Really worried

Yep, it's really that little. I've kicked myself out of ketosis a couple of times just by having an extra S&S bar

Glad i read this thread as i've been spotting for ages now and was starting to think all sorts of awful things. When i googled it, it listed reasons varying from ovarian cysts to menopause or cancer :eek:

But its obviously just the diet!!!

Hi Cerys

I was on S&S for 5 days, didn't get totm or anything but just could hack it - don't think I'm as tough as all of these lovely ladies!! I put my packs on ebay for 3 days and they sold! £2 more than I thought! So don't worry about that! I've switched to Atkins finding it amazing ATM! Not like a dirt just a new way of life for me!

Hope your feeling better xxx

A baked potato is around 32g carbs- pasta and rice are in the 40 and 50g range. Try and get through week 2 then see how you feel. My period had been slight heavier and we are using extra protection even though i am on the pill as fertility can increase during rapid weight loss. Hope you feel better soon and can stick with it - it really is worth it :-D xx

Well it's gone from spotting to a full blown period from hell! Very uncomfortable, and now very lethargic. It's very strange as I haven't had this in over 3 years...

Once I return to a more "normal" diet, they should stop again, right? As my body won't be burning fat as excessively. I can maybe put up with it for a short period if it gets me to my goal.

Cerys x

They talk about increased fertility and the metabolism of the pill might be affected, I'm bloody hoping the the implant wouldn't be!! That could be bad news for me, not only for weight loss but just for my life in general haha!!

Oooh, we could have our first S&S baby :)

Not from me, I'm going celibate now :)

I did Exante diet for 7 months and lost 7 stone. I had an implant and was having my monthly period, a few weeks into the diet thus when excessive and irregular bleeding started. I would have a period for 10 days then break 6/7 days. After 6 months and numerous trips to my GP as well as scans I decided to give up the diet. Sadly my problem continued and the GP or gynaecologist didn't know what was wrong. In the end they wanted to do ablation surgery. This is when they burn the lining of your womb to stop bleeding, it can cause infertility. I have 2 kids but I wasn't sure I wanted the surgery. Went back for another scan (5th) and was told my coil was very low. In January I had the coil out and another one inserted. Period after 2 or so weeks.

Then decided to do weight watchers and lost 6lbs, 4lbs then gained 3lbs. After soul searching and a few cries I decided to come back to Exante. I have done 3 days 100%! However, I already have period pains ?. This time I just want to finish what I started and wear my lovely size 12 dresses in the summer.

I know it won't be an easy ride but will take my MEFANEMIC acid tablets for cramps and l will be fine. I am not as big as when I 1st started Exante but I treasure losing my 7 stone so much I am willing to pay the price.

All I can say to you is do what's BEST for you! Go and see your GP and explain what's happening no point in hiding the diet from s/he. Best of luck in your decision and hope the pain goes away ?.

SORRY it's an essay HTH ?.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've had the depo injection and the implant and both stopped my periods straightaway...from about 12 to 17 I had horrendous periods, I'd miss days of school because I couldn't get out of bed without either being sick or being in agony.

I guess I'm just really worried I'll end up back at that situation. I've now had a period since Friday and whilst it stopped for a little while it's back now...and it's just so uncomfortable! I really need to lose weight for breast reduction surgery end of May, and that's why I wanted to go on a quicker solution diet...I'm just scared that once I'm maintaining/back on normal food and not burning fat as much, then these periods from hell won't stop!

:( we'll see

Aaaaw I know about painful periods. Have also suffered for years and it just drains you doesn't it. At the moment MEFANEMIC acid and tranexamic acid are really helping. Really hoping to get to healthy BMI and GP puts me on the pill. Both her and gynae refuse to give me the pill. Family planning clinic was willing to give me the pill provided they got all my gynae history. I won't get it though coz it would clash with everything else am told. It really sucks to suffer from period pains hope you find what works best for you ?. X x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back