Re-starting for the final time, this is it!!!!

I'd say I'm in intermittent pain and frequent nausea, really. I'm off to the hospital on 15th July, so fingers crossed I can get it removed - it's amazing how many people I speak to on here who've had theirs removed! I have seen quite a bit on the web about Orlistat not being a good idea if you've got no gallbladder, so that probably is another good reason for you to stop taking them. They really don't increase your losses that much, it's mostly down to our own efforts anyway, so I know you'll do just fine without them. :) xx

You would wonder why my doctor prescribed them to me really. I hope you get sorted soon - it was such a relief when I got mine removed. My eyes had actually gone yellow from it.

I do agree that we put most of the hard work the tablets were just a deterrent really.

Rach I used Lexie's book to do a comparison between John Briffas way of eating and as red plan. If you pm me your email address ill email them to you. They were very similar but John briffa was cleaner in that it obviously has no processed stuff in it. It was good

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Rach I used Lexie's book to do a comparison between John Briffas way of eating and as red plan. If you pm me your email address ill email them to you. They were very similar but John briffa was cleaner in that it obviously has no processed stuff in it. It was good

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's really interesting :)

Rach I haven't used Xenical for a VERY long time like a lot of people around here. People with gall bladder problems are "female, fair, fat and forty" Sound like any of us? Most of us are female and fat, lets face it so we're half way there!
Rach, the eating plan sounds like it might just be what you need so that's great, I wish you all the luck in the world with it. xx

Rachgleeson said:
You would wonder why my doctor prescribed them to me really. I hope you get sorted soon - it was such a relief when I got mine removed. My eyes had actually gone yellow from it.

I do agree that we put most of the hard work the tablets were just a deterrent really.

Well I don't know how official the stuff is about it being bad if you don't have a gallbladder, but it certainly makes you wonder. Orlistat is actually banned in the USA, so a lot of the critical sites seem to be American. Who knows?! Sounds like you had really bad problems with yours. I don't have jaundice, but am getting pain in my right side and, as I said, frequent nausea and just feeling yuck. My boss has been really good and has let me work at home for a while, but I really need to get it sorted. :) xx

Well I don't know how official the stuff is about it being bad if you don't have a gallbladder, but it certainly makes you wonder. Orlistat is actually banned in the USA, so a lot of the critical sites seem to be American. Who knows?! Sounds like you had really bad problems with yours. I don't have jaundice, but am getting pain in my right side and, as I said, frequent nausea and just feeling yuck. My boss has been really good and has let me work at home for a while, but I really need to get it sorted. :) xx

I didn't realise it was banned in America - they must have good reason for it. I was terrible with the gallstones, I would be vomiting for days. My doctor let it go on too long. You do need to get it sorted before it gets any worse. Keep at your doctor till you get sorted. Xx

Rachgleeson said:
I didn't realise it was banned in America - they must have good reason for it. I was terrible with the gallstones, I would be vomiting for days. My doctor let it go on too long. You do need to get it sorted before it gets any worse. Keep at your doctor till you get sorted. Xx

Thanks, Rachel, I will keep on at them! This is one of the articles I found that specifically mentioned gallstones:

http://www.worstpills.org/public/page.cfm?op_id=71

I just realised I was wrong, by the way, it's not banned in the States, there have just been a lot of people saying it should be - my bad!

I know you'd never take anything if you paid attention to all the on-line stuff, but this one was quite interesting to me in light of having just been diagnosed with gallstones after nearly two years on Orlistat, lol. :) xx

Last edited:
I think it actually says on the leaflet that comes with xenical not to take if you have gallbladder problems.

All going well so far today, lunch was multi grain seeded slimbos ( like a square burger bun) with prawns, lettuce, tomatoes and spring onions. Yummy. I think tea is going to be brown rice with salmon, peppers and mushrooms and a small bit of chilli sauce.

Rachgleeson said:
I think it actually says on the leaflet that comes with xenical not to take if you have gallbladder problems.

All going well so far today, lunch was multi grain seeded slimbos ( like a square burger bun) with prawns, lettuce, tomatoes and spring onions. Yummy. I think tea is going to be brown rice with salmon, peppers and mushrooms and a small bit of chilli sauce.

Yes it does say it on the leaflet. Not sure how that applies if you have no gallbladder though. :) xx

I am not sure either Tracy, the pharmacist here said she wouldn't recommend it but my doctor never said anything. :rolleyes:

Alison it was lovely I had raw spinach with it too, really nice.

Going to have some natural yogurt in a bit as my calories for the day are really low. Maybe add a bit of watermelon and multi seeds.

Thanks kb.

Kind of feeling nervous allowing so much fat back in to my diet.

Lunch was multi seeded slimbos with lettuce, spring onion, tomatoes and sardines in tomato sauce.

Tea is mackerel, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, new potatoes in philadelphia simply stir, mushrooms and goats cheese. I am still within my fat allowance on mfp. I know I am eating alot of fish its just been so long since I had any of it. :)

Back