Ready to start again

thanks hunca,
I keep writing it all down in the hope I can unravel it all when looking back later on. if I have a poor /good loss I can look and see if there is something I can change/keep the same. We do have the same starting weight i'm just a few bike rides ahead :)

Thanks Hunca,
trying to log as much as I can then I can look back to see where I've gone wrong/right lol.
We do have the same start weight i'm just a couple of bike rides ahead:) you'll soon catch up.
lol I have a stutter posted twice lol

day 32

Day 32

Well if i'm on a bike ride on this journey, I now have some company, well done to Hunca and Kd superb losses this week xx
We're now those pesky cyclists in lycra that take up the whole of the road, that you have to wait ages to pass in your car lol

Day 4 of this week and usually the height of cravings/ temptation. Touch wood, not so far. Last shift today of 7 with the quick night shift turnover. So am more than ready for a lazy chill out day.

Have a good day all xx

update:
oatmeal - banana mousse- cottage pie/cabbage jelly - chocolate shake
am absolutely shattered off for a long soak and early bed, someone else can walk dog.Am so glad shifts are finished

Last edited:
Ha Ha sojafay the image of me in lycra right now is enough to make anyone stick to their diet plan lol Glad to be pedalling beside you all.
But yes ur r 100% right we r on the bike ride of our lifes & u know if we get a puncture we'll repair & get back on. Enjoy ur day x

Day 33

Day 33
Well its a beautiful day outside, sun shining but....
Life has thrown me a curve ball. My lovely wee mammy had to go for a bladder scan yesterday and they've found a tumour.
We have a 3 week wait until she goes to see if they can remove it and grade the tumour. We are all devastated and very frightened for what the future holds for her. She's a real wee fighter and god willing will come through this. My auld Da is terrified but you can see him picking himself up for the fight to be by her side, heart breaking. We are lucky In that there are four of us with our own families who are all very close and involved in their lives and they in ours. So plenty of love and support.

So my priorities are all changed, she comes first, I will try to keep going but might be a bit erratic at keeping on the diet and at posting. keep her in your thoughts for me xxx

Aw sojafay Im so sorry to hear about ur Mum :cry:U just do what u feel is right for u at any given moment and don't be too hard on yourself. My husband has suffered from bladder cancer for 12 years. He had the initial tumour removed back in March 2001 (on Mothers Day while I was pregnant with our 2nd daughter) & despite several reoccurences & a course of BCG treatment ( which I wont lie about was pretty horrendous for him) he has been clear now for the past couple of years. 6 monthly check ups r done though which is great. My thoughts r with u and ur family and I pray for a positive outcome x

Oh Hunca your family has been through the mill, Bless you for sharing it, it has given me hope xx

Day 36 week 6

Pleased to say 3lbs off.
I haven't really been as strict at the end of this week in watching my water or how many packs or weighing the veg just kinda went through the motions.
But this is a new week so gonna really try.
I'm in the 16 stones, the lowest I got last time was 16 :06 so that's the next mini goal to get past that.

Hope everyone is doing well, have a good day xxx

Update: café latte - oatmeal cookies - cottage pie/cabbage jelly- chocolate shake
and a 4 mile walk

Last edited:
Well done sojafay that's great. Thinking of u and ur family x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

day 37

Day 37
An overcast day here not very promising, so gonna have my walk first before It decides to rain. -
3 miles done
Have a pile of ironing and recorded tv to watch so two birds with one stone. -
done
Have a bit of sewing on a bed cover i'm making to finish it
Have painting a bedside cabinet to do -
done
Have 4 750ml water bottles in fridge to drink - done

Lets see what I can cross off tonight lol

Have a good day all xx

Well 3 out of 4 aint bad
café latte - chicken noodle soup - cottage pie/cabbage jelly - chocolate shake
can still taste the noodle soup yuck not a favourite but gotta use them up

Last edited:
U'll smash that list to pieces no bother x
I'm just back from a 6.5 mile walk and now to tackle the ironing.

Day 38

Day 38
The early morning fairy woke me again grrrrrrrr
So thought i'd get my new order in but having trouble with website so just going to wait til 9 and phone it in.
looking forward to having the mint choc shake.
Got my swimming costume yesterday so planning to dip my toe in the water soon, kinda ironic want to go swimming when its too wet to walk Doh!
Finishing this week will take me to halfway through the first 12 weeks yeah, who would have believed it

Have a good day all xx

Last edited:
Hope you got ur new order placed ok. Trying any different packs this time round? U did fab with that list ystdy :D I had my weeks packs sorted out and the rest were still in the box but I've swapped and picked all week that I'm left with 3 chilli's for rest of day lol. Off to sort out next 28 packs. Im finding the banana shake leaving quite an after taste this time round. Loved it last time but can see me going off it this time. Isnt that funny lol

Yip order in Hunca, have been using packs I got last year, just out of date but used a vitamin and mineral tablet and an omega 3 fish oil.
Think i'll continue with the supplements cos last time I tended to get a lot of cramps and none this time:)
Only thing new for me is the mint chocolate, I have a hot chocolate shake every night tends to help with my sweet tooth, I make it sometimes with peppermint tea so this will save faffing about.
I love the banana made into a mousse its like custard, wonder if you can get vegetarian gelatin? just it gives you a different texture for when you get bored.
I loved chilli at first but I can feel myself going off that, poor you with 3 left:(
yeah my list done well yesterday ended up a lazy day today though, just a walk and a little shopping.

i'm wondering what to do about a 50th party on the 30th august, so 2 weeks away ,halfway through week 14 roughly. Don't want to waste the momentum I've got going but so feel I deserve a wee drink . Choices choices lol
Anyway hope you've had a great day xx

Day 39

Day 39

First, big congratulations to all the Friday weigh gals Way to Go xx

Day 4 of this week, my usual craving high spot, so plan to keep very busy and fall into bed exhausted so I can beat those pesky cravings. "Rashin Fashin Rick Rasterdly"
Have to stay in till 12 for delivery, then off for walk, then meeting friend for a yap and some shopping, might check out those kettleballs at argos Hunca.
Tonight is Friday night take away club at my cousins house we usually take turns hosting it but I've avoided it, making shifts my excuse. I miss the people though and all the family gossip lol so am braving it tonight. I thought if i'm not handling it I can leave early saying i'm night shift and gotta cut and run we'll see.

have a good day all xx

café latte- oatmeal cookies- 2 eggs/salad jelly - choc mint shake

Last edited:
decisions made

1st decision - i'm not coming off plan for 50th birthday party, will be into 8th week roughly, 2/3rds of 12 week journey. the food isn't interesting me so i'd be coming off for the sake of a night of alcohol really, then would probably eat because resolve would be lessened. Just not worth it.

2nd decision- I'm going to invest in a vibration plate exerciser, autumn and winter round the corner I can see me walking less and haven't started the swimming yet. Gyms are just too scary at the moment. Two or three people have mentioned them to me for toning up and swear by them. So that's gonna be my Huge treat for reaching 2 stone off.

if anyone uses them or knows about them i'd welcome any information or opinions

ty all

day 40

Day 40

Yes yes yes survived the take- away fest. Was honestly not tempted, had just had my egg salad before arriving and was full. Did enjoy smelling all the spices must have looked a bit like those bisto kids with my nose a foot in the air lol.
Had a couple of comments about losing weight and looking well which has boosted my ego. But no grilling about what diet are you doing. Loved being back in amongst everyone and felt in control. Told tiny white lie about chugging my water, cystitis you know girls ;).
Then rolled home at 1:00am and had the lush choc/peppermint shake yum yum

Back on night shifts tonight, must remember to boost my water intake and take my tomorrow morning pack in case I get really hungry.
So day 5 of this week, on my bike coasting down the hill, ever vigilant for those pesky cravings and ready to kick em into touch.
Mini Goals
To re read beck diet solution by Tuesday and start toning exercises for week 7 -
done
To reach 2 stone off - done

Have a good day all xx

3 mile walk in rain with dog, rub down for him and lazy bath and snooze for me

caramel latte - hot banana shake - mussels and salad / jelly - dark choc truffa
have oatmeal for early morning if needed

Last edited:
day 41

1 night down 1 to go
Again didn't get time to get the water down, I swear sometimes you need a fluid bag up and a catheter in during a shift.
So its either drink now and be up and down to toilet instead of sleeping or wake up with a thumper of a headache Grrrrrr

hope its a sunny day for everyone xx off to bed zzzzzzzz

update
Woke up with a stinker of a headache, not enough water last night, lets hope for a quieter night tonight. I find nights really screw up my water and knowing when to start packs for next day.
Tomorrow last day of week 6 oh my gosh.
café -caramel - oatmeal cookie - mussels and salad/ jelly - truffa bar
oatmeal for morning

Last edited:
Day 42

Day 42
just wrote a long post and lost it so out of it all here's the bit sticking in my mind right now.

You know how you say to people Hi How are you, and they answer Fine and you, fine too you say.
Well I think fine is not just fine I think fine is bloody amazing!

Fine can be like us on a diet, thankful for each new day we have conquered. thankful for each day we pick ourselves up after a blip and start again
Fine is very thankful for that time when things are fine, and being able to pause and enjoy the small things of life.
Fine is coping with the millions of different stresses and obstacles in our lives but carrying on
Fine a small word to describe how we really are and what we are feeling and achieving.
So a toast, with s&s wine flavouring of course!
to all of us who are "Fine"

A good day to all xx

oatmeal cookies - café caramel - chilli/green beans/ mushrooms - jelly - mint choc

Last edited:
Week 7 day 43

Week 7 Day 43

Yes, Yes, Yes, 3lbs off and have reached 2 stone off and 10% of the weight I need to lose gone,over the moon.
What are the differences so far

I can comfortably walk a reasonable distance without huffing and puffing
I am melting out of dress sizes and re emerging in lower ones, I have a bag with clothes that are too big, sorry charity shops but I plan to put them on the bonfire on 5th November and celebrate.
I can use a bath towel instead of a bath sheet woohoo
I can get in and out of the bath easily
I can see my belly button instead of it merging into the dome that was my belly
My feet are not as sore after a shift of work, less weight on them
I have dropped shoe sizes too, old shoes that were too tight now fit
I have cheek bones again, I can put blusher on the right place again lol

I want to see more of these wonderful things, so I promise myself to keep reading them over and over so when times are hard and I struggle to go on I have something to motivate me.
I know I am an emotional eater so when something stresses me, I will not reach for food, I will write it down and use every trick in my box not to turn to food to comfort myself.

I now need a new set of mini goals to keep me going
read all my low carb books -
doing
Go swimming this week - doing
Start toning exercises with weights -
doing
get through the big family birthday bash
Lose 1/2 a stone

have a good day all xx

café caramel - oatmeal - salmon/salad-jelly - chocolate shake

Last edited:
Back