Ready for giving up!! :(

Whiteybitey

I just don't think I can do this anymore!! :( I've been on the diet now since 8th august so coming up for 2 months and all I lost is 5.5lbs!!! :O

I started off really well and in 4 weeks I lost 9lbs. But the last 4 weeks I've gained every week in total 3.5lbs. The only thing that has changed is that I've started attending a bootcamp class and my leader thinks I'm turning fat into muscle but I'm not convinced! Im still 2 stone away from goal so its not like i dont still have a bit to lose. It's so demoralising to go to class every week and be told you've put on when you've worked your butt off. I honestly wouldn't mind if I was staying the same but putting on is a total joke!!

Any advice? I'm seriously considering quitting and joining lighter life cos the rate in goin I'll weigh 1stone heavier by Xmas!! :(

your leader is probably right, if you're doing a bootcamp then you will be gaining muscle and it weighs more than fat. You need to think about your health. have you tried measuring yourself to see whether you're losing inches because thats more accurate if youre attending a bootcamp, the other suggestion i have is why not get one of those scales where it tells you your body fat percentage,water percentage and muscle as well i think , keep going it'll be worth it in the end, good luck , let us know how you get on

Ah hun, don't give up! I think your leader is right, you are probably just building up more muscle. Its not a bad thing :) Like kaz has said, measure yourself as you go along and see if your body shape is changing. I'm sure that once your body adjusts to the hard work of bootcamp you will start to lost the pounds again. Good luck and keep it up!

Kell x

Hey whitey
Please don't give up, the problem with scales is that they weigh everything in your body not only fat, which includes water weight. It is well known that when you work out your muscles they retain water during recovery which can be the cause of your gains.
i just wanted to point out that muscle doesnt weigh more than fat, after all 1lb is 1lb but try to think of it as a 1lb of feather vs 1lb of gold, the gold will take up much less space than the feathers, so the previous suggestion to measure inch loss is a great idea as it shows your making progress even if the scales arn't moving.
Please stick with the ww and exercise as this will help you to build muscle which will boost your metabolism so you burn more calories even at rest, whereas if you do a VCLD you will not only lose fat but muscle tissue too and therefore reduce your metabolism.

Dont give up hun! If you are exercising then it may just take a bit of time for your body to catch up with whats happening ... xxxx

Thank you so much for everyone who's replied!! :)

I kno that it probably the exercising and I need to give it time, I took my measurements last week and hopefully I'll see some results that way.

I tend to use my 29 daily points and usually most of my weeklies although never touch my activity points. I do think I have become a bit lazy with drinking water so will try and drink alot more and see if that helps too.

I honestly really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply and give me a good old kick up the bum cos I was feelin sorry for myself. Here's to a loss at some point over the next couple of weeks, either on the scales or on the tape measure!! ;)

Xxx

Good luck honey, you can do this :) xx

Back