by then!
To make the sweet things more palatable I put cinnamon on the porridge which I make by adding psyllium husks to the sweet powders, and then whisking briefly. The CD porridge I leave relatively unadulterated. The savoury soups I add dried herbs, and let them soak a few mins before I eat it!
My tastes this time around have changed. I think I want more soup!

thanks for advice hun, i will give that a go in the morning, i cant belive i never thought of that haha,
My taste has also changed, i never use to mind the shakes but now they make me almost sick, i think when i get my next lot i will just get more soup and porridge, x

I have done so well this week. I also started on the 15th. Tonight I have has a cheese blow out. I broke a bit of the block... a bit too much considering. Why do we do this?

I have done so well this week. I also started on the 15th. Tonight I have has a cheese blow out. I broke a bit of the block... a bit too much considering. Why do we do this?

OOOOh cheese is my downfall i love it,
I have my weigh in tomorrow so i am hoping that i have a good loss because this will give me incentive to be 100% for the the second week,
fingers crossed,
x

You're doing really well!

Once a 'blowout' would have meant a lot more than a hunk of cheese! Give yourself credit for how far you've come.

Good luck to all xx

weigh in today i hope i have had a good loss, I had a chip with sweet n sour sauce on last night, ooops and a wine gum of the kids , I cant believe i did it lol ,
hope it didnt knock me out of ketosis, :O(

I got weighed today, only 4lb...... BUT my first week is a bit like that, I will probably do another 4lb next week too. I KNOW all I have had is the cheese, so it's just me. Mind you I did go into ketosis on the 2nd day, as I had been cutting down a bit before, so probably not too much around my liver. Well thats my theory anyway!

As for the chip.... I wouldnt worry too much. If its not much over the carb allowance then the K fairy shouldnt disappear for too long!

I got weighed today, only 4lb...... BUT my first week is a bit like that, I will probably do another 4lb next week too. I KNOW all I have had is the cheese, so it's just me. Mind you I did go into ketosis on the 2nd day, as I had been cutting down a bit before, so probably not too much around my liver. Well thats my theory anyway!

As for the chip.... I wouldnt worry too much. If its not much over the carb allowance then the K fairy shouldnt disappear for too long!

4lb is brill, just think of what 4lb looks like as solid fat, its a lot
I had my weigh in last night and managed to shift 7 1/2 pound, i was made up, i will prob only lose a couple next week though, thats how it usualy works for me,
well done hun xx

seven and a half pounds????????????????
THAT IS AMAZING!!!

Well done! I just dont know what to say to that! I have never done that, but what a feat!

seven and a half pounds????????????????
THAT IS AMAZING!!!

Well done! I just dont know what to say to that! I have never done that, but what a feat!

Thanks Hun,
I was shocked when she said i lost 7lb , dont think it will be any where near that next week
Been a bit naughty today,
Had a huge bite of my daughters left over jam and cream cake with frosting all over it, I feel really guilty , cant believe i did it,
i was doing sooo well too, oh well will see what the scales say on tuesday, :O(
:(

One bite isnt going to destroy a weeks worth of dieting!! What might is the guilt and then the 'sod it' that might follow! The only way is down for us all, so onwards and downwards!:D

Regarding making your packs more tasty/interesting check out the stickies on the opening page of this forum.

You will find a load of recipes to make muffins, crisps, slushies etc! Go for it lol x

Back