Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Red Day Really easy syn free stew

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Mrs V, 5 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    2 onions
    small piece of swede
    4 carrots
    Fry Light
    567g/1lb 4oz braising steak, all visible fat removed (I used beef skirt from Asda - nicer cheaper cut of meat!)
    1 level tablespoon tomato puree (as dish serves 4..negligible)
    1 bouquet garni
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
    1 1/5 pints of hot water mixed with 2 tbsp Bovril (beef)
    method

1. Peel the onions. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the onions and fry for 5 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
    2. Slice the carrots and swede, place in the pan with the steak, tomato puree, bouquet garni and 852ml/1½ pints water with bovril. Cover and simmer for 1½ hours or until meat has began to break down.
    3. Add the onions to the pan with the and simmer for a further 20 minutes. Season to taste, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
    Tip: You can add mushrooms if you want to this as mentioned on the SW website, but I decided against.

Enjoy!

Last edited: 5 March 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As an EE alternative, you could add potatoes and parsnip to it too...just had a thought!

4. foxxxiblonde

foxxxiblonde Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    SW
    yum!! i've just made a note of this one!

5. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    hmmmm i am making something very simillar tomorrow - will let you know how it turns out as i love my stews etc!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.