Real Popcorn!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by cpb353, 17 January 2011 Social URL.

1. cpb353

cpb353 Member

Made this for the first time yesterday.

Take 28g of Popping Corn (5.5 Syns) and throw in a brown paper bag.

Seal the bag with a little sticky tape and put it in the microwave. Cook on full power for 2 minutes (maybe a bit longer) until the 'popping' slows to once every couple of seconds.

Out comes REAL popcorn - no oil, no fat, no extra syns :)

Granted, it tastes better with real sugar or butter (syn these if you wish), but with a teaspoon of artificial sweetener, its not bad.

Made me feel I was not missing out when my wife and kids had popcorn whilst film watching.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's a great idea, wonder what syn free or low syn ideas for toppings we could use?
    xxx Looby

4. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    it isnt 28g of popping corn for 5.5 syns, it is 28g of POPPED plain popcorn for 5.5 syns.

POPCORN - plain, popped
    with out fat 5.5 5.5 5.5

5. dawnwynne

dawnwynne Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.64%)
    You could spray the popped corn with frylight then sprinkle on some icing sugar (synned of course...but it goes along way) for a sweet popcorn. Sprinkle season all or even dill on it.

I generally spray some butter flavoured frylight, sprinkle on the seasoning, shake well and repeat the spraying etc a few times to get all the popcorn covered. Very nice treat and 28gr popped corn is still quite a bit!

6. mr_boony

mr_boony Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    u can also do it over the hob in a sauce pan, if u use a clear lid u can see when all the kernels are done so no burning, use a low heatand a lid or theres popcorn all over the place! takes about 4 mins! mmmm!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.