Ready meals!

Thanks for sharing those photos, Dollygirl! They actually look quite nice - like proper recognisable food, unlike some ready meals. I'm impressed!

Please update us, everyone, on what they taste like. It's a bit of a trek to my nearest Iceland, so I'll only bother if the consensus is that they're yummy.

Thanks for the pics! Think I'll wait until friday afternoon, the rush might have slowed down but I imagine most people will go at the weekend. Tactics are key ;)

Let us know how they taste!

Dipping the syn free sausages in tomato sauce right now.

These are a game changer, feels like I'm cheating - very nice!

They look really good. I'm not one for ready meals, I prefer to cook from scratch! then you know exactly what's in your meal but, for days when you are late home or when it is shopping day and there's nothing in, I can see they'd be great!

Good they have the recipes on the sleeves too so we can recreate them from scratch, if we like. Glad to see a few favourable comments on here about the sausages as I've just seen two comments on Facebook saying they were really dry and one person said they could only manage to eat them, when eaten with the meatballs! :O Guess everyone has different tastes and can't wait to try a few of the ready meals (including the sausages) for myself. Must say, they'll be handy to take to work, if I've nothing left over from the night before.

Kathy

Our consultant brought the Sweet Potato Curry to class tonight for us to try. I thought it was really nice. One thing I did like was that the only thing on the ingredient list that I wouldn't use in my kitchen was the sweetener - there were no dodgy "flavourings" or E numbers. I probably won't buy it myself as I prefer to cook from scratch, but I think they will be a good standby for people in a hurry.

I had the sweet potato curry last night and my mum tried the vegetable pasta. They are decent sized portions and we both loved them and will be definitely having them again.

Hot smokes salmon farfalle,,, was very nice and tasty, quite a big portion, would definately buy again !

Yep, I also had the hot smoked salmon farfalle for my dinner tonight - delicious and a generous portion. I will definitely buy again. I have the sweet potato curry and veg pasta in the freezer for another night, can't wait to try them.

Mixed reviews for the sausages on my group's FB page - some say the skin is a bit dry and tough when oven cooked. Still want to try for myself when I get the chance!

I didn't like the sausages either. Dry and tough, I grilled them. I won't buy them again.

Has anyone managed to buy the meatballs in a bag yet?
Please let me know what these are like when you do.
I'm in Spain - but we have Iceland and they have said they will try to get some in - and I love my meatballs Italian style in pizzaola sauce :)

I had the meatballs and pasta the other night and thought it was really good :) today I had the Singapore noodles and didn't think too much of it; bit watery and the noodles quite thick.

Really want to get some meatballs on their own thou :)

I wasn't a massive fan of the Singapore noodles, didn't read they had a curry sauce till I actually had them! The meat in them was lovely though, prawns were good.

My mum and I have both just finished the Beef in red onion gravy and veg crush. The meat is very tender, melts in the mouth almost and it's a decent sized portion. Mum thought the gravy was too strong. I thought it tasted ok but was very watery which put me off a bit. I would buy again to keep for an emergency. The store didn't have any sausages or meatballs. The sales assistant said they have been overwhelmed at just how popular the meals are proving to be and they are struggling to keep up the demand even with deliveries 3x per week.

Back