Total Solution Rea's Radical New Routine

⬆️ 0.2kg

Positively beaming this morning. I can't believe I've gone up so little. If I hadn't had starter or pudding - or maybe that carb heavy alcoholic drink - I'd have probably still lost today. But only a 0.2kg gain? Well, easy dealt with. I'll definitely be going back there - I'll just have salad instead of chips and I'll have no starter or pud! Winner!

It really was nice, thanks Freefall. It's actually - somewhat bizarrely, considering we're both foodies - the first time we've ever been for a sit down meal together since we met in August last year. Hopefully it's the first of many.

However the observation of choice is be careful of your alcoholic drinks. I defaulted to my old faithful of a vodka lime and lemonade. Without thinking. More recently I've been having it with gin instead, but at a pinch I ordered it. And that was my biggest regret. Because what is vodka made of? POTATOES. effing potatoes. There were nearly as many carbs in my one vodka as in my main meal that contained FRIES. so steer clear of the dirty vodka (18g carbs) and favour something like gin (7.5g carbs) instead!!

Breakfast
Still feel awfully full of food so going to skip today. Going to the zoo today with a friend so I'm packing a diet friendly packed lunch of hummus and low carb pita bread. Quite excited for that.

Lunch
I had two low carb pitas with some hummus and some of the chicken tikka skewers I love so much.

Then I thought 'eff it' and had a magnum.

And a little bit later, eff it, I'm having 2 scoops of carte d'or.

Lovely day at the zoo though so I don't regret it at all.

Tea
Nil by mouth, considering the massive icecream intake today.
Day 31 Verdict:
Happy enough. Still full at 10pm. Just trying to gather the motivation to go to the gym as it looks like it's emptied out early tonight - maybe because it's bank holiday and nice weather. I'll get there within the next hour or so.

End of month one. Enjoying it. Feeling good. Working out how to cheat the diet or enjoy some little things without too much guilt by counterbalancing with exercise. I feel better in myself than when I started. I have much less knee pain - and whether that's down to being approx 2 stone lighter or the exercise I have no idea, so I'll take it as a combination of both.

Exante really works. It's easy to stick to, and you do see the results. I'm definitely in this for the long haul. Going to aim for a total of 3 stone lost (because I know it will all just keep slowing down) by the end of day 62. That seems do-able, and anything else is a bonus!!

⬇️0.1kg
25min treadmill; 25min cross trainer, 20min bike.

Thanks Les, still a lot more to go though!!

You know what I discovered today? All this time I've been thinking a 'workout' with the Apple Watch only counts towards the '7 workout week' achievement medal if it's more than 20 minutes. Turns out it's 15. Huh. That misconception has been giving me 15 mins more exercise each gym session! And now I'm used to it.

I re-laced one of my new pairs of trainers with the laces out of my old trainers. Which incidentally were re-laced with the ones from the trainers before that. So this is the third pair of trainers they've been on. And miraculously, no blisters. These are my magic laces. I can believe in magic string at nearly 30, right??

Breakfast
I have one last treat lined up for tea - or maybe lunch - so one last time I'm skipping breakfast. Back on 3x exante a day tomorrow. But today I have a lasagne ready meal from m&s, because that's what I've been wanting most (aside from pizza or a burger) and it was reduced, so I'm having it. Maybe have it at lunchtime yet and try and do without anything at all for the rest of the day.

Lunch
Had the lasagne. So worth it. 44g of carbs so that's breakfast and lunch accounted for.

Tea
Was starving by 8 so had one of those low carb pitas and a tiny bit of hummus.
Day 32 Verdict:
All the food is now gone. Looking forward to getting back to exante tomorrow. Bored of waiting for it to be gym time tonight. Sigh. Just a few more hours to go.

You just made me laugh with your trainer laces.
I have had today off as we went out for a family meal. It can b so hard at times but as long as I get back on track tomorrow.
I hope your day goes well on your three pkts I usually do 4 as I find three dosent fill me up x
Take care les x

⬆️0.1kg
25min treadmill (2km), 25min bike (8.5km), 30min dance aerobics

Went back to the gym last night (earlier than usual as it was quite empty quite early). Only did 50 mins but felt better for it. 600 calories burnt before bed. Did dance/aerobics type stuff for 30 mins when I woke up this morning. Definitely beginning to suspect I've replaced a food addiction with an exercise addiction instead.

Breakfast
Chocolate shake.

Lunch
Cookies and cream bar.

Tea
Caramel latte frappe this evening with the boy when he had a brew. Love those things.
Day 33 Verdict:
Easier to get back on the three exante a day than I expected. Had a nice evening with the boy. Gutted he's going on hol for a week tomorrow but I'm going to try and go the gym every night while he's away. Debating whether to start that tonight. Had a nice chilled evening with him and don't really feel like... then again he's not technically left yet...

Hope you managed to get back on it okay today Les!

Struggled a bit. Had four pkts and some Brazil nuts with hubby.
Wore my white trousers out though last night . They fitted perfect. Like u I am doing more exercise. I ordered one of those exercise things that you see advertised on the tv for 89 pounds going to start using it in a min.
Have a great day . And we'll done x

⬇️1.3kg

Wow. Wasn't expecting that. That's a nice big boost. I half wonder if it's because I ate 'normally' in a sustainable way for a few days? Gave it a little kick in the right direction, maybe? Who cares, anyway. It's down on the scales and that's what matters.

Breakfast:
Mint chocolate shake. Best thing to have considering id already done my teeth!

Lunch:
Cookies and cream bar. Did consider having a double chocolate one as I have a blister on my gym which hurts when I have solid food but just couldn't sway myself from the taste of the cookies and cream one.

Tea:
After such a massive loss I figured a little treat couldn't hurt. Had some chicken tenders and a wrap as I was really craving some solid food. Off to the gym later so not too worried even if I go up again tomorrow.

Day 34 Verdict:
Tried to nap at about 8. Fell asleep til midnight. Just trying to wake up enough to go to the gym. Boy arrived in turkey safe so can stop worrying about that now. Did want to go before midnight but never mind. It all counts.

18min crosstrainer (rolling hills); 18min cycle (rolling hills); 24 min walk (2.1km)

Somewhat controversially, when weighing in every day seems to have been working so well for me, I'm not going to weigh in until the day the boy comes home now. I'm feeling a bit guilty for having a food tea last night and I'm going to do no more than my 3x Exante's worth a day and gym every day until he gets back. See what I can do in that time.

It's 4am and I'm wired AF. Decided to have a nap at around 6.30pm last night and set a few alarms for around 8pm; body said no and turned all four off in my sleep and I woke up at about 12.30am (more than a regular night's sleep for me) in time to receive a message that the boy is safely in turkey with his little cub. Went the gym from 2 til just after 3 and now I'm like...hmmm. A nap before work would be good. Body has other ideas.

Breakfast:
Had a late brekkie of a chocolate shake at around 10.30/11am. Decided to try and hold off on lunch for a bit and eat my rations when I'm hungry.

Lunch:
Nil.

Tea:
Stopped at Aldi while running an errand for work this afternoon (still trying to find these elusive tomahawk steaks for the bit) and found some minted lamb kebab sticks. Looked nice,2 come in at around 250 cal and they're about 15g carbs so thought I'd forgo lunch and have them for tea, seems there wasn't that long to wait anyway (this was about 3pm). Really enjoyed it.

Caved and also had half an exante cookie at 8pm. Hoping to stay awake enough to go to the gym a bit later anyway so shouldn't matter too much.

Day 35 Verdict:
Just...really fancied food. I guess I'm missing it. Need to dig deep and find a bit of extra motivation to get back on the diet aproper.

It is so hard at times. I had a good day yesterday. My weight can vary so much that's on reason I don't weigh sail. You are so lucky to be able to do this as it would really get to me and I would probably go right off plan if I gained.
You seem so focused regarding your exercise we'll done x

It really is hard sometimes Les. I really admire that everyone seems better at keeping going than me! I cheat a lot. And while I'm not putting anything on (I hope) I'm not losing as fast as others either.

I've received some contradictory information about my working out that seems to make sense but it's thrown me into a bit of a tizz. It's recommended you either eat back the calories you work out (which I can't face; that's like 600-900 a time) if you're doing cardio or it will put your body into survival mode, where it clings to its fat, when you're doing exante because so few calories are being consumed.

Which really throws me. Because I'm enjoying focusing on the exercise, but I want to lose more weight. It also explains why my loss stalled so quickly; massive losses before I joined the gym and now a hell of a lot less. I've ordered some protein shake - because I'd mistakenly assumed that this would be carb heavy like exante shakes, but it really isn't - in the hope that getting some protein and calories back in me after the gym will help, but I think I'm going to take it easy at the gym and just concentrate on the diet in the meantime. I wonder if this has something to do with why I've been craving solid food so much compared to when I first started?

So much information. No idea which way to go with it

When I use to log into my fitness pal and exercise my calorie intake on the site seem to double. I was unable to use all the calls up also my weight never seemed to move.
I now exercise for 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins in the evening. Which seems to work for me.
Like u I do find the diet hard and I do need food. I have tried the 28 day challenge but it is still hard. I am not the best at sticking to exante and I don't worry about my body going into kito as long as I don't go over 1000 calls a day at the moment I'm happy with that.
Perhaps a bit of gentle exercise will help you. Les x

Thanks for the support les. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it and have had a bit of advice from the nutritionist which made me feel a bit better.

Just Felt a bit glum today. Realised I felt uneasy that the boy is away, even with his little cub to distract him and knowing that he'll be the sole focus of his attention. Then I start feeling sick thinking about when he goes away for a fortnight in September...without the cub. It's not that I don't trust him. I have no reason not to trust him, he's brilliant and supportive. I guess it's just a reflection of how I feel about myself and how I look more than anything. Unpleasant.

Breakfast:
Strawberry shake.

Lunch:
Chocolate orange bar. Warmed to it a bit more than the first time I had one but still not a patch on the cookies and cream - which I'm currently hoarding just in case. They're out of stock on the website and that makes me feel uneasy.

Tea:
In the vein of hearing that I need to consume more calories if I work out to compensate for the over-burn, I had a sandwich thin with a scrambly egg (no milk) and a little bit of bacon on top. I know it's not quite Exante but I'm also realising I'm picking up good sustainable habits in terms of portions and consciousness of what's in these things. Looking forward to receiving the protein powder I've ordered so I can get back to Exante and just have an extra two protein shakes on the days I want to work out.

Day 35 Verdict:
Little bit of a rest and then off for a walk tonight. It's a nice evening and it's supposed to be wet for the next week or so, so I thought I'd better make the most of it. Might go down to the docks and just do one lap of it.

You talk of the boy and his little cub. Is this your other half?.
Well done on your day I've just had cauliflower rice with mixed peppers a little curry sauce .
Let's hope the cookies and cream bars rant out is stock for too long.
Like u I'm off to the beach to meet my daughter for a walk as it's so lovely. Hope u enjoy your walk. Les x

The boy isn't one for 'labels' or (according to him) 'dating' but I think we may have accidentally skipped over all that and become partners of a kind regardless, yes. I think the easiest way we describe it is 'growls' ('growlithe' was my favourite Pokemon - the tiger Pokémon - when we used to go Pokémon go hunting for Pokemon for his son, which I shortened to growl/growlie and this is our pet name for each other - hence his son being referred to as the cub - the tiger cub!) and we're both happy with being growlies together.

Your tea sounds delicious - I hope you enjoyed it and your walk! I was quite satisfied with both of mine until I received a message from the aforementioned boy saying he's eating 5 courses at every meal and he can already feel himself getting fat! At least I'll have a gym buddy when he's home, as his bad leg seems to be holding up!

Hello sorry to butt in but I'm hoping for a bit of support.........I have just completed my first week doing the "man plan" and probably have another 7 weeks to go.....is it ok if I follow your thread for a bit of inspiration ?

Yes of course. The man plan is good being four pkts a day. I have tried This. I'm afraid I'm off on holiday Sunday. I have managed to lose 18lb and am feeling good. When I return I would imagine 7lb gain so will b right back on here as soon as. I do a challenge which u can sign up to for 12 weeks if u r interested . It has a private facebook . Let me know if u would like to enter it and I will send you Karen's email . The next challenge starts in a few weeks from July to Sep. Good luck. Les x

[email protected]. you can ask to join the summer challenge. You can join the facebook group it's great. You get awards as we are groups and our weight loss gets put on graphs she awards you with coloured stars and a weekly report on how people are getting on. I work under the name of hunt1820 . If u want to message me my email is [email protected] x

You're always welcome to stop in here For inspiration! The more the merrier! I wish you the best of luck with the man plan - I suppose I kind of meander between total solution and man plan a lot of the time. Like today, I've had two shakes and an exceptionally low carb tea:

Breakfast:
Cookies and cream shake. A lot less like play doh and more palatable with a spoon of coffee in it actually.

Lunch:
Caramel latte frappe.

Tea:
Was going to have a bar but I really wanted steak. So I had a 170g fillet steak with some button mushrooms, cooked in a nob of butter with a spoon of lazy garlic and two cheese triangles thrown in. The mushrooms were actually startlingly good, and the whole thing was 5.2g carbs, and only 450 calories. This is the kind of thing I could live off when I'm at maintenance point to be honest. I'm enjoying how low carb I can make a meal and still be full and satisfied.

Day 36 Verdict:
Off to the gym later so no guilt about tea; if I do a proper work out I'll still have to have a protein shake so it's all good!

Back