really unsure how to tackle my weight problem

boris666

Banned
Im 30 in october and would really like to get back to a healthy weight by then but as ive never really eaten healthy i find myself baffeled by the huge array of diets and plans.
i have 30 pounds to lose and would like to have lose a good percentage of that by october.

Has anybody got advise on what i could do ?

My mum is saying i should either go night classes on how to cook or go to a dietician for help.

Last edited:
Don't overcomplicate it. Use a calorie calculator online to roughly find out how many cals a day your body needs, reduce this number by 500 and thats your calories for the day! Weight loss is calories consumed vs calories out. Just count calories.

If you do want something more structured you can follow a plan. Slim fast takes a lot of the hassle out of losing weight. Or groups like slim fast offer a good support network

Totally agree with aesir22 ^^ Keep it simple! A good starting point is to tweak what you currently eat. For example if you have cottage pie for tea, find a healthier / lower calorie version (loads of recipes on this site) or if you're eating a bag of crisps for a snack, swap for an apple (sorry, I know that's kinda obvious lol but it really is that simple). Look at you're alcohol intake too as this is a big stumbling block when it comes to weight loss.

It really doesn't matter what diet you follow, as long as you're cutting down from what you were previously eating you should lose weight.

Good luck xx

Im using myfitnesspal app and found that's really helping me.

Thanks everyone. I have downloaded myfitnespal but it said 1600 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week. Thats not enough i feel so have set it to 2000 max. Yesterday i had 1880 so i should lose weight. I hope anyway lol.

Hey Boris666 I'm exactly the same. Always struggled to lose weight and especially keep it off :( Try the 7 Minute workout app as well I use it and it sends you notifications when you don't! Im currently following a clean eating plan as well that's pretty awesome xx let me know if you want any more info and ill help as much as i can xxx

Have you tried talking to your GP or joining a local weight loss group of any kind?
Support is usually key for most people.

I'd agree with Inspire1992, it can be hard going doing it alone and whilst there is lots of support on this forum you may find you benefit from group support. If you're not already it may be worth joining one of the weekly weigh in threads, personally I find knowing I'm going to be posting my process can help me focus when temptation comes a calling but the others on the thread are also great at providing support and sharing stories.

With regards to going to night school for cooking classes, I guess that depends on how confident you are in the kitchen. If you find that a lot of the food you're eating is processed then learning how to cook with fresh ingredients will certainly help boost the weight loss.

Good luck with your journey

I cant cook and mainly eat takeaways. Thats why im fat lol

Totally agree with all the advice you've been given, but there are SO many simple healthy recipes that fit into dieting, even just simple swaps can reduce your calories by so much and add more nutrients to your diet, a simple pasta and tomato sauce dish, made from scratch using passata, some herbs, veg and wholemeal pasta is much better than white pasta with a jar of sauce, you don't have to be a great cook to do this. What kind of meals do you enjoy? i'm sure if you put them up people could come up with healthier and easier versions you could do at home.
X

Hi. Ive now decided what program im doing. Eat less move more.
1800 calorie low fat diet and am walking to wlrk instead of driving plus have joined a gym.

thankyou so much for your advice and help

Just thought id update and say. All is ok on the healthy eating. Im feeling alot better even if my weight loss is abit slow

Last update said weightloss is slow. new update. Weightloss has bloomin stopped. Im so frustrated lol

Oh really sorry to hear this and I know from experience how frustrating and upsetting it is when you're working hard and seeing nothing for it.

Sometimes shaking the system with a diet change can help. I know some women on here who swap between SW and WW. Don't know how effective it is but might be worth trying a different programme.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back