Real Popcorn!

cpb353

Made this for the first time yesterday.

Take 28g of Popping Corn (5.5 Syns) and throw in a brown paper bag.

Seal the bag with a little sticky tape and put it in the microwave. Cook on full power for 2 minutes (maybe a bit longer) until the 'popping' slows to once every couple of seconds.

Out comes REAL popcorn - no oil, no fat, no extra syns :)

Granted, it tastes better with real sugar or butter (syn these if you wish), but with a teaspoon of artificial sweetener, its not bad.

Made me feel I was not missing out when my wife and kids had popcorn whilst film watching.

That's a great idea, wonder what syn free or low syn ideas for toppings we could use?
xxx Looby

it isnt 28g of popping corn for 5.5 syns, it is 28g of POPPED plain popcorn for 5.5 syns.

POPCORN - plain, popped
with out fat 5.5 5.5 5.5

You could spray the popped corn with frylight then sprinkle on some icing sugar (synned of course...but it goes along way) for a sweet popcorn. Sprinkle season all or even dill on it.

I generally spray some butter flavoured frylight, sprinkle on the seasoning, shake well and repeat the spraying etc a few times to get all the popcorn covered. Very nice treat and 28gr popped corn is still quite a bit!

u can also do it over the hob in a sauce pan, if u use a clear lid u can see when all the kernels are done so no burning, use a low heatand a lid or theres popcorn all over the place! takes about 4 mins! mmmm!!

Back