Realistic goal needed!!

Emmie Lou

Hello all, as i am so totally and utterly determined to get to goal this time, i have been putting a lot of thought into what my actual goal should be!

Now obviously i've been on the websites that tell you your ideal weight, but having never been a 'normal weight' ever, i dont want to set my sights too high!

So are there any other 5'4 girlies out there that will share their goals or actual achieved goals with me?

I'd love to hear your views/experiences!! :)

Hi, I too have never been thin so don't know what weight I should be, I'm two inches taller than you but am aiming for 11 and a half stone to see what I look like, my cdc is very flexible and realistic about not looking 'too thin' so I'd aim for 11 and see how you go xx great work so far, wait till your first weigh, then you'll be even happier xx

I'm only 5' 2" but I've set my first goal at 10% of my total body weight. According to health experts, you will start to experience health benefits by doing this. In my case, I've set that at 25lb - it doesn't seem unsurmountable that way. Once I've lost my first 25lb, I'll probably go for the next 10% - and so on.

Of course, I have a vague 'figure' in my head of where I'd ultimately like to be - about the 10st mark - but it's so long since I've ever weighed that amount that I'm not sure how I'll look as I approach it. At nearly 46, I don't want to look haggard or gaunt. So if I get to 11st and am happy with what looks back at me in the mirror, I'll stop there.

I want to be guided by my feelings and instincts - not by a 'one guide fits all' chart compiled by a pencil-neck in the NHS ... or an 'ideal' body type dictated by some 'luvvy' in the fashion industry.

I'm 5ft 2 and my BMI healthy range puts me in the 8's :O!

I'm aiming for 9st 7 to start off with, and as this is BMI 25 plus 1 stone i'll hopefully SS all the way down to it. Then i'll work my way up the plans hoping to settle at around 8st 12 xxx

Hi guys, thanks for your quick replies!! :D

At 5'4 we are supposed to be roughly 10 stone!!!! eeeeeeekkkk!!!!
I have NEVER been that weight except when i was about 12 maybe!!!

Obviously i'd simply love to be 10 stone, but i spose i dont really believe i can get there, even though on CD its totally possible!!

Mind you, i cant even imagine being 15 st at this present weight!!!

I think perhaps i'll set my first goal at my lowest CD weight which was 14st 1!!!!

only 5st 1 to go!!!! :cry:

Thats the way, set smaller goals. Why not aim to lose 10% of your current weight like russiandoll says....seems like a blooming marvy idea for me.

Im going to reward myself when i complete each of my mini goals. In the past, food was always my reward, i think i'll settle for a manicure, or a new pair of jeans or something though :D

I'm really liking the 10% idea because each time, your 10% goal actually gets smaller and smaller as your weight reduces.

I've worked out that to get from 253lb to 140lb (if I decide to go that far) I only need SIX mini goals, each one smaller than the last. In fact, the last goal will only be 10lb.

Doesn't seem so daunting eh?

Hi there

I'm 5ft 1 and originally set my goal at 10.7 to make it more achieveable this would have been 1st above my BMI25 weight. As I got close to it I revised my goal to 9st 6lbs which puts me on BMI25.

Gxx

Hi girls, I think thats a brill idea, im gonna work out my 10% losses and a treat/reward for each!!
Excited now, thanks!!!!:flowers:

Way to go Emmie!! You'll be at goal in no time doing it that way :)

(and out of pocket but SO WORTH IT!)

I've actually got a pair of size 14 jeans and size 12 jeans ready to slim in to, every time i feel hungry i have a little peek and remember why i'm doing this diet!

A new pair of sexy knickers every time you reach goal is a nice and not too expensive way of celebrating your new emerging body. Ooo err missus!! :D

Im 5'4 too and my goal has been a stone at a time. On Monday I was 11st 12lbs and my current goal is to get in to the 10 stone bracket, once there I ideally would like to then get to 9 stone but, to be honest once I get to between 9 and a half and 10 Im going to just decide how I feel and if Im happy will stick around there?

Hi all,
Just wanted to finish this thread off really and share with you my goals/rewards that i have worked out!

By taking the advice from this thread i spent some time on this and worked out that i will have 6 mini goals with a reward when i reach each!

272lbs - 10% = 27lbs =245---- ?
245lbs - 10% = 24lbs =221---- ?
221lbs - 10% = 22lbs =199-----Haircut (drastically)
199lbs - 10% = 20lbs =179-----False nails done
170lbs - 10% = 18lbs =161-----Facial, beauty session
161lbs - 7lbs ? will take me to llst, i will go from there then!!

:) :D ;) :) :D :rolleyes:

Im also putting a 1 per lb lost in a jar for the ultimate shopping trip in 'normal' non evans shops!!

What do you think? And any ideas for my first 2 goals? i think im struggling coz i know i still wont feel better about myself at those weights so wont be sure how to treat myself!!

Thats such a brilliant idea. If you like DVDs or books then thats a good idea cos it'll keep you occupied in the evenings. I always occupy myself by reading in a bubble bath - wooo!

I'm loving the £ per lb thing, i may do the same! xxx

You need to start with a range between 18.5 and 25 BMI

From the Cambridge Website

Weight Category BMI
UnderWeight under 18.5
Healthy 18.5 to 24.9
Overweight 25 to 29.9
Obese over 30

at 5' 4" you would need to be 10st 4lbs to be a BMI of 24.8

However, we do have to wait to see what you look like as you get to those lower BMI's!!

Hope all goes well for you

Hey Emmie Lou

You're starting out at exactly the same weight as I did 5 and a bit months ago and you're the same height as well.
I've currently lost about 6 stone (weigh in is in about an hour!) and am aiming for a goal of 10 stone per my ticket but actually after thinking - it would be silly for me not to aim for half a stone less which would make the loss exactly 50% of my original weight - sounds more impressive!

Good luck with your VLCD journey!

MM x

I am 5'4'' I weigh 10stone 8, wear size 12/14. My goal is 9 stone, or size 10. I really want to wear a size 10 clothes so think I will stop when I am in a comfy size 10.

Hi all,Im about 5ft 4 and I would love to get to 10 stone,to be a bmi of normal is all I want really,I would love to see the look on my doctors face,she is great and doesnt even tell me I should lose weight even though I am on blood pressure tablets but I would love her to weigh me and for me to be normal,well in weight anyway!!

Back