Really confused now...same meals different results

moo moo

Hiya everyone

My other half is also doing SW and it has helped quite a bit as we have had the same food...however this week I put ON 3 and they LOST 5!!! Im so confused now, the only differences we have are that I am doing exercise classes and weigh in Tuesdays, they weigh in Thursdays.
Has anyone got any ideas on what could be going on because I am gutted :sigh:

Don't panic and don't worry.

Now to state the bloomin' obvious. We are all DIFFERENT! (and unique!). That means EVERYONE's body will do and react in different ways.

Possible ideas...

Are you drinking enough water?
Are you weighing and measuring EVERYTHING?
If you're female (I'm assuming NOTHING) it could be hormonal.
Do you have a food diary?
Does your partner have more to lose?

Other than the above, unless you forgot to pray to the God's of the Scales on WI night, I have no idea.

I wouldn't compare yourself with anyone else. Different metabolisms etc make for different weight losses, and men lose so much faster than women!
To gain 3lb in my opinion, is one of 2 things, hormonal fluctuations or doing something seriously wrong (inadvertantly I'm sure!)

there never seems to be any rhyme or reason does there. Sorry it has happened for you - it may just be a complete blip - and next week you may lose the 5 and DP will stay the same, lose just a pound or hopefully not, gain a little.

All depends on the day too.

I have gotten up on a W.I day and been 'say' 2lb;s lighter than the week before - got to W.I to find that I stayed the same (happened 2 weeks ago) when I got home I weighed myself on my scales and they were the same as the ones at W.I - I had hardly eaten and drank all day long.

Then a couple of weigh in days I have eaten and drank -almost normally and got to class tofind I'd lost 3lbs which was TOTALLY unexpected.

Good luck for next week, don';t give up heart - I reckon it was JUST A BLIP.

oh and DH has stayed the same for the last 3 weeks despite sticking completely to the plan - he's really frustrated - he has a lot more to lose than I do and men usually lose a lot more and quicker than women? so we are at a loss as to what to do next for him.

Never compare your weight loss with the men, it's depressing frustrating and misleading stuff.

My husband eats the same meals as me, minus the veg and fruit, and will also eat about 30 syns a day. He loses about 1lb a day.

There's no point me getting upset about that, as I can't change it and trying to keep up or emulate that would be impossible.

I just concentrate on me and truck along.

Thanks everyone, I know I shouldnt compare but when theres a difference like that it's like a slap in the face!
I almost went out and did big cream cake sabotage but instead went home and did melon and yoghurt. I'm just trying to keep going with MY plan - the one thing I know Im not doing enough is drinking enough water.
But thanks so much for your support - you kept me on plan when I wanted to wobble xx

so glad I read this thread. Haven't lost any weight or gained any for two weeks. Hubby lost loads. Feeling a bit like green eyed but you are right shouldn't compare myself to him.

I'm doing this alongside hubby too and up to week 4 we had lost exactly the same..14.5 lbs despite me sticking 100001% to the plan and him having way wayyy more syns than me.I was secretly really peed off that he could eat crap but lose weight but for me to lose the same I had to be an angel.
He got 2 SOW certificates beating me by .5lb twice and got a bit cocky,then started nibbling on biscuits and having ice cream etc.This week he got his comeupence and STS whilst I lost 2lbs..that shut him up for a bit :p It does seem to catch up with them..honest!! xx

Back