Really hate the scales

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
I know i shouldn’t have but i weighed myself again today and they say iv still STS :-( my weigh in is 2mro and now i feel dishearted as i have been good only thing i can think of i didn’t eat at all on sat as i was ill and only had my dinner on sun as appetite still wasn’t great.. i know i shouldn’t scale hop or go by these scales but i was couldn’t help it lol and wats annoyin me more these scales are similar to SW’s i dont think they r 100% the same but more or less.. i feel like cryin :break_diet: xx

Hi there, try not to give yourself grief over it i'm skipping on and off the scales every morning but i know not to take it to heart i've noticed that the day before i WI i'm still 2-3lbs heavier i suppose thats why we only have classes once a week.
Good luck with WI tomorrow.x

Don't be hard on yourself, just keep 100% today and before your WI tomorrow. I sometimes scale hop too, I weighed myself once before bed then again in the morning and the difference was -5lbs.
Hubby wondered what I was dreaming about...lol

Let us know how you get on :)

aw really? and do u still lose at class? aw thanks im just gutted if i havent lost :(i weighed yday and today and stil say i STS xx

Don't be hard on yourself, just keep 100% today and before your WI tomorrow. I sometimes scale hop too, I weighed myself once before bed then again in the morning and the difference was -5lbs.
Hubby wondered what I was dreaming about...lol

Let us know how you get on :)

Aw that wud be brill if that happened to me even if i lost 1lb id be happy.. wud just b so disheartned if i didnt.. iv been 100% all day and 2mro im eatin salad ryvita n fruit lol weigh in is at 530 xx

Honestly, every week I have weighed myself at home I have put on and when I get to class I have lost.

Mind you, not holding out too much hope for me tomorrow :rolleyes:

Although I weigh at home I am a very bad scale hopper but I have 'real' weigh in on sunday mornings. Try not to be too hard on yourself, you may be suprised when you have your weigh in :)

2 weeks ago I had 2 big back teeth out I didnt eat anything on the day I had my teeth out, the following day I had the flesh of a med jack spud with skimmed milk to mash it with, 3rd day I had porridge for breakie and soup for lunch and dinner, then normal S/W plan for the rest of the week - when I weighed in I had GAINED 1.8lbs, I was amazed gobsmacked and gutted - I carried on plan for the next week, on weigh-in day I had lost over 4lbs I think sometimes if you don't eat for a day your body holds onto every little bit it does get - don't be disheartened xx

At least once a week soneone posts this kind of thing. I am going to make it my mission to drive to all your houses and forcibly remove your scales! Its a form of self sabotage and a completley futile exercise. I weigh about 1/2 a stone less in the morning than the evening ( which i only know cos the doc weighed me morning after weigh in), so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take any notice of what your scales say. They are not the important ones.

Now where are my car keys - i have some scales to liberate.....:)

kingleds said:
At least once a week soneone posts this kind of thing. I am going to make it my mission to drive to all your houses and forcibly remove your scales! Its a form of self sabotage and a completley futile exercise. I weigh about 1/2 a stone less in the morning than the evening ( which i only know cos the doc weighed me morning after weigh in), so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take any notice of what your scales say. They are not the important ones.

Lol lol so true and made me chuckle :) Ladies step away from the scales!!!!!!

I disagree - I have to get on mine morning and night to know that what I am doing is helping. I don't let it worry me if it goes up slightly as in the overall scheme of things I am sure it will be down at the weigh in in class.

I suppose if you are being de-motivated then don't use them but for me they are my motivational aid.

Good Luck with your weigh in today. Remember this is a long term goal not a short term fix.
Love Karen xxx

I weigh morning and night, but never take what the scales say mine are brand new digital ones, when i get weighed at my gp`s weekly im always 6lbs lighter than the ones at home. Just worry about the sw ones and not home ones. Good luck:0)

thank u everyone for ur support :) <3 the scales will tell 2nte :D

I'm very guilty of scale hopping almost every day as I'm an at-home plan follower. It does motivate me to see that I'm doing something right, or that I need to so something differently but I agree with everyone that our weight varies over a matter of hours and days.

It seems that different scales make different readings, so if your scales say something different to the ones at group, don't be disheartened - there are several factors that alter the accuracy of scales!

Good luck everyone :)

Charlie xx

Good luck Curvygirl! Let us know how you get on.

thank u i will do :D

I'm a serial scale hopper too :eek:
I try my hardest but can't help myself, only problem is they up & down like a yo-yo so don't know why I bother really, but still can't help it :sigh:

im the same :(

Back