chorizo sausage
tin chopped tomatoes
eggs
petit pois
red pepper
asparagus tips
herbs, seasonings etc
and any other free food you feel like throwing in

Evening chicas - I used my list for tonights tea and here it is.
Huevos a la Flamenca

Huevos - Ingredients.JPG . . . . Huevos - Result.jpg

The full recipe is here
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/215644-huevos-la-flamenca.html

But basically fry onion, garlic (I used jamon serano bits instead of ham so fried these too).
Add a 400g tin of chopped tomatos and simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce the tomato sauce.
[I had to use 2 tins of whole toms chopped up. As I discovered hubs had used the chopped ones! Toms only - hubs drank the juice]

Meanwhile cook your frozen petit pois and asparagus spears for about 2-3 minutes.
Cook the red pepper in a microwave for about 3-4 minutes and then reomove the skin and slice into strips.
[I cheat and buy it ready skinned and sliced in a tin!!]

Add chorizo to the tomato mix with some smoked or sweet paprika, plus salt and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Split tomato mix between 2 dishes and make 2 wells in each dish and break an egg into each well.

Sprinkle the peas round the edge, place asparagus spears and red pepper carefully on top and add a bit more salt & pepper on top.
Cook on medium heat (180c) for about 10-15 minutes until egg whites set but yolks still runny.

Serve for lunch as is - or as we did tonight with some lovely fresh WM bread as my HexB.
Yummy and very filling!

This is a recipe from my Spanish cook book - a speciality from Andalucia. I've tweaked it a few times to get it to where it is.
It's supposed to have artihokes in as well but hubs hates them.

*sidles back in, in sackcloth and ashes*
I've been, ummm, awol for a bit.
Would you lovely people possibly allow me back???

Veg packed lasagne!

The mince was browned and then a sauce of passata, roasted red pepper, spinach, fried onion, mushroom, courgette, garlic, mixed herbs and smoked paprika were a all blitzed and mixed into the mince with some marmite.

1372103474623.jpg

You can't really see the 'bits' but it had flecks of bright red and green through.

Layered with lasagne sheets and topped with fake sauce (fat free fromage frais whisked with egg, s&p, mustard powder) and hexa cheese

Lush!
1372103576942.jpg

Lasagne looks yummy Minky.
How do you find the fake sauce? I've tried it a few times on both lasagne and moussaka and have to say I'm not that impressed.
It just sort of "puffs" up and I fint that it's a bit stodgy to eat.

Sometimes its ok, depending on if I cook it with a foil cover or not. I personally prefer heating up kerry low low cheese and spreading that over (60g hexa) and then top with 30g cheddar. 2 hexa's, 2 portions = 1 hexa pp.

I just didn't have any low low in :( thats far more tastier! Xx

Tonight I'm doing another RSC meal and this one is with chorizo! So looking forward to it! Had a slice last night and the flavour is just oh so nice, must start using it more because I love it xx

I've prepped dinner for the boy to put in the oven while I'm at skinny club.

Chorizo chicken vegetable bake
1372183268055.jpg
Take whatever veg you wish and chop to roughly the same size chunks

Spray liberally with frylight, season. I then chuck on smoked paprika cause its lush :D
1372183275696.jpg

Butterfly your chicken breast, place slices of chorizo and mozzarella in the pocket

1372183288091.jpg

Skewer shut
1372183294687.jpg

Bake veggies for an hour (depending on what veg you choose but carrots n swede take a while!) And then 20 mins before the end add your chicken.

Will show the finished product after WI when I can finally eat it :) xx

That chicken sounds lovely. Must give it a go - but no chorizo in house here at the mo as I'm having a "strict" week.
have drifted out of target range - big time - and need to get rid of the bloat.
So having a red week with no syns in food. I need to keep them for my vino :8855:

Here is the finished product. Was lovely but the boy overcooked the chicken - 5-7 mins less and I reckon the mozzarella wouldn't have seeped out or the chicken would have stayed moist (bless him, he doesn't cook much :D)
1372223595908.jpg

1372223608045.jpg

Was still good and we both really enjoyed it xx

Looks amazing - may well have a go at the weekend and booger the syns for the chorizo :8855:
I'll probably due on a huge base of mediterranen veg - carrots and parsnips don't quite appeal to me at the mo. Too hot for winter veg!
I also sprinkle balsamic vinegar as well as the oil on the veg - oh and loads of whole garlic cloves. tasty!

Looks amazing - may well have a go at the weekend and booger the syns for the chorizo :8855:
I'll probably due on a huge base of mediterranen veg - carrots and parsnips don't quite appeal to me at the mo. Too hot for winter veg!
I also sprinkle balsamic vinegar as well as the oil on the veg - oh and loads of whole garlic cloves. tasty!

I used the oil that had come out of the chorizo to pour over my spinach ;) if I've synned for it I should ruddy well have it!!

I love garlic, although my colleague recently said she could actually smell it on me so I have cut down :giggle: x

I too love garlic, my favourite is garlic paste I get it from the Asian shop, it's the future, not too sure of the syns, but there are none when I use it, lol. Years ago I used to work with this guy & every time I had garlic, he'd nudge me & say 'somebody's been having garlic, it's ok I don't mind', but I knew he did, sometimes I'd have garlic just out of devilment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we came to Spain my idea of how much garlic was needed in something like as Spag Bol was may be 1 clove.
Now I put a MINIMUM of 2 cloves per person in things! It;s the Spanish way.
So my sweat probably smells of garlic all the time as it goes into virtually everything!

Back