Total Solution Rea's Radical New Routine

⬇️ 0.3kg
64mins walking 5k treadmill & 68mins walking 5.2km outdoor

Wedding! Wedding with people I haven't seen in ten years! Thank god ive got a 3 week head start. I was a size 26 when I met them 13 years ago, and I was a size 16-18 last time I saw them. Ideally need to now drop back to that size before mid august. I can do that. I'm 99% sure I can do that. Right? I have no idea what I weighed back then to compare though, so that's a little difficult. But yes, new goals. I need to start exercising every day, and gym every two or three at the most. I will get there. I will do this.

Breakfast
Shake time! Toffee caramel today. Not bad at all. I'd probably get this one again when the time comes. Which will probably be around late summer, now I've seen exactly how much Exante I've now accumulated!

Lunch
Chocolate orange bar. Not as bad as the caramel crispy bar by a long shot but still not one of my favourites. I have a few more. Will eat them. Maybe wouldn't get again. I'm not sure how they could get things so right with their cookies and cream bar, and so nearly right as the double choc one, and then this and the other one I've tried are just so far off the mark it's untrue.

Tea
In some absolute frigging moment of insanity, I suggested going for a walk with my mate at teatime. So off I drive to Lancaster, and up the canal we trudged. Now it's a lovely walk, but two 5k walks in what is essentially the same day, whether I slept in between them or not, is just overkill. I have blisters. I'm not particularly happy about that. Anyway, all I could think about on the way home afterwards was a cheeseburger. So instead I stopped at Morrisons and bought a pack of chicken tikka bites on sticks. I went home, de-sticked them and put them in a low carb pitta with a bit of light mayo. Less than 20g carbs and less than 400 calories. Affordable, seems it says I've burnt over 1k calories in exercise alone today.

Day 23 Verdict:
Knackered. Blistery. Had a nice evening with the boy and treated myself to having a cup of coffee with some milk. Thumbs up. Not going the gym tonight. Will see how I feel about it tomorrow and how these blisters are.

Wish I had your enthusiasm rea
I've got all the gear to start just need a kick up the butt to actually do it
I'm at my nephews wedding in August so hoping by then I'm 3 stone lighter

Welcome mrs b hope your getting on ok
I had a slip up on Friday and shared fish and chips with my grandson but I'd only had 1 shake all day
They tasted delicious but an hour later I was gutted I'd had them
My weigh in tomorrow then I'm going up have to pull my finger out and do some excercise Going to clubercise with my daughter in law this week thank god it's in the dark as my coordination is shocking
Hope everyone's having a good weekend
Anita

⬇️ 0.3kg
5km in 1hr 10m outdoor

I'm not too sure it's enthusiasm, Anita - I think I've just replaced one addiction (food) with another (exercise).

Dying for a day off the gym/exercising today but it's just not possible really. I need to keep going with it. May just go for a little walk. Doesn't need to be 5k. Will probably end up being, knowing what I'm like at the moment. Or maybe just nip to the gym for a little bit tonight. Ahh I don't know. If it weren't for going out for lunch I'd probably let myself off a day.

Breakfast
So skipping breakfast. That lunch is both exciting me and looming over me. Not hungry yet so that's fine. Fingers crossed it won't be too late a lunch though!

Lunch
They let me eat from the children's menu! Hurrah! I had what was called a 'fairground burger' - a 1/4lb burger with cheese, onions, mustard and ketchup, and they let me have coleslaw as my side rather then the chips or mash. Enjoyed it so much. So worth it. Amazing. Spent most of the afternoon in a happy food coma/stupor.

Tea
No tea. To be honest it's because I'm still full from lunch, I'm not depriving myself or anything. Instead I had a nap and then went for a walk around the docks (twice) with the boy. I now have blisters inside my blisters. Gym only for a few days I think, and no treadmill while I'm there. May also go back to the holey old trainers for a few days so the blisters have a few days to recover.

Day 24 Verdict:
Happy. Don't think I need to say much more than that.

Your positivity is something I could do with, shame about the blisters, walking is always good the main reason I like having a dog. I have ordered starters instead of mains a few times I have been out it was great they let you choose from the children's menu.

This particular place has a great kids' menu; it's all just scaled down versions of the adult meals, so it worked quite nicely and I'll look forward to going again!
Oh i'm so jealous! All i want in the world is a dog - the one in my picture is actually my 'little sister'. I moved out of my mam and dad's a few years ago so i could get a dog (they said i couldn't have one), ended up in a pet-free tenancy and then they got a dog!! She's a beauty but she's not allowed to come and stay with me, so i remain dogless. The boy and I quite often conspire to steal random dogs we see on walks! He desperately wants a collie and I desperately want a GSD.

⬇️ 0.3kg

I have blisters on blisters on blisters today. Which is not fun. Especially not as I'm already craving to get out there and do some exercise. Damn blisters. Damn work. Getting in my way. The boy has his cub tonight (his six year old son, who we refer to as the cub) so I'll be exercising solo. Really can't wait til his leg's healed, hopefully after his holiday, and we can go the gym together. Having to content myself with walks at the moment, but that's annoying when he's busy. So gym it is; thinking to stick to bike and cross trainer so blisters shouldn't rub any further from walking impact...

Breakfast
Chocolate shake and a cup of 'skinny coffee club' coffee with 1 sweetener. I found some I ordered a while ago on a whim when I wasn't actually dieting and thought 'why not, let's see if it speeds this train up a bit more again'.

Lunch
Cookies and cream bar. I've been having a really stressful day and the urge to eat or exercise is overwhelming. I'm going to make sure it's the latter, but I'm really annoyed that it's affecting me at all. I do not like people today.

Tea
Sad tonight and don't really want to talk about it but it's led to me losing all appetite and motivation to go to the gym. Never mind. I guess the not eating dinner and not going the gym balance out.

Day 26 Verdict:

Really want to kick this last 1.2kg before day 29 so I can say I've lost 2 stone in the first month. But then I had my BMI/fat/weight scales delivered today and in hopping on discovered I've gone up by a whopping 1.6kg today somehow, despite the fact I've only had 1 shake, 1 bar and a cup of black coffee (and water, obviously). Like...what the hell is with that?

That will just b a bit of fluid, it could be gone in the next couple ofcdays. It could also b your new scales so don't b hard on yourself your nimext weigh in will b better.
I'm having to stop the cookies and cream bar for a bit as they seem to give me awful wind and hubby had enough.
Hope u feel a little better tomorrow. Les x

Hope tomorrow is better for you Rea, I am usually at least 3lbs heavier at night than I am in the morning all the bloody water. Are you using a tape measure? It can be good when the scales are playing silly buggers. Apparently bars are known for clogging up the system and can show a temporary slower scale loss or no scale movement but eventually it all evens out. Two stone would be awesome but even just short of two is a big achievement.

⬆️0.1 kg

Should have gone the gym. But there were still over 50 people there at midnight. I mean, how dare they?! That's my time! For quiet gymming! Grr.

Thanks for the kind words, ladies. I giggled at your cookies and cream bar problems les - how dare the hubby ban your pleasure because of a bit of trumpeting! ;-) and yes about the tape measure freefall, but only once a week.

Breakfast
Still don't want anything. Probably ought to have something. Feel like crap. Will probably take a shake to work and have it when I can face it.

Lunch
Had a caramel frappe shake through the afternoon; had to force myself though I know I won't be doing myself any favours if I stop eating altogether so forced it down between 2-4pm.

Tea
Had those chicken pieces in a pita again. And then went and spoilt it all by crying my way through four donuts. Jesus. I still don't want to talk about it, but I had a roughy evening because the boy cancelled on me. He's never done that before. What pains me is I wasn't even hungry. I didn't want to eat them. But I did. So sod it. Tomorrow is a new day.

Day 27 Verdict:

Most likely knocked myself out of ketosis. Tomorrow will be killer. To the gym in an hour or so - damage limitation. No matter how many people are there.

1250 calories burnt in the gym. That should work off the damn donuts.

I'm going to go and die now... :eek:

Hello, just coming to the end of my third week on shakes and I have lost 20lb. Have been reading your diary and it is inspirational, please don`t let your slip up last night deter you. I started at 20.3 and would like to get to at least 10, so a long long way to go. Im impressed by your excercise routine I really need to start but am so unfit and find it such hard work. Like you I have a problem with my knee, cartilidge problems from when I was fit and played hockey. I can go up steps ok but coming down is a nightmare. Hope you are having a better day.

Hi Laurie - congratulations on your loss, that's fantastic. You have a similar distance to go, but I started a little higher and my target is a bit higher. Hope you're finding the diet ok - at least it's worthwhile, eh?

You'll be surprised how easy the exercise gets after a very short time. Don't get me wrong it's still difficult, and I still loathe actually moving and getting ready to go out for a walk or to the gym, but the exercise itself helps. I started doing some kind of weird combination of dancing and what I imagine are some kind of weird self stylised aerobics in the house each day for 20-30 mins, just enough to break a light sweat and get a bit out of breath. After a week or so of that I couldn't get out of breath with it so I upped it to brisk walks. It's about realistic targets. That's why I go thI gym at night - so i don't have to use a machine next to anyone and feel pressured to go faster, work harder or try and compete. I'm only competing with myself!

Keep up the good work!

Rea most of us have been there with the doughnuts, the eating even when the taste is gone, no hunger and no logical reason other than sod it. I have never gone the gym after though that is very impressive. Hope today is better and take care.
Well done Laurie on the 20ibs

⬇️0.7kg

Much better day today thanks Freefall, got into it quite easily!

Wow. Something somewhere knows I'm having a tough time at the moment and clearly decided to be lenient with me. That's not to say I didn't work hard; 25 mins cycling at about 11mph followed by a full 5k walk on the treadmill last night. And god knows I didn't want to finish that walk. Got about 20 mins into the hour and just wanted to go home. Also sick of the apple watch's totally whacked out indoor walk calculations and can't be bothered to calibrate it; mainly because I struggle to walk sustainably at speed outdoors and that's what it requires. But anyway I did it, 5k in 65 mins. And I'm down on the scales despite four effing donuts to show for it. Toes and blisters stood up to it a lot better last night too. Small mercies.

Breakfast
Had quite a bad stomach this morning so I've actually skipped breakfast. I expected to be starving after last night but apparently not. A few muscle pains - weird feeling like a little tingly, a little painful - that I had when I first started the diet so I'm wondering if maybe it is to do with all the carbs I had yesterday and recovering from them.

Lunch
Had half a double chocolate bar I found lurking on my desk at work at around 1.30pm.

Tea
.soooo...exante protein crisps. Wow. Just...how can all the reviews be so far off? It's like eating a big bag of cardboard. Flavourless, odd tasting cardboard. Oddly addictive cardboard. Hmm. Well that's novel. Like no idea what they're made of but they're awful.

Genuinely thought I'd be hungrier through the day today after my binge last night but maybe I've escaped it for now. Or maybe it's just easier to drop back into after only one binge and some damage limitation gymming. Anyway, I skipped exante for tea but still did fine. I toasted a sandwich thin (100 cal, 19g carb) and had two scrambled duck eggs (186cal/1.4g carb) made with butter(162 cal/0.3 carb) and semi skimmed milk (12cal/1.2carb). And it was divine. So total daily intake was 660 cal / 36g carbs. I'll take that. That's ketosis VLCD friendly. And I'm definitely having that again soon!

Day 28 Verdict:
Just 0.57kg to go to the 2 stone mark now. I have three days. Totally within reach. I'm excited. Technically I only have two days, because on Friday night I'm going out for dinner with the boy for his birthday - his pick, naturally. Steakhouse. Men just live for large lumps of meat, don't they?! I wouldn't mind but he's skinny as anything. So I'm currently eyeing up a surf and turf with a sauce as a treat and I'll either have it with a salad (I feel daring and adventurous-I don't actually like salad) or give him my chips. Thought of that is keeping me going...to the gym later on. Ah well. You pay for what you want in one way or another don't you.

I am off for a meal tomorrow, choosing seabass so hopefully I good choice. Hope you have a lovely evening tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the two stone.

⬆️0.3kg.

Zero guilt at gaining. It will pass. Went the gym at 1am; just 50 minutes tonight. Downloaded an episode of fear the walking dead onto my phone and took my big headphones - season 2 is now available on Amazon prime, yay! So I've decided that I'll go each night for the duration of one episode and just gently work out while watching it. Nothing strenuous, but better to be moving than not, as I burnt around 600 cal on the bike and a gentle walk on the treadmill. That'll do.

Breakfast
Decided to make an effort to have three things at actual mealtimes today. Failed. Didn't have breakfast.

Lunch
Cookies and cream bar. Followed by a bag of walkers bugles, because I figured I could afford to after skipping breakfast.

Tea
Chicken tikka Satay sticks again. Just no bread or mayo this time
Day 29Verdict:
I don't really know how I feel today. A little lonely, a little unmotivated, a little down because I can't go the gym (too hot and I've just washed my hair for tomorrow night seems it'll be a rush to get to Blackpool for 7 after I finish work). Would have liked to do that, feel disappointed I can't. I guess there's always tomorrow night, but I don't know what time I'll finish with the boy and going to the zoo with a friend on sat so don't want to wear myself out too much. Hmm. We'll see.

⬇️0.4kg

I'm feeling a lot more positive today Les. Still 0.5kg away from the second stone. Not sure if tonight will be good or bad for that. It remains to be seen, I suppose! Taking some heart that last time I dieted it took me 57 days to lose as much as I've lost in 30 this time. Just need to keep on going. Missed going to the gym last night; was very restless and struggled to sleep without exercise. Tired this morning.

Breakfast
Skipping on purpose. Big tea planned - can afford the calories or carbs. That and I'm not hungry. Will have some tomorrow instead.

Lunch
Had half a double chocolate cookie. So excited for tea. The deferred gratification of this evening's meal is stopping me from letting me think I'm hungry.

Tea
The most AMAZING tea I've ever had. Actually the first meal the boy and I have had out, oddly enough. Threw all caution to the wind and had whatever I wanted. Breaded mushrooms to start, then a fillet surf and turf with added scallops, and a peppercorn sauce. The seafood comes raw and the steak comes on a hot stone for you to cook everything on yourself to your taste. It was gorgeous. Gave the boy a scallop and half my fries. Polished off the prawns and the steak. We also had a custard choux bun when we got home, and I had a vodka lime and lemonade. No regrets. It was a lovely meal.
Day 30 Verdict:
Just in a good hangover/stupor at the moment. Will work on pulling it all back tomorrow. No worries!!

Glad u had a great time.. The food sounds good. As long as u get right back on track no harm should b done. Have a lovely weekend .Les x

Back