REALLY quick Q on bars..... help!

arcticmonkeys

Silver Member
I've already had one bar today, but i'm so badly craving another. I know its bad giving into craving's and I wouldn't, not now, but I kinda figure, I've had one bar if I have another I wont have the 3rd 'suplement' today which would be a shake or tetra. HELP! x

Hi there, i am sure you will get a sensible answer from a CDC but my advice is if you want it have it, I sometimes have 2 a day not often tho as they give me and upset tummy! Plus make sure you have all 3 packs, don't skip any..

You'll get loads more answers soon, good luck x

Sarah x

Thanks Diet4-40, you always give me really nice replies :) spesh as I'm awful at replying! I figure its better than a chocolate bar, my only real worry is it'll mean I need to buy one more bar before my payday LOL xxx

aw thanks articmonkeys, personally I would just have a day with 3 sachets and not bother buying another bar.. that way you won't have to splash the cash again :)

Very very true. I just struggle with conveniences really. No kitchen at my work, so can't use a mixer or anything :( I'll find a way though lol. The bar's make the diet I swearrrrr! Which one is your fave? x x

I only have the choc orange now, but I loooove them :)

my sister bought a little hand held battery powered whisk that she uses for work, it was about £3.00 in Ikea.. you can also use a screw top plastic 'tupperware' type cup and shake it up... or you can make a hot one and just mix it up with a fork... wow i am full of ideas lol

Hope that helps, where there is a will there is a way, hey!

Sarah x

All I will say is that the peole that truly succeed on this diet are the ones that follow the diet to the letter. The guidelines are there for a reason, not just because of the precise nutritional content of the packs/bars, but also because you are less likely to fall off if you follow things properly. If you don't have that 2d bar you have shown a great deal of control and that's what it's all about - 'taking back control' If you can't takew control when you are on the diet how can you expect to take control and say 'No' to that extra chocolate bar when you go back to conventional eating. Bit of a ramble, but just trying to help.

Good luck hun

Thank you Sarah, I will try and give it a go! Aww I loved the choc orange ones but recently gone off them :( so back to toffee malt alone, however, funnely enough its the choc orange i'm wanting at the mo!

Thank you Big H the bar is next to me now but I will try and resist. Whats making it difficult as my family are cooking/eating downstairs and I can't go down there coz its my fave... so I gotta wait ages till I can get my 2 shakes in me!

Just keep posting on here, have a look at the inspirational pictures or start writing a blog! then have your lovely shake laters x good luck honey x

Sarah x

Thank you Big H the bar is next to me now but I will try and resist. Whats making it difficult as my family are cooking/eating downstairs and I can't go down there coz its my fave... so I gotta wait ages till I can get my 2 shakes in me!

Bless ya - so bloody hard innit. You will feel really good in the morning if you know you resisted.

The official line is one bar a day, but it is really up to the individual I think. I sometimes have a bar and half a day.

What flavour of bars are we talking about? I ask because the problem with all the bars except peanut and cranberry is that they have more than 20g of carbs each. That is mainly why CD say one bar a day, because that 20g can knock you out of ketosis. But if you are talking about having 2 peanut or cranberry, which actually have less carbs than the shakes, then I reckon you would be fine.

If it is of the higher carb, try cutting it in half, and wrapping the other half up and putting it away (somewhere up high!) and see if that is enough to satisfy your craving.

If not, and you have a whole 20g bar -- no big deal if it has kept you on the wagon. But learn from this, that the higher carb content can give you cravings and make you feel hungry so in future have the rest of your bars much later in the day.

Good luck articmonkeys, you've had some great advice, my OH and his folks are about to have a chinese takeaway!!! I am gonna get my pack ready before they get here... wish me luck..

Bye, Sarah xx

i find the bars too rich and only ever managehalf a day! am trying to stick to the guidelines but cannot eat one in one go as they are so rich a gloopy.

This is the reason I stopped having the bars altogether as Once Id had one Id crave another then another then anoter etc.x

Thanks for that Frances, I had no idea of the carb content of the bars - in fact I am embarrassed to say that I thought they were carb free!! :eek: And I usually have mine 1st thing, today I am having my shake, chocolate hot with coffee to make a lovely mocha.. mmmmmm

Aw Leeds123 I so wish I was like that, I could eat half a dozen lol !!!! But as always just do what suits you.

Sarah x

i too love all the bars all flavours any one will do lol
i have had 2 in a day before when i was out and shakes and soups were a no no i even checked for ketosis and luckily i was fine! although a bit windy for a day lol
my favourite shake at the mo is to make a black coffee in an extra large mug then just thow in the choc tetra so easy no mixing and sooooooooooooo nice
if it has to be an extra bar instead of a shake its better than a real choc bar also sometimes although we know to stick to only 1 circumstances beyond our control sometimes means we may have to change that as long as its not everyday once in a while wont harm your weight loss too much i should think unless of course you are carb sensitive

I agree, I sometimes have an extra CD thing on hungry days to beat cravings. I always buy 2/3 extra ones for that reason.

I am loving chocolate tetra made up with hot water at the moment. Also, believe it or not a third of a banana tetra in my coffee! But I will try some chcocolate tetra in coffee, as that makes more sense IYKWIM! It is so much easier using the tetras -- none of that shaking! How lazy are we!

I agree, I sometimes have an extra CD thing on hungry days to beat cravings. I always buy 2/3 extra ones for that reason.

I am loving chocolate tetra made up with hot water at the moment. Also, believe it or not a third of a banana tetra in my coffee! But I will try some chcocolate tetra in coffee, as that makes more sense IYKWIM! It is so much easier using the tetras -- none of that shaking! How lazy are we!
Frances,I use the banana tetra in my coffee it makes it really sweet and you cant really taste the banana can you?!I get about 4 cups out of 1 I really dont like the choc one in coffee,its not the same for me,let me know if you like it
xx

I thought the banana one in coffee was a bit like putting evaporated milk in it, lovely.mmmmmmmmmm

ooh I will try this idea, sounds good. I do similar with a vanilla pack, I use a heaped teaspoon of it per cup of coffee and get about 4 cups of coffee from it, but will now try it with the tetra's I have

Back