Really struggling with energy levels

AnnTeak

The longer I continue to do this diet I am finding my energy levels are really being affected. The thought of doing any strenuous exercise fills me with dread I don't think I could finish my usual HoP class and today was quite a physical day at work but I feel twice as tired as I would normally. Does anyone else feel lik this? Is it due to the low carb intake? Is there anything I can do to help up my levels again?

It is quite normal while your body adjusts to fat burning mode from carb burning, when I first went low carb over a year ago it took me a few weeks maybe even months before I could get back to previous running mileage. Now though am well and truly fat adapted, a far faster runner, and better energy levels all round. I do a very demanding job and used to struggle as a carb eater but now I literally bounce with energy!! Google ketosis and check out some of the American low carb websites for the technical explanations...... (e.g active low carbers etc)....I'm never going mid to high carb ever again!

Thank you for all that info, I will have a good look later when the boys are in bed!

I go up and down with tiredness, I think its linked to my iron levels, been on tablets for a few months now, I do find though I have bouts of late nights which obv doesn't help LOL. and I too use salt, though not too much. Anything eggy must have salt on LOL, I use salt grinder though, so not as much used as a salt shaker.

Back