Re-starting for the final time, this is it!!!!

Welcome back Hun, we're all here to support you x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck for this week, i know how hard it is to stay/get back on track. Most days are a struggle for me.

Well I have come to a decision with the help of my psychologist. I am going to stop taking the xenical. I had been thinking it for a while anyway, its just not working for me. She is a big believer in eating right for mental health. So this includes eating oily fish like salmon and nuts and seeds all of which can't be eaten with xenical. She wants me to include more good fats into my diet and reduce salt and sugar. Avoid white flour and processed foods. It all sounded so right. I am not to cut out carbs either once I am having good carbs from bread, pasta, rice and potatoes etc. I hope no one minds me sticking around here still as I couldn't bare to leave you all. :'(

sounds like a sensible option for you hun. its funny how much oily fish helps us, i've been making the effort to eat more of it and have seen a change with my anxiety.
xoxox

Hardly any of us are taking it anymore!! Stay with us rach as days like you've made a sensible decision!

Xx

Thanks ladies. I feel great now I have made this decision and I definitely think it's the right one. Even if it means the weight comes off slowly I don't mind once it starts going in the right direction.

Pr my psychologist says fish oils are great for anxiety. I am so glad it's helping yours :)

There is a book called escape the diet trap by dr John Briffa, he came in to my work & I had a meeting with him & this is his way of eating too. What he said made a lot of sense x

There is a book called escape the diet trap by dr John Briffa, he came in to my work & I had a meeting with him & this is his way of eating too. What he said made a lot of sense x

I will look out for that. Sounds like an interesting read. I am feeling so excited about this lol. Sound crazy don't I.

Not at all - I think it sounds like really good advise !

Oh definitely! I've just stopped taking it because you're not supposed to take it if you've got gallbladder problems. I've also read (a bit late, lol) that it's been known to actually cause gallstones, though that probably wouldn't have stopped me taking it even if I had read it before. But I'll still hang around here, like everyone else does!

I really hope making these changes helps you to feel better. :) xx

Oh definitely! I've just stopped taking it because you're not supposed to take it if you've got gallbladder problems. I've also read (a bit late, lol) that it's been known to actually cause gallstones, though that probably wouldn't have stopped me taking it even if I had read it before. But I'll still hang around here, like everyone else does!

I really hope making these changes helps you to feel better. :) xx

I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago. I get terrible upset stomachs even if I haven't had anything fatty so could be that me and the xenical just wont get on. Are you in pain with gallstones? I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone.

I hope these changes work too, thanks Tracy.

Thanks ladies. I feel great now I have made this decision and I definitely think it's the right one. Even if it means the weight comes off slowly I don't mind once it starts going in the right direction.

Pr my psychologist says fish oils are great for anxiety. I am so glad it's helping yours :)

Good decision Hunni xx

Thanks lisa hun :)

still going to count calories but this way if I want a slice of cheese I can and I can have salmon which I absolutely love and mackerel too. I won't feel like I am missing out on anything.

Yup totally agree hunni x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Rachgleeson said:
I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago. I get terrible upset stomachs even if I haven't had anything fatty so could be that me and the xenical just wont get on. Are you in pain with gallstones? I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone.

I hope these changes work too, thanks Tracy.

I'd say I'm in intermittent pain and frequent nausea, really. I'm off to the hospital on 15th July, so fingers crossed I can get it removed - it's amazing how many people I speak to on here who've had theirs removed! I have seen quite a bit on the web about Orlistat not being a good idea if you've got no gallbladder, so that probably is another good reason for you to stop taking them. They really don't increase your losses that much, it's mostly down to our own efforts anyway, so I know you'll do just fine without them. :) xx

Back