ready meals

graciebabes

will hit target this time
looking through some of the threads and posts on here, it seems to general concesus is that people don't really like the weight watchers ready meals, whereas i bloody love em :D

thought it might be useful to put on here the ones people like (if any!) and the ones to avoid.. apologies if there is a thread for this somewhere else, i'm a bit useless with this whole forum thing!

so, some of the ones i like:

chicken tikka massala with corriander and basmati rice - really yummy, great for a curry fix and feels quite naughty! have found there is rather alot of chicken in this one, compared to some of the others i've tried. at 10 propoints it's lovely with a 3pp mini naan bread! this one even gets the boyfriend's seal of approval ;)

sausage and mash - seem to be good quality sausages, and although if i was to cook sausage and mash i'd probably have double the portion, i am always satisfied with the amount there! 9 propoints for this one

tomato and basil chicken with potato wedges - this is just all round yummyness, and feels very indulgent as you get alot of wedges! this one is 6 propoints i think off the top of my head

and some of the ones i will be avoiding:

beef lasagne - sickly cheese sauce, hardly any meat, doesn't hold it's form, very sloppy, and i always manage to burn my tongue on it haha! :D

spaghetti bolognese - liked it the first few times i had it, but then began to taste like the tinned spaghetti you get in tomato sauce. bit disappointing when you're craving pasta! could be just as low points to make your own and limit your portion. 8 propoints for this one

so what does everyone else like?!

I love the pizzas, the red thai chicken curry with jasmine rice, and the sweet chilli chicken with thai sticky rice :)

I really like the frozen chicken tikka masala....not too spicy and quite creamy although definetly not enough of it lol. I also like the chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce with pasta. This used to come with potatoes but they changed it to the pasta which is rubbish as I cant eat it now (have a wheat intolerance).

I like the chicken hotpot, beef hotpot and the pizzas. Also i buy the Tesco light choices minced beef and potatoes, that is yummy and only 5pps which is even lower than the ww meals.

The chicken and lemon risotto is nice (and filling) for ? ProPoints and the basil chicken & wedges is lush.

I quite like the chilli and wedges too. Not keen on the chilli chicken and thai rice personally.

I tend to have them at work because it's an easy to do meal and fills me up till at least 5pm ish :)

i like the ross spinach and ricotta cannelloni 8pp and only £1 in iceland's at the mo

makes a nice change

oh i'm in love with the chicken hot pot,,my freezer full of them oh and the chilli wedges,,i usually add a chicken breast to the wedges,,yum

M&S do a range of meals for one. Not especially advertised as low fat but they do have the 'eat well' sign on the packaging. One of my favs - Roast pork slices with creamy mash, carrots and broccoli, and gravy - in the oven for 6.5 discover points. Yum.

it's actually quite a long while that I don't buy any ready meal... except pizzas and soups! I buy mostly pizza express mozzarella for my boyfriend and some of the 11pp pizzas from ww for me. I also buy when I go to ASDA the 6pp pizzas that they sell, very handy when you don't have time to cook.

However, previously I used to like chicken lasagne, shepherd pie, fisherman's pie, M&S count on us Chilli con Carne, ww chicken in tomato and basil sauce with potato wedges, ww quiche lorraine 8and any type of quiche) and a couple of others I can't remember now... *sighs*

I recently started to cook almost everything from scratch and only use things like fish fingers, goujons or mince and onion pies for my boyfriend when I don't fancy cooking (I would have a light mozzarella on those days...)

I like the chilli wedges, and chicken hotpot or beef for that matter usually bulk them out with veg, have a ww spicy chicken pizza in the fridge for tomorrow, hope it's nice

Had a ww tagiatelle last week and it was lovely again bulked it out with some salad

Wowwwee glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the ready meals, looking on here I was beginning to think I was the only one!

That red thai chicken curry sounds nice, although I'm not sure if I like the sound of jasmine rice, hmmmmm...

Few things to add to my shopping list I reckon thanks girls :)

Back