REALLY URGENT - pls read and comment.

reluctant_whale

I'm in a bit of a doo-dah .. I am out of supplies (Cambridge meals) and my CDC has gone off the radar big time !! I was supposed to be picking some up today but when I got there the door was closed and no there is no phone answer. Pretty much ive been teaching all day and just had a soup and tons of black tea .. I don't feel hungry because of the ketosis but I KNOW 137 calories isn't enough to get any sucker through a teaching day!

What shall I do ???? If I have a 400 calorie no carb meal is this just going to blow it??? I am especially peeved as this is my first week and I was expecting good things.

(Pretty much if you are wondering my CDC only let me have 5 days worth to see how I go .. hence I am 2 days down ..!!)

If it were me i'd have a no carb meal, it shouldn't do to much damage diet wise but not having anything would prob do more damage health wise. If its very low carb you shouldn't come out of ketosis xx

Stick to no carb/low carb meals from the 810 menu.
Low fat meat, fish and greens.

Or try to contact another CDC in your area to get some meals to tie you over?

Shame you aren't near me really I have loads of extras!

Hi - how annoying for you! Have you looked to see if there is another CDC in your area that you can try and contact to see if you can get any packs from them???? That is what I would do in the first case, especially as it sounds like you might need a different/new CDC anyway!!

Failing that if you can't get hold of any products could you get hold of a slimfast shake, they are higher in calories but larger and you could split one of those into 2 packs?

Other option is to try and find a WW soup low in carbs and calories which at least is liquid and take a multi-vitamin.

If all the above fails, I would have some chicken or turkey with a small green salad. Not ideal because it won't contain all the vitamins etc and it's food so from a physcologic viewpoint might feel like cheating but better than nothing.

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

Yeah it has made me quiet cross to be honest. I think I am going to have something from the 810 menu, I have lots of greens and a chicken breast at home. I am going to give my CDC the benefit of the doubt as she seemed like a very nice lady and hopefully there is a perfectly reasonable excuse for this :) !

Oh and thank you for all your kind and QUICK comments - biggest concern was that I might fall over the die from the lack of calories today! (DRAMA QUEEN ! :) )

Do not have slim fast or weight watchers products as the carb content is too high and will kick you out of ketosis. Always ask for a full week with a couple spare just incase. Stick to low carb meal options. :)

Kinda shocked at your CDC i mean you have tried all week to contact her and then you turn up and she is not there... for me i would not be giving my money to someone who is not there to support me! I am very lucky and my CDC is there anytime i need her and answers any helpful questions and ALWAYS gives me spare packs (without charging) JUST IN CASE! Now yes emergencies do happen but thats what a MOBILE is for, a quick txt take nothing but how many days now have you been trying to get hold of her? Humm to me i would find a new CDC in your area. Chicken and lettace is a yummy no carb meal hehe! Anyway after my annoying rant (annoys me to see u have worked so hard to not have a first WI) you have done amazing and well done coming on here instead of giving up ~claps~ Keep up the good work chick! xxx

If you can get to a Superdrug or Rowlands Pharmacy the Celebrity Slim stuff is better to have than Slimfast, but it's still higher in Carbs than CD. Better yet Boots Tony Ferguson is similar to Celeb Slim. It didn't take me out of ketosis in the past when I've been caught short, but I wouldn't use it for long. Also I don't get knocked out of ketosis easily, so just be careful, but it's better than going off the rails. Good luck xx

Last edited:
If you are stuck for a CD in your area, Slim and Save do the VLCD packs and they are same as CD ones. They also do a next day delivery. HTH

i think you can buy atkins shakes from health food places, which will keep you in keto, but are quite high in cals. definitely avoid slimfast.

Thanks lovlies! I shall tell you what I have done ... I had 170g of chicken breast, dry fried which I marinated in paprika and dried garlic flakes, 50g of lettuce, one spring onion chopped and I made some balsamic glaze (basically balsamic vinegar boiled to death until it is strong n sticky. Enjoyed every single last mouthful, also found a strawberry Tetra thrown on the floor of my car, so today ive had a soup, a tetra and this little salad, which was INCREDIBLE .. never thought I would enjoy a salad!! HOPEFULLY this wont bring me out of Ketosis - checked on the Atkins list for phase 1 AND the Cambridge book to double check. Not sure if I should have a multi-vit to make up for the missed Cambridge meal though .. and maybe some skimmed milk?

Just had a text off my CDC ... family emergency - seeing her after work tomorrow but during the day I am just going to have to have another chicken salad, can't get to anywhere that sells ready made shakes / atkins stuff.

Fingers crossed and THANKS SO MUCH for all your help !

Back